Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Anyone know if Bayonetta 3 is gonna be a midnight EST thing or a noon tomorrow thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

Nintendo-published games are all midnight releases

nice, I've been practicing my bayonetta reflexes on 2 today so my fingers are ready

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Snake Maze posted:

Bayo 3 seems pretty great so far. Definitely some Astral Chain inspiration with the demon summoning, it’s a fun combo with Bayonetta’s moveset. Looks and runs great in handheld mode, at least the parts I’ve played.

I got to chapter like 3 or 4 last night and it’s good. If I have any complaints so far it’s that 1) attacks feel harder to see and dodge because of the camera angles and the way enemies go transparent when you’re behind them and 2) weird goo monsters aren’t as cool as angels and demons

#1 I’ll probably just get used to though and #2 will probably resolve itself in later chapters I assume.

Gonna be playin a lot of bayo today

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Bayo 3 is super fun so far through chapter 8. Is it as good as 2? I’m leaning towards no at this point because of a bunch of little annoying things, but it’s more bayonetta so I still love it

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Anyone else having a real problem vibing with Viola's block/dodge timing? I'm so used to Bayonetta's absolute last second dodging I just get smacked around with Viola. I think I'm just doing something wrong.

Also I've shifted my number one complaint about this game to being the number of enemy attacks that leave you staggered waggling the left stick. I figured by 2022 everyone realized that losing control of your character just kinda sucks.

still 9/10 cant wait until i can block/dodge everything and plat every chapter

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

If you wanna cheese that one get the Moons (the parry accessory) and use that. It's a bit easier.

The parry challenge isn’t too bad as long as you use the humanoid attacks to get witch time to kill the gunner. Trying to get a strong witch time off the mech gunner is a fools game

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Finally finished up Bayo 3 and my takeaway is that it has the coolest weapons in the series so far and that's about where any favorable comparison to the first two games ends.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh cool there’s new theatrythm game coming out that has a demo where progress carries over. I really only like around 2-3 FF games but I always like the flow of the rhythm gameplay in those

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Picked up labyrinth of galleria because I felt like playing a decent dungeon crawler, and I never quite finished labyrinth of refrain, but am I crazy in thinking this first dungeon is basically the same from the previous game?

I think I remember even the high level part out of nowhere behind the broken wall in the lower right of the first level. It’s been so long since I played the previous one that maybe I’m just imagining it

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

Labyrinth of Galleria is really good.

A note on this, if you already played labyrinth of refrain then the dungeons are almost exactly the same as that game with a new story molded around it, at least up to where I played. I was kind of annoyed it was almost the exact same game and gave up on it

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

Maybe I missed it but I played both and they didn’t seem the same to me? The first stratum is really similar looking.

Maybe I'm overstating it because it's been a while but I remember feeling like I knew exactly where hidden walls and such were in the sequel. Also maybe it diverges more later on and I just didn't get far enough.

I enjoyed refrain though and anyone looking for a first person dungeon crawler should consider getting one of the two games at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah I can see that for the first chunk of the game. It introduces all the same dungeon traversal mechanics as Refrain at the same speed at the beginning which doesn’t help. Although you do get more tools than you had in Refrain at a decent clip.

Cool maybe I’ll give it another chance sometime soon. Not today though. Today I just learned from another poster that I missed a new Shiren game