Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Has anybody played the Fatal Frame port? Is it worth it for a Fatal Frame noob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So the Castlevania Advanced collection seems pretty nice. I really enjoyed the last collection anyway and I wouldn’t mind giving (most) of the Castlevania franchise a fair shake at playing. But there are so many different gameplay differences between entries that it makes the whole thing kinda daunting.

How are the GBA games different? Do they glean more from SotN and/or Super Metroid at this point? I don’t quite get what really defines the era this package is trying to cover.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Thread, I bought No More Heroes. I’m looking forward to playing it.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

They need to cool it with these Pokémon games. It’s a full time job to follow this series anymore.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Somehow someone is playing all the DLC already online...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQCBC5HP6sE

So the Tokyo Blur track from Tour has a different path on each lap.

Edit:
Game Xplain has all 8 tracks up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj_DLjg6fkE

The tracks look great. *phew*

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Are you able to roll the new Mario Kart tracks on online matches yet? I haven’t found any in the matches.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 18, 2022

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Does Lego City Undercover provide six dollars worth of entertainment?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is the deluxe edition of Lego Star Wars just a few other characters or is there some story content to go along with them? Is it worth the extra 10bux?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is it safe to assume a digital sale this weekend-ish?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wish i could just buy this instead of subbing to wintendo's fail service

I wanted to play Mario 64 again but didn’t feel like searching around for a copy of 3D All Stars, so I subbed recently.

Hate to say it but I’ve been enjoying it. Plus Banjo Kazooie, Mario Kart 64 and Octo-Pass have been very fun, and whatever the gently caress is on the Genesis one. Never had a Genesis.

I’m having fun despite being a sucker.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What are the top, uh, three must play games (to completion) on the Sega Genesis Switch App?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I have finally beat Cuphead!!!

When I’m ready to get my rear end kicked again I’ll buy the DLC, which looks great. But for now, I bask.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Sent my Joycons off to Nintendo on Tuesday and now I’m playing drift free today. Would be better if I didn’t have to mail them off at all, but I appreciate the speedy service. I have a portable console again.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is Kirby 64 the most charming 3D Kirby game?

This gamer thinks so.

We take you now to a local man who distinctly remembers beating it during a single rental period with plenty of time to spare, but is now dying over and over to this baby game.

Have his gamer skills declined? Maybe newer Kirby games have just become that much easier over the years, and going back to moments of minimal challenge feel more difficult in comparison.

I don’t think that’s it. Merely he just appreciates the vibes more.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Play both Bayos, c’mon people.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

If I enjoyed Bayo 1 and 2 would Astral Chain be a safe recommendation?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Dear Mario,

Please announce a port of Pikmin 1 and 2 for the switch tomorrow.

Amen.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

Id rather them annonunce new games in dead franchises then remasters

Pikmin 4 💀

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Serious post.

We Love Katamari Reroll.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Miyamoto talked about simplifying Pikmin 4’s gameplay but I hope they don’t dumb it down too much. I thought Pikmin 3 controlled a little awkwardly especially considering how natural the GameCube controls felt for 1 and 2 so I understand the need to rethink and refine the controls.

Anyway I’m slightly concerned, because I feel like Luigi’s Mansion 3’s gameplay was also simplified from the original game which I felt was a step down and I don’t want that to happen to my vegetable ant video game.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Hey everyone, this guy believed the “leaks!”

You mean to tell me these gaming news channels just, what, “fill time” with shaky, unsubstantiated rumors?

It’s this kind of divisive attitude that stains the good name of video games journalism.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Wind Waker Master Quest Preorder Bonus.

You heard it here first.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Has anybody here played KoToR on Switch? Preferably from those for whom it was their first play through: does the game hold up? I’m not expecting it to have aged perfectly but is it still an engrossing sci-fi rpg or has it been too outclassed by the times?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is Dusk different enough from Quake where I wouldn’t just be better off just playing more of the massive content I’ve not finished in Quake? I like the Halloween vibes it’s got but if it feels like a Quake reskin, should I bother?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Um I didn't find it very Quakey, its an excellent game though

but yes you should go and eat your vegetables (Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity I assume?)

I actually haven’t touched any of the extra dlc. I was looking over my old games and realized that there was all this extra content here. I think this month I will be shooting a lot of things.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 5, 2022

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

It looks like a shaved Osito, the Bimbo Bear.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Updog Scully posted:

When would be the best time to get Luigi's Mansion 3 if I want to enjoy it as a Halloween experience?

There’s seventeen stages? You could do one a day from the 14th and face the final boss on Halloween?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So is Mario Kart dropping at midnight?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’m a Mario kart playing fool and I’m happy to get more road to scoot on.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Any Metroid fans play Gato Roboto? Is it worth two dollars?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Nintendo…I’m begging you. Your first party games are several years old. Please discount them for more than 30%…please.

Remember the Player’s Choice line, Nintendo? Remember?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’ve never played Goldeneye despite having an N64 growing up. I am excited to be disappointed tomorrow.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 27, 2023

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

You know how everyone is saying Doom has aged really well and is still 100% fun and playable today? Imagine uh the opposite of that

Snake Maze posted:

"Aging badly" is a fake idea. If it was possible to sit down and lose yourself in a game for hours in the (90s/80s/70s) then it's possible to do so today.

Guess we’ll see tomorrow!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

American McGay posted:

Goldeneye is out btw.

Finally! We can come to a unanimous conclusion on this subject.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Woooah…okay. Can somebody please explain to me how movement/aiming works in Goldeneye?

Edit: Not making a declaration of quality just yet. But this will take some getting used to.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 27, 2023

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Stux posted:

there are roughly 50 possible control schemes to use. probably look at them would be my first port of call, even before posting ona forum to ask "what are the controls?"

I am finding 1.2 controls work a little better for me. And to be fair, different preset controls are also a pretty old thing that’s not really standard these days, and I wouldn’t have known to check for them if I hadn’t posted here.

It’s a much different way of approaching an fps than modern controls would have you expect, and I was asking more for a veteran’s approach, rather an a straightforward explanation of the button layout.

But thank you, Stux, I’ll be sure to prostrate myself next time I decide to approach the busy minds of the Nintendo thread on the Something Awful forums.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

I was gonna say "Oh, that's a trophy in Smash", but that's Doshin the Giant, not Dokapon Kingdom. :doh:

I freakin’ wish Doshin the Giant was coming to switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’m not a Pikmin man, I’m a Pikmin, man.