Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Willo567 posted:

Is N64 emulation extremely bad, because most people on here say it's fine and serviceable

"extremely bad" here means "the second least accurate and laggy emulation behind only WiiU" and not "unplayable for a casual person"

e: I would like to make it clear I mean input lag and not normal lag, which is probably genuinely better than any official emulation or the original.

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Nintendo put a pointing and clapping feature for online connections to single player N64 games so if you think that the people doing it are weirdos making bizarre edge cases Nintendo disagrees

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Ziploc posted:

I just played MK64 and am wondering if I've turned poo poo at it in my old age, or the lag/controls are just super bad.

Are all the N64 games equally bad? Or does their performance/lag vary from game to game?

For MK64 I feel like it's getting used to the changes in drifting from later games plus intense rubber banding AI.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

The Bloop posted:

No one ever talks about foreground music

Foreground music is when you play as Big Band in Skullgirls and stitch together a rendition of Bugler's Holiday

e: or when you do this:
https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1246523947820220418?t=6BGzf0tXH8tTetFe-jJtcQ&s=19

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 4, 2021

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Harrow posted:

My tip for Dread bosses is to complain about bosses you get frustrated with online, then go back and try again. Always works for me. The more over-the-top and whiny the complaining, the better, I find.

(this is not a joke, for some reason--the more embarrassingly mad at video games I get on here, the more certain it is I'll beat that boss as soon as I post and feel like a jackass)

This is true, and it works for puzzle games, too. I will instantly notice that I missed something that wasn't even trying to test my brain, like in one of my recentish posts to this thread.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

MechaSeinfeld posted:

The main characters name is Rüsty

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

American McGay posted:

Shut up bitch. Unless you play No Assist I don't wanna hear it.

I've beaten every puzzle on S4-S6 No Assist and I deem Mega Picross "pretty good but I'd prefer more Color Picross"

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Zurtilik posted:

SMT V feels like it's pretty juttery for the parts I've played so far. Did I get too used to my XBOXs constant 60?

It's doing it even docked.

Having it docked usually makes the framerate worse, because it raises the resolution vs during handheld gameplay

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

hatty posted:

I liked doing donuts in front of Peach’s castle in MK64. Was kinda mad it was blocked off when the track was brought back in 7/8

:emptyquote:

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
But without detachable joycons, how can I take advantage of the ability, in Groove Coaster or pinball, to turn the Switch sideways and play in 9:16 mode instead of 16:9 mode?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
In Chicory is the color pallet you have always limited by the map screen you're in, or can I eventually use more than 4 colors at a time?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wasn't there a meme about the creepy Link statue that gets left behind from him playing the Elegy of Emptiness? Ben something? I dunno.

Ben Drowned

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

The Anime Liker posted:

Elden Ring isn't a contender for best car game

Looks like SOMEONE hasn't been offered an Accord.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Speaking as someone who only played the GBC Mario Tennis, the N64 Tennis and Golf seem kind of lacking in comparison?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Why is Forgotton Anne, a game which I have owned for a long time, showing up on the New Games list as having just released last week? Did it get unlisted for a while or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Rolo posted:

What’s snaking

The DS version of Mario Kart had drifting set up in such a way that the optimal strategy on straightaways (everywhere really, but especially there) was to be Dry Bones and do small drifts back and forth in a path like a snake's.

Also, the last Rainbow Road they added here may be my least favorite yet.