Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Best Buy's selling eShop cards for 10% off.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/microsoft-xbox-and-nintendo-eshop-gift-card-savings?qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Mario Party palming should only be used to gain victory over friends and enemies and therefore has no use in a single player game. Didn't you read the factory safety warning?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Willo567 posted:

I'm crossposting this from the SMT thread. Move over AC grandma

https://twitter.com/Food4Dogs/status/1459672756983791618

I love Food for Dogs. As a well-to-do grandma she brings an interesting perspective when reviewing harem anime games.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Martman posted:

I think I have some weird baseline input lag with the Switch on my TV... I'm wondering if this is a common problem, and maybe any additional input lag issues with certain games/emulation are compounding and making it godawful?

Is the joycon signal disrupted? I had my switch dock behind my TV and input issues stopped when I moved it to the open space.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

The Postman posted:

i like majora's mask dekus when are they gonna give us more deku lore

Would love for more MM/OoT stuff to show up in the BoTW sequel.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Will GameStop still trade me my old switch and some money for an OLED?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Is your old one moddable? If you can sell it for the cost of an oled

Nah. I traded my original moddable Switch for the extended battery version before I knew its value. Nintendo keeps getting me with these incremental upgrades.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm guessing it's some child development source of fear of playing with an unknown "player" rather than the difficulty of the bot

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Yeah till older sibling uses their extra turn to screw over younger sibling. Then it's not fair any more

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

KingSlime posted:

True the first party landscape is kind of zzz. That Kirby game looks bad rear end tbh but it's been so long since botw, it's really hard to feel hyped for a sequel to a five year old game that will likely reuse the engine and tons of assets unless they get really creative with it

Ports and indies meanwhile stay winning

I and several others find is quite easy to be hyped

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Fake post obv but it's not a Mario game

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
What's crunch?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm using tilt controls!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Impressions I've seen of Rune Factory 5 is that it doesn't do much of anything new and imports gameplay from 4 quite heavily. And from gameplay videos I've seen, environments look pretty lovely. Maybe this is the Rune Factory Sword/Shield before Arceus...

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Thought that was CohhCarnage at first.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
That's a great deal.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Triskelli posted:

Only games where Kirby is Bad

drat you know Kirby's cold as ice but when he reminds you it's just, drat.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Gotta hand it to all the goons gaming to completion itt

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it took 5 years for an open world game (elden ring) as cool as BOTW to come out, i can wait for BOTW2 a bit more!!!

Available lifespan:future good open world games ratio's looking bleak

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

One thing I realized in my last run of CC is how beautifully cinematic battles are. The camera angles, the different animations for characters between "idle" and their attacks or waiting for you to put in another melee attack, etc.. I used a character named Steena who I've never used before and she has basically no depth but drat if it isn't coo to just watch her in battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZjMc0hqD9k

I think you're using the words beautifully and cinematic pretty loosely here.

e. And coo

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Commander Keene posted:

My copy of Super Mario 3D All-Stars, which I bought on the 31st in commemoration of the first anniversary of Mario's death, arrived today. Time to play some 3D Marios. I'll be sure to record how much I suck and post angrily about how bad the game (irrespective of what game is actually being discussed) is in here.

Formally reporting this post to the police. You missed the legal window to acquire the game. Have fun in jail, asswipe

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Looking forward to XC3 tutorial messages in the postgame.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

whaley posted:

how does that happen

Is it Wii? Is it U? How is OP supposed to know??

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'd love a modern Snowboard Kids reboot/remake. Those games were fun.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
A Kirby/Persona crossover would be lit.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Completed Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

Grats

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Google Butt posted:

How is rune factory 5 if ur not an anime head

It'll either make you one, or you probably won't like it.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's pretty anime but not like egregiously so. Like it's a farming simulator and also a JRPG and is about as anime as that sounds.

One thing I dig that's missing from that pitch is that the RPG elements also apply to the farming bit. Most of them have a pretty tightly controlled economy, you can grow these crops at this time, and if you unlock some skills or choose the right fertilizer, you can increase the sale value of your crops a bit or make them grow 20% faster and get one more harvest.

I found a bag of pumpkin seeds early on and planted them on a plot, and they're one of those crops that regrow and can be harvested every few days. What I didn't know was that this happens because I kept fertilizing my fields, and harvesting crops also levels up your soil. Eventually the pumpkins started growing larger and larger and I got a quest telling me they'd fuse into a giant pumpkin if I let them be, but for some reason that never happened. I kept buying various fertilizers and dumping them on my pumpkins and the UI told me they did indeed stack, but no super pumpkins. When I finally realized what was happening was that the fairies I had tending my fields would harvest and ship any viable crops in the afternoon, and told them to take a break, I had a little plot of super soil ten levels above the rest of my field that would quintuple the growth rate of any crops, while yielding a bigger and higher quality harvest than its neighbors and turn anything planted there into a giant if left alone for a couple days.

the other jrpg parts i can take or leave but that bit i like

You see, I want to love this aspect of Rune Factory, but just like with 4, when I'm playing RF5 I am stoned and chillaxing to the max and I am not responsible enough to care for crops to this degree. I can barely remember to stay up till 10 to trigger a heart event. RF5 owns.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
E: wrong thread

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Is GTA with the latest patch "worth it"? I never played the originals and I don't have another current-gen console.

For the genre it's a fun game. Get it on sale imo.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm looking forward to playing 4 after I finish 5. I'll just pretend they were released in the opposite order.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I just know that all these Switch games I've bought will be Perfect on the Switch 2.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I AM the Switch Pro!!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
A Pokemon game with Octopath graphics would be certifiably tight.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

My favourite pokemon is the one who was supposed to be based on veteran Japanese actor Beat Takeshi because it follows his movie career and evolves from a delinquent teen into a hardboiled detective, but it accidentally came out looking like if donald trump was a literal weasel

May I see the Pokemon?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Internet's gonna go ham for Lechonk.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

There are no bad frame rates on god’s console, only non believers

People don't understand this console and it grinds my gears. Have you ever looked at the propeller of a plane as it begins to turn? You only notice the blades moving until they are going so fast that your eyes literally cannot perceive the movement any longer. It looks like there is no movement at all. If you think you're experiencing "frame drops" or "terrible performance," maybe how about you go and get your eyes checked, or better yet, admit that you're just a slow human with (lol) Xbox eyes?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
After being disappointed with Rune Factory 5, I'm excited to see Square move in with Harvestella. And Persona 5 fiiinalllyyyy!!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Just give me a chance
To do a Switch Pro
dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Additional graphics options in Bayonetta and all games should be celebrated imo, as should attempts at innovation and competition in mobile gaming. The last couple pages come across as anti-consumer for the sake of defensive horniness and Nintendo fandom.