Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've felt like most Pokemon games were a step down since BW2, which had a really fantastic postgame. Wish the Pokemon World Tournament feature would come back to one of the future games since that was always my favorite concept---a huge assortment of different battles starring a trove of past gym leaders across gens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not even giving you the quality-of-life change of using TMs more than once is pretty lame. There's really no reason to keep that even in a remaster. None of it really surprises me but goddamn lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have never heard of this game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Parkasaurus owns but idk how it will translate to console. Using a mouse for that kind of game makes is so easy, I feel a controller interface will slow it down so much so I'm hoping it runs well

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nobody does "gently caress it, here's a trailer for a game you barely know poo poo about, and it's out in 2 months" better than Nintendo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nintendo will get my money when they finally drop their only notable RPG, Ogre Battle 64, on the service. Assuming that they will since it was on Wii/WiiU and it doesn't seem like Square/Atlus give a gently caress about that series being tossed onto Nintendo's eshop repeatedly

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glassyalabolas posted:

Show me silksong and botw2.

both will absolutely be announced this spring....to be delayed til early 2023

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

never have my hopes been raised and dashed so quick lol. gently caress these musous, god

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

def has to be Next Level making this, it looks way too good for Camelot dogshit

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LIVE A LIVE, Xeno3, Mario Kart Infinite, all coming out this year, very good direct

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

noticed Xenoblade 3 has 4 party members, gently caress yesssssss

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol jesus gently caress

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Now if it only had combat instead of what amounts to the worst rhythm game

either you've only played X2 or you're very bad at these games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HOTD remake finally getting a release date is nice but I'm really looking forward to their HOTD2 remake more

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I tried playing the Triangle Strategy demo but almost fell asleep at how boring the characters and story is. I read that there is shitloads of exposition and story stuff compared to the actual battles so I wasn't confident on bothering to continue yet. Based on the posts here though maybe I'll give it another shot---I just want something that's close to Tactics Ogre GBA in iso strategy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

American McGay posted:

They saw Elden Ring's open world and said "oh gently caress" lmao.

pretty much any and every open world game got put on notice after Elden Ring ngl, possibly the most rewarding open game to explore in forever

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

earthworm jim 2... a mediocre sequel

it has a level wherein there is an impromptu character switch to a blind salamander, forcing you to navigate a strange maze while Moonlight Sonata plays. The level is also interrupted by a random quiz show segment with nonsensical questions/answers. This level is followed by an isometric flying rocket segment. If anything EW2 should not have existed it was so loving weirdly ambitious and surreal

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nintendo put Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut on the service and restore Hobo Cop you fuckin cowards

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people who love Golden Sun definitely don't remember how shockingly bad the story/writing was and how broken brained the "puzzles" and combat are, 90% of which was spamming 1 of 2 Djinns or using "Push/Pull" on a series of things in a series of very boring mazes. Camelot is very adept at bad writing which was evident in their Mario Tennis GBA RPG game too.

That being said this leak seems sus if only because I can't envision Nintendo having the good taste of giving us both Knight Of Lodis and Ninja Five-O in one go. But if they really loved us they'd have thrown in Mischief Makers/Ogre Battle 64 onto the NSO expansion by now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

Oh, there's no chance of Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre, those are under the purview of Square Enix. If we're lucky, Squenix will remember those games exist for long enough to have M2 stuff them in a $60 separate collection release, like Saga and Mana. If not, they're going to be $60 each for "remasters*" and that's assuming they don't continue to gather dust sitting in Squenix's back catalog.

*May not actually be remastered

Tactics Ogre for PSP sure, but Ogre Battle 64 has been on the Wii/WiiU before and I kind of doubt they care about the GBA one. I'd actually say there's a good chance they show up

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

assumed Xeno3 was the big holiday game since Zelda got delayed, now I'm wondering what their big game for Xmas will be

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

should have just called this direct "Twee Indie Showcase"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yes give me satan

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want that monkey game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I loving love Etrian Odyssey but without 3DS/DS idk how they're going to really handle the mapmaking part of the experience. Unfortunately it felt like such an integral part of poo poo, swapping to map back and forth won't be the same as having the dual screens.

I last heard about a "new Etrian project" like 3 or 4 years ago and then there's just been silence. Atlus takes eons before releasing stuff like a new Persona/SMT game and I'm guessing they got burned out from making so many Etrian games on the 3DS.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've given up on getting mad on SNES games on the online thing, it's 2022 and if you want to play all those SNES/GBA games you can easily get one of 50 different emulator machines, even off of Amazon

I do think that Data East and Jaleco having practically all of of their extremely mid library on the system is funny though lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are amazing games but honestly I feel like Bayo 3 will suffer a bit being on switch

DMC5 is so so good and looked incredible even on ps4 and I have to reiterate, is so good

Platinum making Bayo 2 look as good as it did, in 60FPS, was really drat cool so I'm not too worried. DMC5 was made with what is possibly currently one of the best game engines so it's a steep act to follow for a character action game.

There were quite a few games that I was happy escaped the Switch exclusivity though---Dameon x Machina being one of them, and NMH3 was the other I hoped would be released elsewhere. Some of those games just run like rear end and really struggle.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they've already done one fakeout before---vehemently telling everyone at every turn "we're sorry but we didn't have time to make Casey Jones guys" the past few months---so they def can/will do it again to safeguard DLC plans. Probably won't be for a long while but maybe in a year they'll drop something

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hogama posted:

It can't be... are they really releasing "that"?

I have no idea which title it will be but I'm just gonna guess a Sin and Punishment or Ikaruga remake. Would love to see Mischief Makers re-released literally on anything. I'm just in similar shock that Treasure is still a thing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glad nintendo confirmed nothing else matters for this console besides xenoblade

p.s. bayo3 dead

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the guy in charge of NMS literally said there was multiplayer and you could see other players Day 1, to this day I have no loving clue why he lied right til the very end about it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1541440061626953729?s=20&t=2SQy6fDNI3q6vLkmPHLY1A

lol I've heard this story at least 5 years in a row. If it turns out they really were just "saving" it, that legit sucks rear end because this dripfeed thing they do is remarkably lame.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

American McGay posted:

“Saving it” is just a line the fake rumor people use to cover their rear end in case the thing they said was definitely coming out never actually comes out.

I agree with this and think it'd be funnier if the Prime Trilogy never ever came out, and was actually just a fake rumor milled out just to weed out leakers

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SMTV still being exclusive to Switch and now they get all 3 personas, king poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

love how Kamiya got jealous that his former child Devil May Cry added a rebellious kid in recent years so they decided to add their own Nero in Bayo3. Game looks sick, looks like it runs at 60fps which is all I cared about.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people who havent played bayo2, absolutely get on that immediately----it leaves bayo1 completely in the dust in every way. also doesn't have horrid platform segments or instafail QTEs.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nier is even worse considering you have to level your loving character up and it's possible to get into massive slog boss battles where your attack do almost nothing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, after the announced lineup of N6R games comes out, what's left to release from that era that's likely to get released? Dk64 and Smash? Any other small time 3rd party stuff? I doubt many other Rare games will be offered, but I could be wrong.

All I give a gently caress about is Ogre Battle 64, chances are non-zero since it was on the old Wii VC

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

either amazon is majorly hedging bets on poo poo being shown tomorrow or nintendo is going to have a metric fuckton of stuff announced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PUPMIN

SOLD