Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Treecko posted:

So I bought Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water off the E-shop thinking it was a re-master of the old PS2 games. Turns out it's a Wii-U game that I didn't even know existed. I know that's my fault and I should have read more carefully.

I really don't like motion controls and I'm playing on a switch lite. There's an option in the settings to turn them off, but then there's items you can't pick up without tilting the switch at an angle.

Is there a way around this? I know there's probably not without buying another controller.

I'm going to finish this game either way since I bought it...but I wouldn't recommend it.

E: is Rune Factory 5 still getting localized? I really liked the first 4 and was waiting for it. I don't get many chances to check game info anymore.

The shoulder buttons should rotate your frame around instead of the motion controls. Been playing it on PS5 this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gold and Silver is the best gen because it’s the one I remember most fondly for hitting at the right time of my life and blowing my young mind

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I can’t speak for the switch version but at least for 3 and VC on PS5 the visual improvements are mostly great and the QoL stuff essential improvements. I couldn’t see myself ever playing the originals now that this is an option. Hopefully some patches will address the more egregious stuff like the rain but overall I find the work done here to be more on the better side of things.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There are no bad Mario games.

Only bad opinions on Mario games.

:hai:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah Wolf 2 slaps but I couldn’t imagine how ugly it’d look on Switch

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

If you’re not excited for the Danganronpa games to drop on Switch tomorrow, you should be!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Looper posted:

i would say start with 4, then play 5 and 6 if you want more of that style, then switch to 1, followed by 0 (but preferably 2 and 3) if you want more of that style

also revelations 1 and 2 both play kinda like a combo of old and newish re, and are good

Yeah don’t sleep on the Rev series, especially 2.

The answer is basically all Resi is good. 4 is the best of the action oriented latter day titles, 1 remake is the best of the old school that’s available on switch.

Rev 2 is kind of a hybrid of both. Rev 1 is also this but it was a (good) 3DS game and I think the sequel is way better.

5 is okay.

Only bother with 0 if you need more classic remake style RE. Only bother with 6 if you need more action RE.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Did these Danganronpa re-releases get a retranslation or something? I feel like the script is a little different than when I played it on PS4. They changed the font, too.

That’d be kinda cool if it turned out they did that. I don’t remember the previous version word for word obviously but I just feel like it’s a little different.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Also oh poo poo I didn’t realize another Telltale Sam & Max remaster was due out, and on the 8th too!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

You know what’s hosed up? I buy games, play them, and enjoy them whilst playing them.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Books are cool and all but I also love how smug and superior people act about the choice of something someone else made that they choose to consume. A book is a creative work. So are films and games. It’s fine to have preferences.

It’s really not necessary to come in and slam people for reading or not reading books over playing or not playing games. Both mediums contain absolute schlock as well as meaningful stories and themes. Chill.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Whatever nerds, I’m going to go culturally and intellectually enrich myself by *faaaaaaarrrrrrrt*

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Alan_Shore posted:

I just googled it and found out Danganronpa means BULLET REBUTTAL

which owns

I somehow never knew this despite playing the entire series and I think I just assumed it was a made up word

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Desperately looking for Mario’s skill tree, getting increasingly frustrated at not gaining any skill points to unlock the long jump

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Ah time for the monthly "is BotW actually good" discussion. :sickos:

Heh. You THINK it’s one of the best games in the franchise, but it’s actually just a middling 6/10.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Zurtilik posted:

Do they intend to add more Genesis games as well you think?

In the same way they intend to add more to the existing ones, which is to say one or two titles every handful of months, if we’re lucky.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Is the game award show known for game announcements? I don’t usually keep up with it so I have no idea, but this doesn’t seem like the time of year that companies are making big announcements anyway.

They certainly hype the game awards as if its going to have the biggest announcements you’ll see outside of E3, but it contained maybe one game I was excited to learn about out of its 3 hours of “world premiers”

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

*playing an incredibly low res and blurry port of Doom 2016 on my switch* Wow! This is incredible! How did they do it??

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Willo567 posted:

paper mario on n64 is better than thousand year door

co-sign

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yessss, Toejam and Earl :toot:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pat Mustard posted:

Is resident evil 4 on switch as good as it was on GameCube?

Yes? It’s the exact same game. With extras from later versions even.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Fun Times! posted:

Will GameStop still trade me my old switch and some money for an OLED?

They’re never not accepting console trade ins, just depends on what the current value they’re offering is. And of course this is assuming you can find an OLED in stock.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

God of War? “God I’m Bored”

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think not realizing that animal crossing is a special snowflake that requires it’s own transfer tool and process is a pretty normal thing for a normal user. It’s not like the game advertises that fact to you unless you have the forknowledge to look it up.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

My advice for Disco is to not save scum, just roll with whatever checks you pass or fail. In fact failing some will open up opportunities elsewhere, and you can always attempt it again by putting a point into that skill and maybe equipping some stuff that’ll help with it.

Game’s a goat for sure

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Harmony of Dissonance owns and I like the weird rear end low fi soundtrack, it goes well with the visuals and fits with the theme of the title

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

*playing the game that literally shaped and informed how 3D movement in a game works*

I can’t control this poo poo, it plays like rear end!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Before I drop money on the interesting looking new Pokémon game, can someone briefly tell me what it’s like? Is it basically a breath of the Wild where you’re running around in an open world throwing pokeballs at the Pokémon? Cus that sounds good to me. I haven’t followed it much beyond the initial reveal.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SS sucked major rear end for the most part but it gets points from me for at least trying to be interesting and engaging in some new concepts for the series instead of being a lifeless drag of an OoT retread like TP. The short answer is I have to be pretty Zelda starved to consider revisiting either one.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I know the switch is all about being lightweight and minimal but the eshop is really loving dire to navigate. I miss the categorization and overall layout from the Wii U eshop. This is like, 1000 games are on sale, here’s a giant loving page bursting with shovelware. Like yeah I know there’s a wishlist and a search but in terms of simply browsing, it’s dire.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

That’s a lot of time for some cool announcements and surprise drops! I hope it’s a hype Direct

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’ve got a feeling

FF 6 remaster is due out this month. What if that releases tomorrow, and the direct announces all six are now available on switch as part of the Direct

Mark it, Dude

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Taking bets on BotW 2 presence:

-Trailer with release date

-No show

-“Please understand”

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The hot cool guy takes are coming in fast and hard, I see. Good poo poo everyone.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

“Heh. I’m too smart for this overrated pixel art junk. Time to let all the plebs know what the real deal is”

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

robot roll call posted:

48 loving mario kart tracks!!!!!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

48 new tracks is nanners and Mk 8 is already such an awesome and content filled game that I’m giddy as hell about literally doubling the track count and ostensibly turning into Mario Kart Ultimate.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Chrono Cross is an amazing game that also happens to be a bad sequel to Chrono Trigger. However I’m probably more excited to revisit it than play Chrono Trigger again. Game owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Lol. Nintendo announced some cross platform games in addition to a smattering of first party ones that don’t personally interest me. What’s more, the thread isn’t even talking about them at this very moment? God, what happened to you, Nintendo. Circling the drain, I’d say.