Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why is every Turtles in Time re-release a stripped down version missing like half the stages? I stupidly bought it for the Xbox a few years ago and I couldn't give a poo poo about the NEW UPDATED GRAPHICS because it's about 50% of the original game.

They ported the arcade game no one remembers instead of the SNES one people do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Evermore was a pale western imitation with some the worst dungeons ever designed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And better music

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Obvious how much Super Metroid owns, yeah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Super Metroid was the main fixture at GDQ for a long time but that was mostly because of the whole 'save/kill the animals' thing.

Until one year when they did a low% race and three out of four died to Phantoon and someone got real pissy about the whole thing, anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would say it would be incredibly difficult to not do accidentally since it's just touch wall while jumping, press jump

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tbf despite knowing about the grapple beam trick since 1994 I've never actually gotten it to work a single time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Has anybody played the Fatal Frame port? Is it worth it for a Fatal Frame noob?

No idea what the Switch port is like but the game itself is both good and the worst in the series. No knowledge of the older games is necessary.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're way easier than Cuphead bosses with simpler patterns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Pirate Captain posted:

Anyone have fun with Ys 9 since it’s on sale? I liked 8 but part of that was the setting.

It's good but not as good as 8 and the setting is much less interesting

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blooster posted:

Uh I guess the seven enemies and two bosses I played were okay

I don't need an 80 hour epic but an rpg I beat before lunch time is really pathetic. People enjoyed this piece of poo poo? There was one town in the entire game. And it had like three houses and two npcs. I guess it was slightly WaCKy which is all you need to be a viral hit these days.

Seriously if somebody made this in RPG Maker I'd call it a piece of poo poo. This being an actual retail release is loving amazing.

It's okay you can play the sequel for free now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I honestly never noticed it but maybe it isn't as bad in the PS4 version

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Willo567 posted:

It is extremely noticeable with Sonic imo

I'm used to the PAL version of Sonic running 20% slower so maybe that's why lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

BOTW is the spiritual sequel to Far Cry 2

No wonder I don't like it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but when people say that they mean dragon butt lava land and the crystal cave not Anor Londo which is one of the high points of the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Augus posted:

ive tried reading books before but they did not provide enough extreme sensory duress for my liking.
does anybody know any books that just straight up give you a seizure?

Have you tried Naked Lunch?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Monkey Fracas posted:

think was this before the PG-13 designation as well- forget which movie that was basically invented for

I assumed it was Batman but that's why we have the 12 rating in the UK

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OLEDs were in stock on UK Amazon so I grabbed one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Depends how much you want to play a port of a mediocre PS2 JRPG I guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't want it. Don't like roguelikes, looks tedious.

This

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I beat the Actraiser remake. I wasn't expecting a whole new land to build after the original final boss, that was a nice surprise. The new final boss was actually a good challenge too, harder than the original at least. The game is still way too short, I was hoping there'd be an entire second half of the game, but nope, just the one land. Still, it's more Actraiser than the original had, which is great.

I think I still prefer the original though even if it is shorter than this one. The siege stuff is neat, but I feel like it doesn't add much, and I still really dislike that you have to go into monster lairs and beat up orbs to seal them. That said, the new story stuff is cool, and the characters are mostly great. Philotas is the best, Danielle is pretty whatever, the rest are cool though.

Also Yuzo Koshiro remains a god of music, the new stuff he composed for the remake is top notch, but seeing as how it's Yuzo Koshiro, nobody should have expected any less.

I just wish it hasn't added the tower defence bits because I loathe them and the final island upping the difficulty on them them made it very easy to just drop it because I'd beaten where the original game ended.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CrossCode is the best example of more not necessarily being the same as better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ragequit posted:

One of my darkest secrets is that I’ve never played Majora’s Mask. Never really had a chance growing up and it kind of slipped by.

I was excited for the 3DS version because if this then it turned out I hated it lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ekum bokum

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JordanKai posted:

Then how come I've never seen Tifa do a double jump?

Just have to watch the right video

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TheCenturion posted:

Mario X Rabbids on sale on the NA store.

When is it not?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bartlebee posted:

Oh yeah sorry, I was unclear. Kingdom hearts 2 is the one she wants to play. Thank you; I just couldn't tell if it was a reasonable port or one where everybody got angry because they changed a bunch in the update. The KH Fandom seems bonkers so it was hard to figure out. Ty.

At least try the demo so you can tell if the whole streaming game thing works.
Also the same compilation exists on every other current system so if you have any other way to play it, I would.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bartlebee posted:

We have a four year old Xbox one that I can't get her to play her favorite Sims game on and the switch which she loves. And as far as I could tell it's not available on Xbox. I'm not happy about the streaming either but it seems like that's the only option as of now. Good call on trying the demo first though.

I honestly thought it was on Xbox but now I think about it maybe not lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hatty posted:

I’ve seen much worse

I've seen much better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sitting patiently for the image to load fully

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If I'm transferring my Switch account from an old one to an OLED can I just pop my memory card out of the old one and put it in the new one to transfer games and stuff? Or will it be formatted and I'll have to redownload everything?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yesterday I got beaten at MK8 by a 7 year old, that's just how it goes sometimes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no Gundams in Evangelion

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I hate when Ubisoft games have me fighting giant robot T-Rexes

Blood Dragon was pretty awful yeah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dragon Quest is the vanilla ice cream of JRPGs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it's a Dragon Quest game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

2022 is the year of fire, the year of destruction...
the year we take back what is ours.
It is the year of rebirth...
the year of great sadness...
the year of pain...
and the year of joy.
It is a new age.
It is the end of history.
It is the year everything changes

Heck yeah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if you were to pick one of the packs first, would you go with Baldur's Gate 1/2 or Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale first?

my heart says Placescape

Planescape because you don't have to do any combat in that.

But Icewind Dale is all combat....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LuckyCat posted:

Has anyone played Lost in Random? Looks really good and right up my alley. Does the Switch version perform well or should I stick to PC for this one?

No idea about the Switch port but I bought it on sale thinking it looked like a fun Nightmare Before Christmas style game but the combat was so tedious and cumbersome it was unbelievable. When I spent 20 minutes fighting a boss only to die with one hit left I deleted it and never looked back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least with Disgaea 6 the Switch exclusivity in the west lasted a whole six months.

There's no better running PS version of RF5 at all at the moment.