Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

mdemone posted:

Okay I started up my DE game again and promptly died of a heart attack

Maybe the true ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Got a oled switch for Xmas and my first game was SMRPG
I played the original as a kid and even though it definitely is easy it really is charming and funny and the music it’s hitting my ears so nice

Very fun game

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Mega64 posted:

How many Metroidvanias on the Switch run at 60fps vs 30?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Dread, Castlevania Advance Collection, Cave Story, Alwas Awakening one and two, axiom verge one and two, the mummy demastered, Shantae Pirates Curse. Hollow Knight, Mickey adventures Island, piconico, the cat in a mech suit game, elec head, the one that's like we have hollow knight at home but it's a robot, Metroid Prime,

Off the top of my head of ones I've played, anyway.

Owned

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Just got Monster Train on sale, this game fucks pretty hard

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Stux posted:

nice pube on the screen brother

Oily wintertime
Surprisingly dirty switch grease
ah the perfect pube

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

my brain condition is that I love nintendo switch games!

also anxiety and depression
Same!
:hfive:

Just bought the FF pixel remasters
Been eyeballing them for a while and can’t wait to play through them all

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I somehow missed every final fantasy prior to 7 and I’m almost 40
I had a SNES and everything but got into earthbound and super Mario RPG and somehow didn’t hear about FF until later
Playing through the first one and it’s fun as hell music is rad, digging the graphics so far so good

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Copped snowruner

I got Snowrunner (but on steam deck) and I gotta say there is something about that game that got its hooks it me. I had foot surgery and was off work a couple months and that game was my jam. It’s maddening and peaceful in equal measure. I think I have 40 hours in it and barely put a dent in the base game not even counting the DLC content. Solid game
Any word on how it runs on switch?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

eightysixed posted:

You copped it on Steam Deck, you have to cop it on the Switch, bro :rolleyes:

Snowrunner is not a game I want to start over tho

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Call me crazy but there may just be a way for Nintendo to make a non poo poo piece of hardware AND make good games too.
It may mean that they have to spend more to produce each Switch 2 but it couldn’t hurt

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Started playing Gris and while the gameplay isnt knocking my socks off it is a very pretty game!

Any consensus on the best golf game for switch?
I don’t think I’ve heard enough good things about Mario golf super rush to warrant dropping 50 bucks on it and there seem to be a million other non Nintendo golf games available on the switch

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

As he removed his hand from his own rear end it was covered in gris and hair

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

otter posted:

Is/was that a real thing?
My wife always brings up “memes” but then forgets I don’t have social media (beyond Bluesky which is still kinda fledgling) so she will send me something I don’t get. I also got the feeling I missed something about grapes in the last year or so.

Just a heads up, being an active member of this forum is way worse than signing up for instagram/facebook/tiktok you are not better than her and are in fact worse hth

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Awwww here it goes

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Unicorn Overlord is good as gently caress

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

WHY BONER NOW posted:

There's so many amiibo opportunities for that game. My friend says they are "as useful as a screen door on a submarine". It's a figure of Peach

:moonrio::moonrio::moonrio:

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

My wife bought me my OLED switch but also every time she sees it laying somewhere she pantomimes throwing it onto the floor and breaking it ???

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Mario kart 8 deluxe is so good
Slept on this once for apparently like a decade but it’s such a well made game. The whole presentation is just making me feel good

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Mister Facetious posted:

Mario Kart Tour dlc tracks aside, I think it's a contender for the best looking game Nintendo's ever made.

I was happy to find out the online multiplayer still seems alive, I’m definitely enjoying the crazy frantic races and relatively small time investment in terms of getting into a group and getting into a handful of races easily

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Endorph posted:

in the early 2000s in japan there was a lot of media that confused 'crossdressing gay men' and 'trans women.' especially given that there is a subculture of crossdressing gay men, okama, in japan who do often talk about how they dont' fit the gender binary, or half-jokingly refer to themselves as women. vivian is a pretty clear example of that confusion. by modern standards she's very clearly a trans woman, not some sort of okama character, given how things around her are framed, but its not like japan's the only country that didn't quite get it at the time.

Sounds like it’s a pretty confusing thing to figure out thanks for clearing that up

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Animal Well is really dope so far
Only played a couple hours tonight but I’m really digging it

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I think I just went too hard in the paint with AC:NH during the initial lockdowns because I would have it up basically all day, even if I wasn’t actively playing it, and then the second the lockdown ended I almost never touched it again

It served its purpose fine - great, I’d even say - but I just didn’t feel compelled to keep playing once I wasn’t holed up at home all day every day

Same

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I've decided I'd like Animal Crossing to strike a balance by allowing outside furniture, but nixing full blown terraforming and instead emphasizing more in the way of unique events, encounters, villager dialogue and requests, that type of thing. Customization is hugely valuable but AC's strength lies in being essentially a non-predatory version of the GaaS model by making you want to check in every day and pace yourself. Covid definitely contributed to more than expected daily play and burnout, but I'd say giving players the agency to make a "perfect" island via a lot of tedium with the terraforming and complete control of everything was ultimately detrimental to the big picture experience.

Same

This was my go to game when the Pandemic hit, I played the poo poo out of this with my family and friends and then stuff kind of returned to normal and after like a year I didn’t have the luxury of throwing myself into it the way I had been and just kind of forgot, sold my OG switch, and moved on.
I just got an OLED switch a couple months ago and I wanted to go back to it but my biggest hang up was that the game feels like one of those mile wide and an inch deep games that could be a whole lot more of what I wanted but I feel like they will never change the recipe enough for me to put it anywhere near my top 10 list even though it feels like each iteration hangs around 60% of the way there.
The music, the art style, the simple gameplay mechanics, the cast of unique characters, the fact that as time goes on I have my own head canon about said characters and came to think of them as kind of fake real cartoon people.
I’m almost 40 and have played video games my whole life but I feel like Animal Crossing had this indelible effect on me throughout the years where it pulled me in on some weird , enchanting “take me back to my gaming years as a kid” effect and I have to give it credit for that
I think part of its popularity is the wide/deep balance but I can’t help but think if they moved things a different direction it could be one of my GOATS
And truthfully as a non game designing layman this may be wrong but, with all the systems currently available in regards to customizing your character and the neighbors you have and the island itself, if they could focus more on the neighbor stuff and expand and deepen it, I’d still be playing the game to this day
And whoever posted about 2 AM that really is a wonderful track.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I have way too many loving Nintendo Switch games (mostly digital)
Love buying games for this thing

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

:thumbsdown:

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

More like 100 shits in my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Just got Live A Live, started with the cave man hope I didn’t gently caress up but it seemed fitting to start with the earliest Live.
Laughing at the poop and farting attacks

Reminds me of the quality of 100 gecks music because it’s similar to fecal matter