Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

There was a new SteamWorld game announced today (bless up) and if it isn't on the Switch I would like someone to check in on me to make sure I'm ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I tried playing sunshine a few months ago and it is astoundingly bad.

Yeah. I don't know what it is, I loved 64 and Galaxy, but jfc is Sunshine annoying to me.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

My switch also makes fan noises sometimes. Launch model

Same here. Never caused an issue.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

woke kaczynski posted:

They're OK, I use them. The rumble is pretty bad, and I initially had to do some futzing around with the firmware bc the + and - buttons weren't working right, but they have a nice feel in my hands and they work pretty well for me now. (and I like the glowing joysticks)

It looks like they're claiming it can wake up the Switch, is that true? I thought no 3rd party controllers could do that for some reason.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Google Butt posted:

Oh didn't know that, cool.

Just to clarify... He's not saying that the software on the physical cart can be patched (if this is what you interpreted), but just that the game can be patched on your console either way. So that doesn't need to factor into your decision.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Sable would be... perfect on the Switch.

If it can run it.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It struggles to stay at 60fps on a series x unfortunately

Bummer. I played it on PC and it stuttered a bit, but drat what a game.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

They added a Cosby Suite level. Very tone deaf.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Planescape Torment plays very nicely

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

mdemone posted:

Wait it's on the Switch...?

lunges for Switch

Yes, and it's the Enhanced Edition. It's wonderful. Enjoy!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I liked the Wii U. Still waiting for Windwaker to come to Switch. >: (

As 25% of the console's install base, Nintendo should respect my wishes.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Strikers 3 is really a prayer answered. Stoked!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Jesus, 169 hours on my Wii U. I liked the console, really thought I played more.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Fallout 4? gently caress that. Put Fallout 1 and 2 on the Switch.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I do hope more content comes to Strikers. I loved the previous ones, but paying 60 bucks for this seems a little disappointing. The equipment doesn't make up for much since it all has a downside. Really it's easier to just change character then.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

worms butthole guy posted:

I haven't touched it again after that first day. Kinda sucks since I played the Wii one religiously

I beat the five or six cups or whatever, and that unlocked a mode which is harder I guess?

Yeah I played the poo poo out of the Wii one and I've been begging for this, I'm trying to put my finger on what exactly is lacking. Feels extremely flat.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Charged shots video needs to be skippable, for sure. Especially cause then you're just watching that boring "goalie fights the blast" scene.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Introducing the Switchbox 360

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Hail Satan.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I hate that I think I already know the answer to this.

I had to factory reset my phone tonight, and didn't copy the Google Authenticator QR code. I stupidly figured it would let me reset with an email or SMS, like everything else. I can't login to Nintendo on my PC or the phone now without an Authenticator code, which I can't provide. Is my only solution to call Nintendo?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Yeah, I have access to the Switch itself and the email. Thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses!

Probably wouldn't activate 2FA again, or would be less dumb and would save the codes better.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

As a final update to anyone with the same issue, I was able to reset my 2FA no problem through the online chat. They just needed me to have access to my email.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Morter posted:

Put future 2FA backup codes in an email to yourself.

You got it, honestly feels like I would've done this last time, but I couldn't find it. Pays to be double careful.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I still can't quite explain why the new Strikers sucks so bad. GC and Wii versions were amazing.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Star posted:

I remember reading that cult of the lamb had performance issues and quite many bugs at release. Anyone have it and know how it runs nowadays?

I played all the way through and didn't run into any big problems. Fun game.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Perfect time for some weird person who doesn't understand kids to suggest Bayonetta or an obscure anime game.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Sad Panda posted:

After finally wrapping up SteamWorld Dig 2, I played the original SteamWorld Dig and yesterday wrapped up SteamWorld Heist. I'm not usually a fan of turn based games but it was an enjoyable enough play. It was a rare game that I played handheld. It wasn't until almost the end that I realised you could just tap on enemies to aim at that instead of trying to do it manually. So many missed shots that could have been avoided.

One definite downside is that while there were lots of characters to pick from, levelling them up to be as good as your main 2-4 seemed way too much effort so I just ignored them and didn't get to experience their play style. The new game plus mode would alleviate that in a way, but I really don't feel the need to replay the game.

This series rules. Don't forget Steamworld Quest if you want more of that world.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

External Organs posted:

I demand a new steamworld game!

Good news, there are uhhh... 3 in development!

Sorry for the double post.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Man I need a new Switch to come out. My release Switch's fan grinds like crazy and I have to spend 5 minutes waggling the whole console around to get the fan into a spot where it's not making weird noises. It's time!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

No I appreciate it, but I already did surgery in the past on the controllers, I'm done with that. I just need a Super Swiitch U asap.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Speaking of rushed, I'll never forgive this generation for what they did to Mario Strikers.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I played Disco Elysium and Pentiment back-to-back and it was glorious.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Lemony posted:

If I don't intend to do any online multiplayer, just local, are either Splatoon 3 or Mario Strikers worth picking up? I see Strikers has a lot of poor reviews. I played a fair bit of Strikers Charged and loved it, what changes did they make that made it supposedly worse?

I was a huge fan of prior Strikers games and this one was awful.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Looks like I'll be playing Pentiment again!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Did that person really say they were glad about their kids pneumonia.

What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I liked Build, I was sad to see it didn't do too well. Hoping Heist 2 blows it out of the water again.