Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

we have a chat channel going on discord to swap hints, tricks, and such for solving this year's "no nut november" puzzles, being careful to use spoiler tags for anything that is too much of a giveaway. as always, let me know if you'd like access to the discord! but I think it's also a good idea to have a thread here where people can do the same. those who want to avoid spoilers can be extra sure not to have anything spoiled by not reading the thread.

still, even in this thread, please be courteous and use spoiler tags for anything that simply states the solution or gives a big hint!

e: here's a link to last year's main thread for context

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3948371

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

regarding the first soarsquare puzzle, biosterous gave the following somewhat oblique hint:

summon your inner journalist, and investigate the who-what-where-when-why-how of the popup. it's always good to get a quote right from the source if you can

I followed up with a somewhat more direct hint:

maybe something happened at that date and time but not on soarsquare

Manifisto

Escape From Noise posted:

I want to try but I can never figure things out without being basically given the answer.

have you solved the first puzzle?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

I have included a link in the op that will hopefully clarify what we're talking about!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Escape From Noise posted:

Ohhhhh! I don't have archives so nvm

it should be possible, though a bit less convenient, to solve this without plat or archives.

showing only posts by a given user in a given thread is simply a matter of editing the url, find out the poster's id number and change the "userid=0" to be that number

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

I can't promise much better this year :(

fortunately there is plenty of time to catch up!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

NumptyScrub posted:

Ok I got 1 and 3 fine but I am apparently utterly useless at day 2

How do I walked street?

part of the trick is figuring out which phrases are instructions - some of the instructions are kinda implicit

if there's any bit in particular that is giving you trouble feel free to post about it

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

you are on the right track

real spoiler: "If you aren't sure where to turn just remember to be kind, unwind" is an instruction even though it doesn't look like it

ty nesamdoom!