Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sometimes you want nuance and complexity, and sometime you want a tree filled with so many evil souls that it starts cackling maniacally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I assume guides were killed by the bullshit Prima FFIX book.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fandom.com just has absolutely terrible mobile pages.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are people not allowed to start Final Fantasy XIV accounts? I've been hearing it praised to high heavens lately, and I finally got my PC working again but I guess it's not happening.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh, well that's alright then.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My one question is, do you have to use the diagonals for Blitz now or can you still hit an adjacent cardinal and have it work?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm gonna shoot so many hadokens

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does Tidus, at any point, actually tell anyone his name? With the whole 'faking amnesia due to Sin's Toxin' thing, the others might assume he doesn't remember his name either.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm a lunatic who decided to grind out the Paladin shield when I was playing the GBA version. I recommend doing it on the Solitary Island because the monsters there have Elixers and Megaelixers as rare steals

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
From what I remember part of the original hubbub was because Tencent had just bought a 40% stake in Epic and there was this vague "the Chinese are going to ruin our video games" hysteria going on. Do people still get upset about Tencent?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't like everything Nomura gets up to but I can respect his general principal of "every time someone complained about belts and zippers, I'd add more belts and zippers". Also I still adore The World Ends With You and its one my favorite things he worked on.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
He was the first person to get the Magic infusion treatment.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think you can leave once you get there, once you get to about halfway

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This might have actually been the original final dungeon, Final Fantasy VI wasn't planned to have two halves, but it was actually progressing ahead of schedule when someone on the team went hey, what if they don’t beat Kefka in the nick of time, what if everything got super-hosed so they squeezed out enough time to rework the game from there.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I know you've largely been avoiding grinding/optional content but do you have Zona Seeker in your Esper collection? Its entire toolkit is helpful in this fight.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Schwarzwald posted:

Even thought you can save Cid, the scenario on the island feels like it's designed around him dying.

Yeah, he does Literally Nothing for the rest of the game if he lives. Doesn't even leave the island.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I was very curious if you waited for Shadow but I didn't dare ask just in case you hadn't

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's technically possible to finish the game with just Celes, Edgar and Setzer but it's not recommended for normal people

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The poll came out before Endwalker, so that might have skewed the numbers.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I would love to know what absurd memes are the in Japanese community :allears:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I never played the PSX version, the load times were hideous and I think the translated ROM was available around then. I did, however, play the *poo poo* out of the GBA version.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It deals water and wind damage!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

SeANMcBAY posted:

What’s the best way to play 6 these days for the first time, including snes hacks?

Honestly I think it's a personal preference thing, but I'd recommend the GBA version with a hack that fixes the music and palette, some people prefer the SNES translation but I like the modern one. Or the Pixel Remaster with a font that doesn't suck. The SNES version is also fine? They all have minor advantages and disadvantages but I don't think any of the three major versions is deeply superior or inferior to the other. Don't play the PS1 version the load times are like trying to drown yourself.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 13, 2022

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm mostly thinking from the angle of "close to the original" if it's for a first time playthrough, I don't know much about content mods/hacks or anything like that. Some people got real weird about the original translation.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yeah I don't think there's a bad option here, I don't really have an opinion on the PR yet because I haven't actually played it yet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

SettingSun posted:

I'm still wondering why it wasn't a simultaneous pc/console release.

To trick me into buying the mobile version first

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Don't all Al Bhed have the green swirly eyes? It's probably why they all wear goggles and Yuna, half Al Bhed, has heterochromia

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Rikku is 15 in FFX and I remember this because I was thirteen when the came game out, and I decided that this meant I had two more years and I would be cool enough to fight monsters.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Dissidia is one of those games that absolutely didn't need a story and they responded by giving the most story possible.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Do the mobile versions of the ff remasters support controllers or should I just wait for the Switch versions

No controller support

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

NikkolasKing posted:

I remember you can definitely do this with Junctions in VIII, but don't remember it being a thing for materia in VII.

Materia menu -> arrange -> exchange

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Kingdom Hearts: W/A/V/E is about what happens to Sora's parents on Destiny Island while the games take place, while Kingdom Hearts {particle} is the city management game where you play as the King Mickey's predecessor.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Your entire reason for existing in XIV is to Kill Gods.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Can't figure out the numbering.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I was young enough not to have solid memories of my first RPG, we owned a Nintendo with the first FF and DQ but I don't think either of them were played to completion. Watched my big sister beat Dragon Warrior IV though. Also my grandmother had a Super Nintendo and when we visited in the summer she's haul FFVI and Secret of Mana and Link to the Past and we'd play the poo poo out of them. So I consider FFVI my first Final Fantasy and I think it gave me unfair standards towards RPG party sizes for a while.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Replace the word "junction" with "equip" and that's, like, 60% of your problems solved right there. You can equip summons! They all have different abilities! Spells are consumable, and a GF will let you equip them to your stats. There.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPsjxUyOzXs

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's a FFXI LP currently in the works, that might be worth a look

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I always fail the day two sommelier mini game, my Snobbishment isn't high enough to correctly date the 2007 Gaja Barbaresco and the dinner party doesn't raise my Moxie enough to fake it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yugiri's English VA was murdered in 2015, and she got a new VA in 2017.