Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder how Lightning Returns would've reviewed in an alternate universe where it wasn't attached to FFXIII in any way because it is v good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

The Woolsey translation for FF6 is definitely flawed and inaccurate (and I'm sure Woolsey would be the first to agree on that!) but drat did he have some banger lines.

I'm glad we have multiple translations of all the early games now so we can choose our favorite parts of certain translations and insert them into the most accurate translations.

i'll stick with my fan translation that inserts ancient memes and swearing, thank you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's been too long since I played 4 to remember anything about him but I always assumed Edge was a popular character since he's a ninja

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've never been involved in any missile launches IRL but is it normal to have an error ratio you can crank up to 75%

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm replaying FFVIII and I forgot Edea joins the party for like 10 minutes, it would've been neat if she stayed

i mean do we really need irvine

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I did the trapezohedron grinding at a pretty low level using some strategy with Sazh and his summon but it was like 2010 so I don't remember how you do it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm near the end of my FFVIII replay and I had no idea this could happen in the Adel fight (linked for VIII spoilers I guess)

https://i.imgur.com/IGEemjk.mp4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe Seifer's chicken wuss thing makes more sense than I thought

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

Balthier definitely should've been aged up in FFXII. Dude's somehow this experienced, well-known sky pirate with a past as a Judge, which he must have gone through at least a year or two of training for even if he was just a rank-and-file normal Judge and he's only 21. He should be 31 instead, or like at least 28 or 29 or something.

The timeline makes perfect sense if you follow the rules of the Phoenix Wright universe where Franziska Von Karma became a prosecutor at 13

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dr Odine in FFVIII invented GFs which are causing memory loss/the weapon of mass destruction that is causing monsters to fall from the moon/the machine that's letting Ultimecia send her consciousness to the past but Laguna is just like "oh well, what can ya do"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

say what you like about kimahri but he's definitely the most blue mage

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sometimes I use scan to see how much HP a boss has

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

is esthar completely invisible to the world/is climbing into the void after getting the train to antarctica the standard entrance

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The mornings seem fine but my master plan the last couple of days was to start the login three hours before I finished work since that's how long it's been taking

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That chocobo gp game is actually looking pretty good

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1470680237335797763?t=nW-OEsuR6XR0yDzm6UdW8Q&s=19

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have not played FF1 but I have 100% absolute trust in Astos, King of the Dark Elves

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zidane/Vivi/Eiko are lalafell height imho

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

All the best moments involve my character, the warrior of light who is definitely stronger than any other FF protag despite being a white mage

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Sorry, must be my Mako poisoning acting up again

My posts are only bad because I got too close to Sin's toxin

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk I like those names

I'd take Triangle Strategy over Saltiron Chronicles or w/e

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it's possible but I followed a guide and still ended up at 99% somehow so it's not worth it imho

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope the Nintendo Direct tonight announces switch ports of these things

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why remake IX when VIII is right there

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know anything about XI but didn't they release a new story expansion a year or two back

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That feels like a v weird list, I wonder what the average age of a yahoo japan user is

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's time for Jack to visit Balamb Garden + fight NORG imho

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'd buy a new Theatrhythm but it seemed like Curtain Call already covered most of the tracks (except for the XIV selection which could probably have a whole game by itself)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Minor detail in Stranger of Paradise: great spinning in-place.

In Playstation 2-era games, the direction your character faces is generally a vector based on which way you press the stick + camera angle + character position. If you spin the stick around in circles quickly, the character spins really quickly in-place with the running animation. It looks silly.

In the PS3-era, and with some early outliers like Wind Waker, they introduced kinematic movement and animation. When Toon Link stands on the stairs perpendicular to them, the game engine does math so his feet actually land on seperate steps where his contemporaries would have one foot floating in the air and the other clipping through the stairs. Since then bones and kinematic animations have become standard. A weird result is that when you spin the stick as fast as possible in modern games, you don't spin anymore. The game wants to do math and make the character's animations smooth.

Nowadays I get weirded out by the way my dude turns a corner early in the game and end up spending a few minutes finding the sweet spot for being able to turn in-place as quickly as possible. Sometimes it's very different between clockwise and counter-clockwise spins. Sometimes it looks super goofy with the kinematics, but it's never as neat as in the DVD days. I remember being pretty happy with Breath Of the Wild's in-place spin after finding a good speed.

Jack's clockwise in-place spin is one of the best and quickest this generation. He goes absolutely nuts ducking his head in a circle. Counter-clockwise is nothing interesting.

I like this post and I'm happy for you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

will this tyranny never end...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's a hype beast

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There was a ronso guy in Luca I always liked to grab and I think Guadosalam had one or two decent players too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I probably would've played the weird FF7 battle royale they released a while back if they'd put it on consoles instead of being mobile exclusive

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you're doing a Final Fantasy clothing collab then let me wear the character's outfits (no baschs allowed)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

hopefully FF8R will show us Cid's investor pitch to NORG back when he was seeking funding for the garden

fushururu

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have I think like 250 of the cards in FFXIV and the most annoying rule is secretly plus

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FrostyPox posted:

Right now it's literally press attack, wait for bar to fill, character goes and punches/stabs/staffwhips(????) enemy

I have bad news about final fantasies 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk what voices you could cast that would fit Vivi/Quina

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The thing where X'ing through maechen's dialog locks you out of 100% probably trips most people up too

but actually people not using a guide are probably already doomed like 5 minutes into the game when they don't examine the moogle suit

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If there's a big focus on eikons is post game superboss dlc against my XIV warrior of light so much to ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would like to meet the doomtrain dominant please