Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

On the other hand, wasn’t the English release of FF7 also the first version that had those kind of really important scenes that explained Zack and Cloud’s relationship and Zack’s fate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Shadowlands did get a delay, actually

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The important question is:

Will we have more opportunities to embarrass Alphinaud in dialogue options than ever before?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Gologle posted:

So, Zeal literally being in FF14 now makes me think that the noise that drove the Amaurotine to extinction was, literally, actually, factually just Lavos, and either the next major patches after EW or the next expansion afterward will be us going full Chrono Trigger to beat it for good.

EDIT: But then again, Azys Lla was also Zeal, so who knows. I just want to Chrono Trigger in FF14

Azys Lla was FF6’s Floating Continent, actually, considering the Warring Triad and 6’s Ultima Weapon are bosses there.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

As much as a lot of Chrono Cross was a bunch of plots haphazardly slapped together, goddamn did it have one of the greatest game OSTs ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhXGgVLbz_M

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, 4JF probably isn’t great for a first playthrough, if only because you probably won’t be able to see even a fragment of the combos that you can pull off, like Blue Mage and Chemist shenanigans.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

WotL also includes cameo characters that are essentially one of your unique party members, but better. Like Balthier, who has Mustadio’s skills and Thief ones in one package.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

How dare they mix up the strategies between versions to keep things fresh!

I just remembered how FF4 DS had a cutscene right before the CPU boss where they tell you that you should totally kill the healing node first… except in that version, the attack one is basically guaranteed to two-shot your entire party.

Or how they turned Golbez in the dwarf castle into an actual threat, after you’d probably already spent something like 10 minutes on cutscenes and fighting Calcabrina.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/hossimu/status/1561078171566751746/photo/1

this is what happens after 20000 hours of blitzball

“Wakka… I realized something just now…”

“Yeah, brudda?”

“…You’re not half-Bhed.”

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It’s not even funny, man.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Gologle posted:

Do you have the ability to rename Cait Sith to Iscar Matthias in FF7R(ebirth)? This is very important to me, plz respond

You should be giving him the same name that you should be giving the rest of your party:

Sephiroth

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

HD DAD posted:

I liked that the devs implied the dating mechanic was being expanded. I assume this means there’s even more options now for the Gold Saucer escapade.

Like having the date with Barrett treated at least somewhat more seriously than in the original?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I just had an incredibly stupid idea that needs to be written down somewhere for posterity: an FF6 buddy-cop show, Sabin and Cyan

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I forget, how far in is the first boss that you can actually lose to in FF10?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

If Wakka was in charge of the group's finances he'd probably blow it all on the post-Luca match victory celebration.

I’d put at least even odds on him buying copies of The Protocols of the Elders of Al-Bhed to hand out like pamphlets

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So I figured I'd finally dust off FF3 Pixel, got a few hours in with a Warrior/Monk/Black/White party with no particular struggles...

Is there any sort of trick to the Salamander boss aside from "hope he doesn't use his AoE attack every single turn"? Been doing the obvious of spamming as many Ice attacks as I can on him, but he keeps beating me in the damage race.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I wound up just swapping my monk to Red Mage, and apparently the leveling I did while wandering around getting him spells was enough to push me over the edge.

How long is 3 Pixel, anyhow? I remember playing the DS version and taking quite a bit of time back in the day, but I’m already up to post-Water Crystal and I’m not even 10 hours in

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3577538&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Meanwhile XIV probably has something like half a dozen mini games that no one plays.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Happy 30th anniversary to FF6 :toot:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Man I wish I had gotten to play FF3 before 5, if only so I wasn’t constantly unconsciously comparing the two and seeing where 5 had improved over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And others got to experience… this.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jDksfmDiT-Y&pp=ygUlb25lIHdpbmdlZCBhbmdlbCBidXQgZXZlcnkgMiBtZWFzdXJlcw%3D%3D