Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Finished FF4 PR

Man, Lunar Subterranean sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Shadow Hearts = Shadow Hearts

Shadow Hearts = Koudelka

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I've never been involved in any missile launches IRL but is it normal to have an error ratio you can crank up to 75%

I always took it to be a spread ratio, for cluster /high explosive loads so you can gently caress up the target widespread.

But then again, the missiles curved and tried homing in on the garden anyhow

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Leal posted:

Does Faris still talk like a pirate?

No

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Look at these people with good jobs.

I'm suffering with Thief, RDM, Bard and Samurai

Not much however.

Zeninage and Romeos Ballad are really good.

So is Requiem

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Thief is really goddamn bad, tho

They should have fixed the steal formula

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Arist posted:

Only because of the Chicken Knife.

Pre Chicken Knife is just horrid.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

jokes posted:

Hiryu becomes Phoenix and Syldra becomes a summon, too.

What the gently caress was Syldra? Are there more of them out there? Is she related to Leviathan?

Syldra was... A true friend

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

gently caress Gil Turtle. My comp is Thief, Red Mage, Bard and Samurai.

I need the gil.

But I am getting hit through elven mantles, shiharadori and my offense is Requiem. I can only survive earthquake via aegis shield

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Sesq posted:

I made it all the way through once with one Knight covering three low health Bards through use of Blink, Image, and Golem. I've had worse luck attempting it a second time.

Precast Float before the fight to survive the Earthquake

Can't.

Breaks Fiesta rules.

I'll probably have to grind my gil elsewhere and skip the Cave

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Multi reflect cura only deals normal damage in PR,but I'll try to get float that way

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I also don't have dualcast in World 2.

Cause its 999 abp and after farming objet de arts for 2h I'm still 500 abp away.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Chicken Knifes effect in PR can't be bypassed via commands anymore, tho

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Mega64 posted:

On the other hand you can get two of them now with quicksave abuse unless they've patched that out already.

https://twitter.com/konarofu2/status/1458970843740995588

I'll try that!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Commands trigger the !Flee of the Chicken Knife in PR however, which makes it less useful than advertised.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Varied Haircolours.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Is now an okay time to start playing FF14, in this the year of our lord 2021? Are people still starting out on it and is it predicted that it’ll be supported for the foreseeable?

It's currently the most popular mmorpg, and by that I mean the new expansion is out, its stellar, and login queues go up to 7000 on the weekend prime times.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Don’t foresee this being an issue as I’m in the Merry Olde U.K. … These have been some glowing goonly words for FF14 - it sounds great and I think that I will probably get involved & buy a PS4 for it and Monster Hunter World. Haven’t played an MMO in many moons!

It's not a huge issue if you log in early or late enough.

Please Calm Down is located on Omega if you want to join a goon free company. Inquire more with me or other cool people from us.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Masamune - Made in Wutai

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Y-Burn

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Minotaurus Rex posted:

I bought a secondhand physical copy of ARR and the first 2 expansions for PS4? Have I bought it in the eyes of Squenix or no?

Aren't there CD keys? If they're used you bought install discs.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Haha oops well there are CD keys but as it’s secondhand I suppose they’ve likely been redeemed. I can’t really afford PSNow just yet anyway, so I’ll guess I’ll hold off for a bit. Hopefully they’ll be letting people back on by then

You don't need playstation plus to play ffxiv since it's subscription based

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Squall can also get permanently blinded cause it does nothing to his hit rate , as does poison(damage is negligible) except add to the danger level of triggering limit breaks. Debuffs are in your favor.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Why would you 100% X-2 to get the worst ending?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Those dudes were basically making the road by walking

Would you say endwalking?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not until later, when they re-add the cut content to each game as a paid DLC.

None of the content is any good, anyhow

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Frionnel posted:

Boooooooo

They decreased exp needed to level however.

In fact they reduced the grind in most PR

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Gologle posted:

A lot of people die for you in FF14, but because you are the strongest creature in existence you can't die for anyone else. The only thing that can kill you is biowarfare.

It's our Goku Heart Attack

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

emSparkly posted:

That reminds me that I really should watch Spirits Within one of these days. It can't be as bad as Kingsglaive.

No,it's actually worse

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Who is the bigger throat goat, Zell or Pandemona

Zell

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Headmaster Cid is a great man! The game told me so many times. Sure, it showed me the opposite every single time he was around, but you know.

If only this was a WRPG and I could have truly sided with NORG.

You can't backstab Robin Williams.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Quetzalcoatl gives card afaik.

Also Squall can be permanently blinded,it will get him to limit break more often since Squall can't miss even blinded

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

Same can't be said of Parasite Eve unfortunately.

What do you mean, there's only two Parasite Eve Games & they're good and have no time travel in them

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

They're all based on North Mythology

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

X JAKK posted:

The best part of trying to 100% first run FFX-2 is when the guide youre following forgets to tell you to stand on the certain screen for a certain amount of time otherwise it will become impossible to get the good ending for the quest HOOOOUURS LATER AAGGHH drat YOU

The good ending is the one where Tidus stays dead.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Personally I always took Mia to the Gold Saucer and not Zoe.

Yeah Zoe always dies even if Mia is a Bioterrorist, so Mia is the correct choice even if Zoe is cuter

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

FFIX had a lot of German regional accents for the characters. Cinna is forever Bavarian to me

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm being absolutely sincere when I ask, what does that imply for the character? Like, in English, it'd give the character a different feel to have, say, cockney accent vs a new York accent, and I'm just curious.

I mean in case for the Tantalus it gives them a thrown together group feel. And yeah,some of the German accents have different words and colloquialisms.

They definitely sound lower class compared to the standard German for sure

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 23, 2023

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I think Cinna was from Bavaria, Ruby from Saxony, Marcus is basically unchanged.
..I'm blanking on Blank and the Boss. One might have been Cologne and the other from Berlin.

I think the Italian localisation gives Marcus a German accent and some other characters Roman/Tuscany ones,too.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Isn't Tifa also like, just a name? Like there's also a Gundam character named Tifa.

Fraw Bow is also the name of a Gundam character