Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Just fyi, the link to the XIV spoiler thread is broken in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The best XIV husbando/waifu is my husbando/waifu. The worst is your husbando/waifu.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Don’t foresee this being an issue as I’m in the Merry Olde U.K. … These have been some glowing goonly words for FF14 - it sounds great and I think that I will probably get involved & buy a PS4 for it and Monster Hunter World. Haven’t played an MMO in many moons!

There's a goon guild on European servers that are cool, used to be part of them until I moved away. From their reports the EU login queues are similarly hammered.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Least he didn't look like the FF14 one....

14 just took 11's Cait Sith model FWIW :eng101:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Note that Jan 25th is when they'll allow people to start paying for it again. Free trials are still locked until further notice.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

None of the PRs have gone on sale yet have they? Was hoping for even a small discount with the current Steam sale but nada.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/AshenbubsHD/status/1488163232145625090?t=b5um9pyUKRN0vS1w8KmFwA&s=19

Hell yeah.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I guess so far there's been SoP dungeons inspired by 1 (duh), 3, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13 and 14? Looking forward to what the rest get.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

In FF1 PR, anyone know if Holy gibs undead like the Dia spells do?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The evil is defeated in 2D. Soon I will defeat him in 3D.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1500142849706262530

That's a really nice remix.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1500054136489865216

Spooky Crystal Tower theme remix too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/SOPFFO/status/1500395766161965057?s=20&t=lKn2AxRNIQ-BYvjkasJWAA

Looks like SoP's Flying Fortress is based off of Tower of Babil.

https://twitter.com/SOPFFO/status/1499331250233888771?s=20&t=lKn2AxRNIQ-BYvjkasJWAA

Western Keep is FF2's Palamecia Castle.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 6, 2022

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The only ones I remember seeing are Flying Fortress and Sunken Shrine, but it's been a while since I watched some of the trailers. So far I've seen rep for:
1 (duh - Chaos Shrine)
2 (Palamecia Castle - Western Keep)
3 (Crystal Tower - Crystal Mirage)
7 (Mako Reactor - Sunken Shrine)
11 (Delkfutt's Tower - Mirage Tower)
12 (Raithwall's Tomb - Shrine of Earth)
13 (Sunleth Waterscape - ??? The JP name can be translated as something like Light Distortion Waterscape)
14 (Satasha - Pravoka)
15 (Insomnia Castle - ???)

Rest are still MIA but I'm sure they'll show up. Maybe there'll be another tech-y area based on Ruins of Ronka? Or something from 8.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 6, 2022

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/SOPFFO/status/1500803450703159299?s=20&t=J7ACYCVNSNn9C_UArSu2TQ

Another SoP original location, though mostly looks based on Cavern of Ice, based on Mt Gagazet from X.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

Happy to report that I successfully KILLED CHAOS in the pixel remaster and am primed to do it again on the PS5. Its kinda funny, even with the speedy leveling and other QoL features the only two spots that were any real trouble were the Marsh Cave and Chaos fight, just like when I played the original all those years ago.

Will be interesting to see just how much of FF1 they keep. Like I know the underwater shrine is a mako reactor now but will I still need to buy a fairy's freedom from an ambiguous desert trader to get oxyale to get down there? Will I still need to feed a golem a delicious ruby? Will all my friends become bats? I can't wait to find out!

Wait poo poo what if Jack and gang are the 5 Lufenians who got turned into bats in the Chaos Shrine???

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/SOPFFO/status/1501165849729658881?s=20&t=hjZ6M33JsLWkQ8UPIHHKXA

FF9 repped by Evil Forest.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

DanielCross posted:

Did we get one for XV?

There was a JP promo livestream that showed off an Insomnia Castle zone so yes.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm going for PS4 because my PC is running out of SSD space and I cbf to set up an Epic account. My PC's stats are starting to get long in the tooth too so it'll probably be better performance.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

35th anniversary site

Not much yet, but we'll see if stuff gets announced in the following days.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/SOPFFO/status/1501513135169146880?s=20&t=5XzyH2VEB0ziImbI_OVCqw

Maybe it's pirates.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/siliconera/status/1501535858670944260

I am negative amounts of surprised TBH.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Onmi posted:

Sastasha is likely replacing the uh... Who's the Pirate boss before the boat? Bikke?

Bikke, yeah. In OG 1 you fight his crew in the middle of Praklova, but I guess they get a hideout in SoP.

Speaking of, demo is out on PS now, progress carries on to the full game.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sounds like it's going to be fun on my PS4 Slim.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Just PS and Xbox so far, no PC demo AFAIK.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I think it's just a regular demo with no time limit? At least that's my assumption.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Beat the first two levels, game doesn't look great on a PS4 Slim but it's fun enough that I don't really mind. I've mostly focused on Pugilist/Monk but do want to go back and try some Swordfighter/Mage to unlock Red Mage on the way to Tyrant. First boss was a lot harder for me than the second to be honest.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

PirateZim posted:

I played the PS5 demo last night in performance mode and while i didn't notice any sort of framerate loss or slowdown at any point, there was a noticeable amount of shadow flickering. I just got finished playing FF7r so most of my trouble was switching to the control scheme here.

Yeah, my muscle memory is struggling to learn the control scheme and fighting the MonHun World and Elden Ring control schemes. I'm surprised I managed to beat Garland at all.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Boy of Joy posted:

Loving the SoP demo, it’s just so fun to play. They def decreased the difficulty though, I breezed through all the levels for the most part on normal, although the Astos level boss killed me about a dozen times. Ronin job is dope as heck! Glad it looks much better than the demos (on PS5). I’m honestly considering doing my first playthrough on hard.

I'm probably just bad at soulslikes because Garland knocked me down a good 30+ times before I beat him with the power of my nakama. Bikke felt a lot easier in comparison.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lotus Aura posted:

I don't think it took me quite that long, but Garland was definitely the hardest fight for me too.

At this point, I've just been running through him real quick for free job level shards though. Once I got used to the timing, turns out Soul Shield, counters and spells utterly steamroll :v:

I pressed left and right on the dpad to tell Ash and Jed to go nuts and they shaved off like a quarter of Garland's healthbar. I felt dirty, like I was cheating and I should fight him without companions to show what a real angry man fights like.

I wonder what jobs if any they will add to DLC/SoP 2. There's a distinct lack of a couple of classics like Summoner or Ranger or Bard. Ranger would be pretty tricky I think, the combat system emphasises going into melee even for mages so I dunno how you'll do that for a bow job.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My napkin doodle idea for SMN in SoP is something like XI SMN, summon in a summon for a bar of MP, MP constantly drains as the summon is out, you can make it do abilities for more MP cost or its ultimate which desummons it, probably require BLM + RDM + something.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Imagine SoP Beastmaster/Bard where Jack draws in woodland animals via the power of song.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wait.

Dancer Jack. Please consider it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah I'm basically going through the job list and thinking "yeah this looks cool and I want to try playing it" to all of them.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finished the demo. That was pretty darn fun. Also looks like the story will be getting a bit of a remix too. Skipping Marsh Cave and going Wind Crystal first? Interesting choice. I'm gonna grind it out a bit more so that I have Tyrant prepped for launch day, maybe another tier 3 job too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I saw from a promo stream of the Marilith fight that Mt Gulg is based on FF8 but I'm not familiar enough with it to know specifically what it cribs from from that game. Also based on the soundtrack FF6's Floating Continent appears somewhere but I'm not sure what yet.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

5 hasn't been confirmed yet and 11 is Delkfutt's Tower.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I still think I could glue together a less 'first dungeon, gently caress it' list for reskinning FFI's world. Zeroing in on the ones where those are weird picks rather than 'well yeah the first dungeon is actually iconic'...

FF8: I stand by the Lunar Base for Flying Fortress, we can move the Tower of Babil down to be Mirage Tower.
FF9: Let's go for Oeilvert for Mt. Gulg; it gets us close to Mt. Gulug without being too obvious. This one actually gets hard because a lot of 9's areas would be too on the nose since 9 is already partially a 1 remix.
FF14: Aurum Vale for Marsh Cave. We're gonna make both FF1 and FF14 fans cry.

I haven't played 11 or 13, so I can't speak for if either of those are similarly 'weirdly early grab'.

I've got bad news for you: story itself gets a remix and Marsh Cave gets skipped. Wind Crystal is the first crystal too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Job R2s don't carry over so if you really like the feel of a base job or a tier 2 job over a tier 3 because of their R2 then that's probably why.

I've prepped my save so that I can unlock Tyrant at launch, so I think I'm done with the demo. Ronin is really fun and I'm warming up on Red Mage, but fist weapons are probably still my fave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

jokes posted:

Wonder if you’ll be able to fast switch between jobs in the middle of combat like in the shadowbringers trailer

Or, I guess, genshin impact

You can between the two you have equipped, yes. Not more than two though.