Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I have never ever done a rhythm game before ever and am struggling with earliest stages of the demo on the lowest setting. skill issue, as they say! I love the music tho and it sounds so great with headphones,is Final Bar for me or nah? in general, I am a gawky discoordinated mutant with no timing or wits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

PuttyKnife posted:

Those are just things that you can fix with practice. If you have the patience and interest, give it a go!

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Good news, rhythm games are entirely about practice. So if you're enjoying the demo and buy the full thing, you'll just straight up get better at the game and will eventually be clearing the highest difficulties and hardest songs if you stick with it

nice! thank you! it seems silly in hindsight but I didnt realize you practice a rhythm game until you get better. so I did! and now Im doing one button mode on Easy pretty deftly.... this thing seems fuckin dangerous! I cant imagine getting ANYTHING AT ALL done in a day if I mixed this with my headphones and just the smallest amount of thc.

uh, welcome to rhythm games, I guess :stare:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

GloomMouse posted:

The final boss in Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (shut up it's simple but good) takes more than the 9999 damage limit from Cure. He's not in the running for fastest kill but it's still funny

Hey! I will never shut up about how simple but good Mystic Quest is!

I am looking forward to the levels in Theatrhythm playing as Benjamin again :)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Does it have Battle Theme 1.x from XIV?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
good to know ty

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

No Dignity posted:

I shall respect the integrity of the diagonals and swipe intercardinally all the same

thank u

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Bruceski posted:

This brief shot in the intro landed harder than I expected it to.

yeah

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
nice!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
if it sounds to you like the Moogles are doing their own version of Making Christmas you'd be more or less correct, I feel

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Im in the middle of life stuff and cant swing a $100 purchase atm but I have over 10 hours in the demo and all my Final Fantasy dudes are Level 40. It's a lot of fun hearing everybody's takes!

FFXIV has SO MANY beloved and iconic music tracks for any sort of work, it's staggering. After I you guys said that Battle 1.x wasnt in, and the fact that we got two different versions of Y'shtola, I realized a lot of hard calls were going on that I wouldnt entirely jive with, so:

No Dignity posted:

I really would buy a season pass that is just all FF14 all the time to fill in the missing pieces

pls & ty

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
also certainly Im not the only one but I always thought the chorus of Through The Maelstrom has bigtime TV Party Tonight Black Flag energy and its one of the tracks Im excited to head for first when I bounce back to XIV after clearing Mystic Quest

swell ye seas of old, Leviathan, Leviathan~

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mr. Locke posted:

Onion Knight's stats outside Agility and Luck might be terrible, but his unique skill Sprint might make him one of the best fixer-upper characters for FMS levels- Super-Haste on top of a 50% reduction on requirements to trigger abilities make him a potent utility damage character with some scrolls and stat ups.

sick! I love obtuse Magikarp types. are there any more like that in the game? Im going all in on Bartz in the demo rn.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Unlucky7 posted:

Also, is Mystic Quest worth playing? Because these tracks kind of slap.

Just remember that it was designed to get kids aged 7 to 10 interested in the genre, so it's kind of front loaded with some fun introductory elements to grab ya. Even if you bounce after an hour or two or just the first story zone, it's a fun ride! Can't hurt!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Unlucky7 posted:

Forgive me for the offtopic, but is BD2 worth playing? I did not hear much good about it, at least at launch.

I disliked it at launch and sold it. now that some time had passed, I felt that I was being unfair, so I borrowed it from the library recently to give it an honest and sincere go. I went in with an open mind and gave it every chance and benefit of the doubt.. nope! still disliked it! 😬

its not bad by any means! it's just that the other two are so good! it's just, to me, a little too much squandered potential and sorta a waste of time when so many better Number Go Up games are out there now.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kheldarn posted:

Having never played BD or BS, I won't know what I'm missing whenever I finally get around to playing BD2.

Lucky me!

yeah! youre not wrong 👀

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
wasnt FF9 itself a throwback and a last hurrah of sorts? I am forgetting the details

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

OhFunny posted:

I'm liking what I've seen so far (26 minutes into the linked video) and there's this article from Eurogamer that discusses accessibility in regards to combat.

FFXVI has accessories that will do things like automate dodges, make all attacks be a single button input, automate commands to your dog companions, add extra timed button prompt for perfect dodges.

If you choose story-mode then some of these items in be equipped at the start. It seems reminiscent of Nier: Automata's easy mode only items that gave Auto-Evade, Fire, Attacks, etc effects.

I had automatically assumed this would be the case based off Nier. thank you for the confirmation :)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Harlock posted:

Final Fantasy II (0.2%)

what the gently caress

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Endorph posted:

otoh the ff8 info book says that seifer was based on nelson from the simpsons so i guess hes the greatest ff character

uh...

wow that rules

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
good for her!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

NikkolasKing posted:

Let's also not get into how the heroes are ultimately invaluable in dooming the world in most of the games and them saving the world is just them correcting their mistakes.

Final Fantasy 1 was 32 years ago, man! time to let go!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Chillgamesh posted:

Final Fantasy owns

:hmmyes:

Chillgamesh posted:

Final Fantasy sucks

:hmmno:

ok, so! which games in the franchise and spinoffs, spiritual whatevers, are best if I love the Job System in V? besides XIV and Bravely, of course. am I right in thinking X-2 has something like this with dresses?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I know Pixel Remasters on Switch are "Spring 2023" but how does Square-Enix announce hard release dates? should I look on social media or will they just release it on the eShop?

e: they mean Jun 21st, right? :ohdear:

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 10, 2023

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

PuttyKnife posted:

Dude complaining about Sony and Square talking up each other and y’all didn’t post this gem?

Some of y’all aren’t old rear end men, I guess. :magemage:

ah, yes,

a timeless love affair~

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Final Fantasy XVI is gonna rule regardless of what you call it

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

jokes posted:

The hero's journey? You mean the codification and retelling of the epic of gilgamesh for the last few thousand years?

It's all Gilgaverse baby

the only epic of Gilgamesh that matters to me is the battle theme that plays when u fight him (very epic fight song)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
FFXVI and FFXVII are gonna own

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

is he ok?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
it was spoken long ago, in hushed tones, in the glowing dim of reeking internet cafes and the LAN parties where God does not dwell, that the way you beat World of Warcraft is to speak its True Name and seize it:

you gank the name "Sephiroth" out from underneath everybody else and transform yourself into The Horniest Blood Elf

:worship:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
FF8 is Muppet Babies if all the Muppet Babies were child soldiers and were addicted to Blackjack

also, Nanny is the final boss, who loves you

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Agents are GO! posted:

That's both hilarious and perfectly in-character for Steiner.

yuuuup! I love Steiner

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

goethe.cx posted:

shadow the hedgehog is going to make a cameo and he's going to ask sephiroth what his loving problem is

:stare:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
GOD drat IT LET THE MAN gently caress

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

:argh:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Final Fantasy XVI is gonna rule

source: my son said so

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Asterite34 posted:

Because that's what I play Final Fantasy games for: a simple, straightforward story without any grandiose concepts. Real down-to-earth stuff, going all the way back to FF1

does Stranger of Paradise get into how Bahamut and the rest of the dragons are from outer space? lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Blockhouse posted:

no because the bahamut that appears in the SoP DLC is heavily implied to be the one from XV

drat, yeah, what a grounded, down to earth interpretation of the source material

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I hope theres a sword fight in mid-air in Final Fantasy XVI

thatd be so badass

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
catching up on the thread:

CottonWolf posted:

V is the best pre-PlayStation FF

indisputably correct

I said come in! posted:

I painted a miniature today of my son from FFIX.

owns, ty for posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Bravely Default 2's biggest sin is being 7/10

Im kind of glad we didnt get Bravely Third and that spoiler for the time being!