Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Help I started FFXII The Zodiac Age and it’s a huge improvement over the original and also owns, how do I stop myself from playing it every minute I’m not working?

Also, I have Basch as a monk, if I equip him with a shield does he not count as barehanded? I gave him the accessory that makes him punch harder and have the license ability plus a bunch of Battle Lore licenses so he is punching the poo poo out of every enemy and it rules.

Edit: I grinded a bunch of money and exp chaining skeletons in the Lhusu Mines and felt cocky so when I was in Dalmasca Westersand I tried to steal from Gnoma Entite and run away but it murdered my whole team :laugh: truly the quintessential FFXII experience.

Are the PC and Switch versions the same? I played it on PC a bit and never finished it, but playing handheld would be an absolute treat and it's on sale for $25 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HD DAD posted:

FFXII on Switch is one of the most fun FF experiences I’ve ever had.

Harrow posted:

Yep, they're both the Zodiac Age version. The PC version obviously has the ability to be modded unlike the Switch version and can run at a higher resolution/framerate but other than that they're the same.

Sold - glad to hear there are no exclusive features, as I liked what I played on PC.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Not sure what an ahegao weeb grunt is tbh

Same. I am only about 10 hours in so far, but the mannerisms and VA work are nailing the personalities I remember from the original.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Holy moly, please tell me I get to hear more of the squat mini game battle theme later on in FFVII Remake. It is so good.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HD DAD posted:

FFXII on Switch is one of the most fun FF experiences I’ve ever had.

I am only a handful of hours in but this checks out so far.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
There is a rumor a FFT Remaster is in the works, so here's hoping. Eidos Montreal was looking for playtesters and in the survey they specifically asked if the the applicant had played any FFT releases like War of the Lions, iOS/Android versions, FFTA, and FFTA2.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Electric Phantasm posted:

"Sorry about your rear end"

*Jessie slaps Wedge's bare rear end*

Wedge: "Now that was a gunshot"

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SettingSun posted:

For what it released on and when Xenoblade looked way better than it had any right to.

Definitely. It came out in 2010 on the Wii and I was shocked at the scope of the areas.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

It's Sabin's side-boob

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it should be a 100 percent faithful recreation imo

I'm going to obliterate Red XIII with a soccer ball

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Palmer getting smoked by a semi is going be be wild in the remake

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wasn't it just a delivery truck or a cube van or a small U-Haul or something?

I thought it was a full blown Shinra truck & trailer but it was decent sized in any case.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

I want more Wild Arms games so we can have more wild west running into sci fi, which has been sorely lacking for many years. Just ignore 4, that one's weird.

I am replaying Wild Arms 1 on PSP right now and agree with this 100%.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

You should absolutely play Alter Code F which cranks up both the wild west and sci fi themes to even greater heights, as well as WA3 which I feel is the best of the mainline games (that I've played to completion, I never did finish 5 though it was pretty good too).

I absolutely love 3, but never did get a chance to try Alter Code F. I’ll definitely give it a go, as my plan was to replay the series in order.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Same but aggressively.

FFVI pixel remaster can't come soon enough.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I am still dying to know what other scenes received opera treatment:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Small White Dragon posted:

We're in February now, there haven't been any updates about FF6PR, have there?

No and frankly I am quite upset

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Cleretic posted:

This is suspicious in such a promising way. You wouldn't release high-quality figures from a cult classic 90s game for nothing, surely? There's something else bringing this into attention?

The Nvidia GeForce leaks brought a FFT Remaster to light. Then there was a play test survey that went out around the same time asking questions related to a bunch of tactical games while specifically mentioning the FFT DS games, the PSX version, and the iOS/Android version. People thought it was weird the same game was mentioned so many times in a general survey, so here’s hoping.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Disappointing Pie posted:

It’s not FF but I’ve owned Octopath Traveler for a couple years but never put more than an hour into it. If I loved FFIV/VI would it be up my alley? The art style is lovely I’ve just heard so much bad crap that it kinda soured me on giving it a shot.

I think the biggest complaint is that the 8 stories don’t really intersect which was never really advertised but people were hoping for. Even the characters interacting with each other is limited. Otherwise the battle system is great (more like FF V with job classes/skills if you enjoyed that), the music absolutely slaps, and you already know how lovely the art is. I had a blast from start to finish but I can understand how it isn’t for everyone.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Gaius Marius posted:

Who wouldn't love le epic random meme octopus. Gonna make some fuckin motivational poster memes later and hit up 9gag

Yaaaouch! Bad post soup!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

taichara posted:

I bring more tidings of great joy for the VI crowd, your train will splat properly:

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1494350803624247300

Hell yes

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1494718603836284930

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Sherbert Hoover posted:

FF6 was always my favorite. When I first played it I was engrossed well beyond any other game I'd every played.

I tried replaying it a few years ago and couldn't get over how incredibly cheesy all the dialogue was.

Love me some cheesy dialog

~*swoon*~

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Levantine posted:

Holy poo poo! What an unexpected change.

That opening remix just hits me where it feels good.

Same. Can't wait to hear the rest of the music. That flute is clean as hell.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Digging the opera look

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1495820866696794112

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Barreft posted:

What time does FF6 open tmw?

Looks like 10 AM CST according to the Steam page.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna spam that goon that couldn't stand Ultros with Steam's hottest new emote:

Interceptor is also v cute.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Schwartzcough posted:

How could you forget:

Classic. I have this framed in my game room - though it's more sepia and looks like a well-read comic.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The standard chocobo plush already sold out... white mage or red mage chocobo though

Red mage, no contest. I mean look at those Victorian dress shirt ruffles and rad hat what more could you possibly want.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I would be down for an FF game in this style

https://youtu.be/QxI_9uaSN84

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Suspect responded with “…Whatever” to every question at the station.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jokes posted:

They made a third wild arms? And nobody stopped them?

Wild Arms 3 is very fun.

Also wow it is 20 years old now.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lmao just confirmed this

https://twitter.com/andspacey/status/1542347341474238468?s=21&t=_OFJuL6PkBHHasJ76_etEQ

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1545033719156654082?s=21&t=SRHJrlidPqpaS9PdbA0m-A

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Disappointing Pie posted:

What’s the best version of Final Fantasy Tactics? I have access to it on iPad, but I also have a steam deck I’d prefer to play on. I’ve read in the past something about a modded PSP version being best?

If you are willing to wait, I expect Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster to be announced before too long. It was part of the Nvidia leaks that have been coming true left and right. Tactics Ogre Reborn was part of the leak and comes out in a few months.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Barreft posted:

literally laughed at this when playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gH8LT8Bma4&t=15s

https://twitter.com/i/status/1249894432976957440

That's the actual voice actress

I have to watch the VA clip all the way through every time I see it. Very wholesome. That subtle music drop is so good.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Nyoro posted:

FINAL FANTASY IS GOOD AGAIN BAYBEE

alwayshasbeen.jpg

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I’ll answer that on behalf of everyone.

Searching for Friends

Just got to this part in FFVI PR last night and the remix slaps insanely hard.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Seems like the Crisis Core update is pretty solid:

https://youtu.be/DG_BX7_aUUs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

PRECISION SIC