Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
In the hit song "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies the singer mentions that he "has a history of losing my shirt."

What sort of situations have occurred where has lost his shirt do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

I don't recall the song, but maybe accidentally going in to the wrong locker room, pulling their shirt off, then running out and leaving it behind and writing it off after realizing their mistake?

One time, it might be potentially embarrassing but a funny story. If you have a history of it? Probably going on a list somewhere lol.

Escape From Noise

Lots of swimming in rivers

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
First he says he has a history of losing his shirt, then he says he has a history of taking off his shirt. I'm guessing these two things are related somehow

Zurtilik

I lost my MC Chris shirt when I got too drunk at a party once. So that's what I imagine is happening.

pecan

lmfao if u never take off ur shirt wave it round like a helicopter love you petey pablo

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
for some of us the question is not "how do you lose a shirt", but "how do you keep a shirt".

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

free Trapt CD posted:

for some of us the question is not "how do you lose a shirt", but "how do you keep a shirt".

-karl marx

idiotsavant
keep your friends close but keep your shirts closer, op

take the moon

by sebmojo
this dehydrated my kid self. joe :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8BFffUe_E

e: failry cringe tho

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

take the moon

by sebmojo
hes such a huge dick. hand me an egg please :) no

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Twenty Four posted:

One time, it might be potentially embarrassing but a funny story. If you have a history of it? Probably going on a list somewhere lol.

I do this week on week: at least 52 times per year.

And no list, I just get smiles and "oh you you're so funny stawp:.

Sometimes it's good to be the king.

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
I think that dude just really loves to party hard and in the heat of the moment, invariably loses his shirt. to add on to that however, he states that he has a history of losing his shirt which is a bit concerning as it could imply that he may have a substance abuse problem. i hope that, if that’s the case, he gets the help he needs.

namaste

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

its because canadians cant say “poo poo” so they say “shirt” which makes sense until you recall the “taking off my shirt” line which doesn’t translate well until you realize that canadians say “taking off my poo poo” instead of “losing my poo poo” and there you have it

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Jaguars!

I think it's something to do with the effect chicken has on him.

Bright Bart

I often lose my shirt because I always bet my shirt at the table whilst being really bad at poker.

I have a history of it, you could say.

Jaguars!

This thread inspired me to listen to Gordon again and it's really very good

google THIS

Did he lose different shirts or the same shirt multiple times? Because that makes a big difference, probably

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The "Yitzbin" song

alnilam

Twenty Four posted:

I don't recall the song, but maybe accidentally going in to the wrong locker room, pulling their shirt off, then running out and leaving it behind and writing it off after realizing their mistake?

The location of that locker room? Birchmont (sp?) stadium, perhaps better known as home of the Robbie

ty manifisto

alnilam

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The "Yitzbin" song

I always heard it as more of a Ritz bin, a large container for storing small buttery Nabisco crackers

ty manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

alnilam posted:

I always heard it as more of a Ritz bin, a large container for storing small buttery Nabisco crackers

You're a buttery nabisco cracker

alnilam

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

You're a buttery nabisco cracker

:pwn:

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

sometimes shirts just go rogue and leave, i had this happen like 15 times now

Escape From Noise

Ghosts And Ghouls posted:

sometimes shirts just go rogue and leave, i had this happen like 15 times now

Sounds like the shirts lost you.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 6, 2021

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I don't think I'm allowed to have a shirt today the cat has taken my one clean sweatshirt as a bed. It is laundry day.

Shirt status: lost

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

I keep having dreams where I walk around with no pants and don't realize until it's too late.

Maybe he is dreaming that he's losing his shirt and losing touch on reality and confusing dreams with reality :ohdear:

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Mummy Napkin
he also states that he’s the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral and implies that he’s gonna kill you. obviously unhinged and threatening shirt or no shirt

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Randy Bo-Bandy doesn't wear a shirt but he has a habit of losing his pants.

Escape From Noise

He lost his shirt already
Almost bare nakedy

pecan

cashier: then you’re about to get a history of no service

Escape From Noise

pecan posted:

Tyranny!

alexandriao

Twenty Four posted:

I don't recall the song,

Here you go https://youtu.be/8D-WVlRohQk

Jaguars!

I have a history of trying to lose my shirt and getting trapped by the cuff buttons.

google THIS

Ah, yes, thank you for finding my shirt. Did you find a mind along with it, by any chance? Like on the sleeve?

Zurtilik

pecan posted:

google THIS

Signing up for BNL-101: History of Losing My Shirt as a filler elective. Half the lectures the prof just puts Sailor Moon on, and you can turn your paper in one week late and it'll still be two days 'til he starts grading.

google THIS fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 7, 2021

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
the song in question is about gambling addiction OP. have u srsly never "lost your shirt" at the racetrack :confused:

Zurtilik

Areola Grande posted:

the song in question is about gambling addiction OP. have u srsly never "lost your shirt" at the racetrack :confused:

We like to pretend the racetrack is a fancy affair and if you lose your shirt you're definitely not gonna be able to keep betting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

The trick is to own two shirts so that even if you lose one you have another. Three might be even better but the "jury is still out" as they say in France.