Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jerkface posted:

It was mentioned either in a dev post or one of their lil youtube featurettes, but the 6 years was spent building the foundation (and loving around with the story/getting funding internally, etc) to create the CGI look they have in Arcane. If what they said is true, they should have the tools & assets to better quickly turn around content of this quality. Whether that is actually true remains to be seen if they can get other series out by next year or early 2023.

At this level of quality I honestly wouldn't mind it if they dropped a new series every other year, but given how league operates they'd probably want to drop stuff at least yearly to coincide with their world tournament.

Similar to the Love Death Robots episode "The Witness" watching the pilot for this show made me really curious how they pulled everything together on the technical side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Macaluso posted:

PLEASE no. I am begging Riot to abandon this before it starts. There's enough live action trash in the world.

If Arcane had been a live action show instead of animated, I probably would never have bothered even if the reviews were still as glowing

The recent Cowboy Bebop is a good example of how sometimes it's best not to go with a live action format.