Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I loved doing this last year so sign me up again.

Gift Preferences

Boardgames in general, here's my BGG profile which has my collection so you can see what kind of terrible nerd I am. Things which are great 2 player that I can play with my wife are great or I have a board game group which is good for anything but ideal if it was 5+ players.

General Location : UK :scotland: Happy to ship anywhere though.

Solemn Vow: I will never grinch someone.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Gift ordered and on it's way.

Also I'll sign up for a lightning round, I'll quote my previous message as it's still true.

Aramoro posted:

Gift Preferences

Boardgames in general, here's my BGG profile which has my collection so you can see what kind of terrible nerd I am. Things which are great 2 player that I can play with my wife are great or I have a board game group which is good for anything but ideal if it was 5+ players.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Drone posted:

I've not heard of Micro Macro Crime City but it looks neat as heck.

It's really neat. A fun co-op experience that's really hard to quarterback .

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Lightning Cheer deployed

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Santa is winging a gift away to it's destination now, for the main SS.

Also Amazon have 'delivered' something to me so I will go and find that in the village later on.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I ventured far and wide and with the aid of woodland animals I discovered a parcel for me from Amazon (at my neighbours house)

A gift from santa!

Everdell! It's an incredibly charming tableau builder. Now I know it's for Christmas but I tog I should check it works first

Huge thank you to my secret santa, its something I would not have purchased for myself but I was interested in.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Aramoro posted:

Gift Preferences

Boardgames in general, here's my BGG profile which has my collection so you can see what kind of terrible nerd I am. I know there are things on there which I do not say I own, those are things my friends own by in large. Things which are great 2 player that I can play with my wife are great or I have a board game group which is good for anything but ideal if it was 5+ players. But any player count is good. I'll play anything though really.

I've cleared my feet a bit so I would be down for Lightning Round 2.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 1, 2021

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

One of Santa's helpers dropped by today and what's this?

A gift for me!

It's Mysterium Park! I love the Mysterium games, I have Mysterium, Obscurio, Dixit so I am super happy to get Mysterium Park! I'll be calling my friends and family bellends for not begin able to get my clues in no time.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 1, 2021

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

DigitalRaven posted:

Further cheer has arrived! And it's beautifully wrapped

I almost didn't want to open it, I wanted to stick it under a tree, wait for the snow to fall and the robins to sing and a dodgy fat bloke in a red suit to climb down my nonexistent chimney, as he takes a break from startling young children...

then I remembered I have no impulse control whatsoever.

Thank you so much, Santa! That's incredible, I'm blown away. I can't wait to get this on the table.

I really hope you enjoy this, I've heard very good things about it as a game. It looked like you liked scifi games and who doesn't love a bit of Dune.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

My Secret Santa came through with an amazing game I do not have that will go over great with my group!!
Thank you so drat much

https://imgur.com/a/i9WQM9t

Really hope you guys get into this. I saw you played a few dudes on a map games and this is a really good one of them. I don’t know what edition it is so all I would say is please check the Woodland Alliance board and see if it’s the updated one.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Santa has been once more!

Forgotten Circles for Gloomhaven!

I got gloomhaven during lockdown and I've been playing through it with my wife in the long cold evenings here so we are both absolutely delighted with this. Thank you.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Lighting gift deployed!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Once again I have cleared my feet so lets make Lightning Round 4 happen!

quote:

Gift Preferences

Boardgames in general, here's my BGG profile which has my collection so you can see what kind of terrible nerd I am. I know there are things on there which I do not say I own, those are things my friends own by in large. Things which are great 2 player that I can play with my wife are great or I have a board game group which is good for anything but ideal if it was 5+ players. But any player count is good. I'll play anything though really.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The postman came a knocking again.

Hive and 7 Wonders Duel! Two really excellent games to play with my wife. Thank you so much santa!

Just played a game of Hive and won thus proving its an excellent game.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

My lightning round gift is on a magical mystery tour.

I ordered the gift from a shop just 40 miles from my Santee, yesterday it got sent to the same city as its destination and was 3 short miles from its target. USPS then drove it 300 miles north, over 5 hours away. Its now left that place, destination unknown.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Aramoro posted:

My lightning round gift is on a magical mystery tour.

I ordered the gift from a shop just 40 miles from my Santee, yesterday it got sent to the same city as its destination and was 3 short miles from its target. USPS then drove it 300 miles north, over 5 hours away. Its now left that place, destination unknown.

Good news, the parcel has travelled 300 miles south back to where it started.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

My tracking has moved to delivered. Godspeed package that's been hucked at front door somewhere.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

I'm not familiar with this one, but looking at the back of the box has me excited to play, thanks Santagoon! :buddy:

Nice, this a great game, fun and doesn’t outstay its welcome.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

main round, or LR1?

LR2 I think.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ibntumart posted:

Status update on gifting: LR2 and LR3 orders have arrived and should be out by tomorrow afternoon.

Also, looks like a box of Christmas cheer got mixed into the pile of Fedex and UPS boxes on my porch the other night:

Thanks to Mr. Cohen for masking the address!

I actually refolded and set aside this wrapping paper because I liked it so much. What festive and uplifting gift could it have concealed?

Well, it’s only bloomin’ Cthulhu Christmas tidings! Surely the most blasphenous and eldritch joyous of holiday cheer.

Seriously this is definitely my jam and am looking forward to digging into the scenarios this weekend. This might be the five push needed for me to check out the 7th edition rule book. My thanks, mystery Santa!

I'm glad you like it, I was unsure about this one. I've heard good things about the adventures in this book. That copy looks a little beat up mind you. There's something else on its way to you at some point, just a silly thing.

I'm also glad it survived its 600 mile detour all over your state.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

LR4 gift deployed!

There's a chance half of it won't arrive in time because some companies don't believe in shipping estimates.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thegodofchuck posted:

Got two boxes!

Better "Wach" out, there's a spooky ghost!

It's two different Santa's! There's another part that's coming later.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thegodofchuck posted:

Thanks, I don't know which Santa!

That was from me if that helps tie up which santas are still in flight.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I received word a parcel arrived for me so I scoured the shire (my neighbours) and discovered this!

I've played this game before and it's great. I always love a game with wooden bits. This is going to go down very well in my Christmas nerding.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ibntumart posted:

A large bottle of a limited edition, highly-rated holiday Belgian ale! And potent,too, at 10% ABV. Thanks, Goon Santa #1! I am so looking forward to cracking this open after work today.

I did have a thought process behind this, what do you need to dig into some Mythos than a bit of Delerium. May the pink elephants guide you well.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

Hooray! I wanted to get you a weird boardgame and one that required blindfolds seemed pretty neat.

Nyctophobia is a really rad game, great choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Huge thanks to LF for running this and all the Santa's taking part. This is my second year doing it and it's always fun I think.