Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I wanna make someone's holiday merry.

Gift Preferences:
I love Chewbacca and Orks.
I recently moved into a house and my walls are in need of decorations
I paint miniatures but I think I've got enough of them unpainted already (I mean unless they're really fuckin weird), I'm getting into making terrain so any neat bits and bobs for that would be cool
I play RPGs and board games, so accessories for either would be fun.

Be creative, I tend to just buy any generally available stuff I want/need. Or if you've international send me something I can't find in the US.

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Still waiting on the last piece for Santee Prime but I want to get in on at least one of the lightning rounds.

Bucnasti posted:

Gift Preferences:
I paint miniatures but I think I've got enough of them unpainted already (I mean unless they're really fuckin weird), I'm getting into making terrain so any neat bits and bobs for that would be cool
I don't like beer or coffee and I don't eat sweets anymore

Be creative, I tend to just buy any generally available stuff I want/need. Or if you've international send me something I can't find in the US.

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Last component of Santee Primes gift has been delivered, I'll wrap it up and ship it off this weekend.

Lightning Round gift has been ordered but Amazon Global didn't have any gift options so I hope they enjoy getting a random package with no indication of what its for.

Is there going to be a lightning round 3?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Not including either of you, we have four people signed up for LR3. It will kick off either when we get at least 8, or on December 8th (one week after LR2 kicked off), whichever comes first.

e. The Bloop is all signed up, so we're at 5 now.

I don't know if I'm included in those numbers so just in case I want in the next round. I'll send another email as well.

Bucnasti posted:

Gift Preferences:

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Round 3 is (more than) full, so I guess :frogsiren:LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 4???:frogsiren:
We last had an actual round 4 in 2015, so that's pretty cool if there's still so much interest

Round 3 Holiday Cheer Deployed. Ready for Round 4.

Bucnasti posted:

Gift Preferences:

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I found a ramshackle box addressed to Big Mek Bucnasti on my doorstep today.

This was written on the side.

A very personal message from a fellow warboss was inside

I already hung the glyph on my office Mekshop wall.

This made my day, thank you Big Boss Kaptin Fishfood

Outgoing Holiday Cheer Status:
Santee Prime - Shipped - Expected Delivery End of Week
Lightning Round 2 - Shipped - Expected Delivery Dec 15
Lightning Round 2 - Ordered, Shipping Pending

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Aramoro posted:

Good news, the parcel has travelled 300 miles south back to where it started.

A couple years ago I sent a package to my friend in Austin from my local PO in Hollywood.
It spent 5 weeks shuttling back and forth between Austin->Hollywood->Atlanta->Omaha->Hollywood->Atlanta I contacted CS and the person on the phone was baffled.
It eventually just showed up on his doorstep despite saying it was still in transit back to me in Hollywood.

So hopefully your holiday cheer will not face the same fate.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

moths posted:

Just went to get something out of my car and found my favorite kind of adult product:

Oh poo poo!

It's the reimagined Noise Marine that I've literally drooled over - but could never justify buying! A perfect gift!

The note reads:
Merry Goonmas! I hope the Noise Marine is able to find a goo

If he will, Santa. I am sure he will.

Thanks!

That's a great gift, that mini is super fun to paint.

Also apparently the boxes say Not Children's Product because of some import taxes or something.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Benedict posted:

GIFTS RECEIVED

Amazing work santa. We have some tiki glasses, some wargames terrain, a game i do not own, a project kit, and not pictured some delicious biltong.

IGNORE THE BLURRY AREAS OF THE PHOTO THEY CERTAINLY DO NOT CONTAIN WORKS IN PROGRESS ON MY FILTHY WORKBENCH. that pixel magic eraser though eh? you would never know there was a giant project on either side of those gifts.

First up, lets get a close up of that terrain.

Not gonna lie, my brain threw a gear here. I was like "thats so damned familiar. its cool, but its also familiar. does someone i know have this piece of terrain? it looks hand made though.

Holy poo poo its a space invader. its a mother loving crashed space invader ship with wiring and poo poo sticking out. how cool is that.

I did not get closeups of the tiki glasses yet, between work, work on my santees gifts, and other things life has been extremely busy, but they were a lovely set of matched...im going to say zombie? glasses. they look like zombie glasses ( the drink not the undead)

Then we have classic love letter. great game, one of the most portable games on earth, and a great beer and pretzels game to keep on you at all times in case of spontaneous diner or bar gaming.

We have a massive piece of biltong that... honestly im not sure how it didnt get into the picture. Biltong is a South African dried meat, similar to jerky but closer to say, a salami or prosciutto. Its cured in big large pieces that you then later slice and this one is delicious.

Finally we have an arduino mega 2560 kit. This thing looks amazing, theres a solderless breadboard, sensors, lights, resistors, an lcd and a segmented display, a motor, a fan, a potentiometer, all the goodies needed to experiment and prototype simple board driven projects. going to have fun introducing my son to the world of programming with this one.

Bravo santee. Bravo. As always this group hits it out of the park

I'm so glad that you liked it all, and that it got there undamaged.
You said you needed terrain that wasn't gothic cathedrals so when I saw the Space Invader 3d model I knew it was perfect, it was lots of fun to paint and detail. I kinda wanted to keep it for myself, I'll just have to make another one I guess.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

LR4 ordered, waiting for shipping confirmation so count me in for round 5!

Bucnasti posted:

Gift Preferences:

Vow:
Grinchin' is for suckas

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Loxbourne posted:

More detail of the many crazy chance polyhedra here. Never seen a D14 or a D16 before. I wonder what uses them...

Thanks, anonymous Santagoon!

You are welcome! You wanted weird dice and obscure games, so I got you a somewhat obscure game that uses weird dice!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Rhjamiz posted:

A delivery arrived yesterday and went right into my freezer since I had errands to run. The Comfort and Joy Holiday Box.

But I'm pre-heating my oven as we speak. Thanks, Santa!

Hell yeah, I hope you enjoy them, the pretzels are good but the real magic is the Mustard and fancy salts that are included.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Please explain how you shipped frozen pretzels to someone, I am amazed

Shipped them direct in a gift box.

Leperflesh posted:

LR 5 is off!

And with that, there will be no more lightning rounds. Most gifts have already arrived, there's a ton in transit, and only a handful for which I have no information yet.

Gentle Check, please read:
If you haven't sent a gift yet, don't feel too bad: there's still time! But you are getting right down to the wire. The following SANTAS I don't have any info noted to indicate that you've sent anything yet. But I often have errors. If you're on this list erroneously, please let me know!

Lightning Rounds 1-4
Bucnasti (LR4)

LR 4 gift has been ordered but I haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

An enormous (but suspiciously lightweight) box showed up on my doorstep today.

Inside were two much smaller gift bags.

and within those were much smaller boxes...

and in those were some sweet pieces of terrain! Yay!
'

Thank you Ibntumart!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

LR4 shipped today
LR5 has been ordered but hadn’t shipped yet.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Santa DE-FUCKIN-LIVERED today

I heard a tippy tap from my front porch and found two boxes waiting for me.

The first one was from GreenBuckanear and contained this cool Chewbacca Mug and some terrain bits.

Super cool especially because I used to have a similar chewie bug that got broken during a move.

Opening the second box revealed this beautifully wrapped package, and very classy envelope.

It contained a cute little Christmas Life Day Porg card

Which opened up to this awesome pop-up Chewbacca inside.

But the actual gift...

A limited edition 35mm frame of Chewbacca from Empire, but not just any frame, the frame of Chewie looking slightly uncomfortable as Leia makes out with Luke!. SO RAD!

Thank you. ibntumart!

Then I left to go to a doctors appointment, and on the way out the driveway the mailman ran up with a mailing tube and I had to assure him that yes indeed I was the Bucnasti that the tube was addressed to.
I left the tube in the car and went to the doctors for a routine checkup.
Then got stuck in 3 loving hours or LA rush-hour traffic on the way home. It was miserable and I was very grumpy when I finally got back into the house, then I remembered the tube...

Prying it open I found this:

A Chewbacca gig poster, also from GreenBuckanear! I don't know if you were aware but I adore gig posters and this one is a piece of art.

Thank you to both my Santa's the force has been with me this Life Day.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

A box of random terrain bits showed up yesterday (which is exactly what I wanted) but there's no note so I don't know who sent them.

Thanks Anonymous Santa!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

rydiafan posted:

A package came, containing gifts from Bucnasti!

A Void Archon and a board game I'm unfamiliar with.

Ok, this looks cool. It's a many-vs-one game where the many are literally blindfolded and have to feel their way around the board to get by.

Thanks so much, Bucnasti! I just played in a Warmachine tournament yesterday where the lack of a void archon was sorely felt, so I'm assembling it and making room in my list ASAP. I'm also a huge fan of many vs one hidden move games (I own Scotland Yard, Fury of Dracula, and Garibaldi) and games with unique gimmicks/mechanics, so Nyctophobia is for sure hitting the table.

Hooray! I wanted to get you a weird boardgame and one that required blindfolds seemed pretty neat.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

sasha_d3ath posted:

Since Etsy grinched me via late shipping, I deployed a $25 (it wouldn't let me do $35, so sorry! :stonk:) Miniatures Market gift certificate to my santee and will now reveal myself to them in shame: @Bucnasti, I hope you get something awesome with your gift certificate and enjoy your Etsy order whenever it comes. I've included my email in the gift certificate, so if you want proof your Etsy gift is coming, email it and I'll send you the screenshot.

Thanks for a wonderful year gang. I'm struggling with the proper placement of my terrorgeist's ribs, a classic symptom of GW Miniature Design/Merriness Disorder, but he's gonna look so badass once it's built. Thanks again!

I got the email. Thank you sir! Think I might get some of these Turbodork paints that people keep talking about.

The Etsy order for my last Santee is also going to miss the deadline (my own fault for not realizing I was ordering from Canada) so I deployed my favorite holiday card with a consolation giftcard inside to my target.

Edit to add: This is been a wonderful experience this year. Really uplifted my holiday spirits

Thanks for doing all this work LF

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Finally got confirmation that my last (LR5) gift has shipped, it should be delivered next week.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Bloop posted:

nthing the great thanks to Leperflesh for the good work and my fellow thread goons for being cool as hell

I guess this was me because I got the card today :wave:

Really wasn't necessary to supplement the gift, I'm not impatient and I know how this stuff can be. My thanks, though, truly. And the card is great. I'll post a pic when I post the other bit.

I kind of like that I'll have one lingering gift after the day tbqh

It gave me an excuse to send somebody that card. :)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Yay! I'm so glad you liked them. That winged hippo looks great!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Oof. That sucks, but I got some cool paints with my MM Gift Certificate so it's all good.

The lesson this year is, Etsy is unreliable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Do the bases go to specific apes? Did the supplier have an image of how the bard was mounted to a base?

I love these and I can't wait to get to use them in a cool adventure

I hope that's helpful. They're all from Dragon Trappers Lodge