Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Always super fun to buy gifts for random internet weirdos!

Gift Preferences:
- Weird old/used stuff. I miss going to a FLGS with piles of crappy RPG books, bad board games, wargames with punch-out unit squares in a big plastic baggie, etc (there's nothing like this near me). So help me re-capture that magic via the power of gifts.
- Board or card games, especially ones I can play solo or with my wife.
- Fantasy or Sci-Fi books
- Handmade or local stuff.
- Likely way out of the price range but worth listing anyway: a copy of either Virgin Queen or Here I Stand

In the end, if there’s something you really enjoy and want to share, that's great (dongs ok too). Preference is for physical stuff rather than POD or digital, but I understand that the latter might be easier.

Pro-tip: if you order something from Amazon, use Amazon.de, not Amazon.nl. The former ships to the NL, and generally has a much wider range/is usually cheaper.

General Location: The Netherlands

Solemn Vow: I ain't no grinch!

Rid fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

LaSquida posted:

does anyone want to tell them what year it is

I am an idiot. Fixed!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

If there's still space, I'd like to sign up for the lightning round!

Rid posted:

Gift Preferences:
- Weird old/used stuff. I miss going to a FLGS with piles of crappy RPG books, bad board games, wargames with punch-out unit squares in a big plastic baggie, etc (there's nothing like this near me). So help me re-capture that magic via the power of gifts.
- Board or card games, especially ones I can play solo or with my wife.
- Fantasy or Sci-Fi books
- Handmade or local stuff.
- Likely way out of the price range but worth listing anyway: a copy of either Virgin Queen or Here I Stand

In the end, if there's something you really enjoy and want to share, that's great (dongs ok too). Preference is for physical stuff rather than POD or digital, but I understand that the latter might be easier.

Pro-tip: if you order something from Amazon, use Amazon.de, not Amazon.nl. The former ships to the NL, and generally has a much wider range/is usually cheaper.

General Location: The Netherlands

Solemn Vow: I ain't no grinch!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

potatocubed posted:

Yeah, I spent rather more than $35...

Honestly, that's one of the reasons why I enjoy this Secret Santa - if inspiration strikes, it is an excellent excuse for some largesse towards an internet rando. That's weirdly satisfying, I think. (And, if it doesn't, you often end up sending something fun anyway)

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Part 1 of main round ordered; it should arrive sometime around 13 December. Gift notes weren't possible, so if you receive a random package around then, it might be from me! Meanwhile, Part 2 will be shipped on Monday - need to pick up a few more things to fill out the box.

Finally, lightning round cheer has been deployed and is expected to impact on 2 December!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

DigitalRaven posted:

This is your lightning round #1 gift, and I'm very glad I got the right thing for you.

In related news: CHEER HAS ARRIVED!

This is brilliant, I've had my eye on it for a while now but never pulled the trigger. It arrived early enough that I could get a solo game in during my lunch break and I really like how it plays. Thank you, Santa!

Glad you like it! That's part 1 of 3 for the Lightning Round, so expect more coming in on Thursday (apparently).

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

DigitalRaven posted:

Yet further cheer has arrived! I'm guessing that it's the other elements to go with One Deck Dungeon, so they're all in the same shot.

An excellent book of solo games that I hadn't come across before, and some dongs! Excellent!

Let this be a lesson: sometimes, if you ask for dongs, you get them, and that's not always a bad thing

Glad that all parts of the Lightning Round gift has arrived now! The solo game book looked really cool, so I hope you enjoy it. And the dongs are a TGSS traditional now, since I sent you the same as part of a gift last year (IIRC). Regardless, happy Christmas!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Main Round gift Part 2 shipped this morning, and PostNL says it will be delivered late next week. Part 1, which seems to be taking its sweet time, should be arriving at some point the week after that.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

A pair of packages came on Saturday, just in time for Sinterklaas! The local inspector had a thorough check, and gave her mark of approval:

Inside were Codenames Duet, Odin's Ravens, and a very cool looking collection of zombie-themed solo adventures:

My wife and I already had a go with both games and really enjoyed them. So lots of thanks, Goon Santa!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Drone posted:

I can take credit for Codenames Duet and Odin's Ravens! The other one must have been a conveniently timed lightning round gift from another goon.

The Bloop posted:

The Z-Town is from me in the Lightning Round. I hope you have fun with it!

Another package is pending but looks to be delayed. At least you have other goodies to tide you over in the meantime.

Oops - sorry for mistakenly thinking the two were together. Regardless, thanks to you both! (And I look forward to the package that's still coming)

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Sion posted:

A box has arrived! The box contained a many thing and a brilliant short pamphlet about what the things are!

Holy poo poo! My desire for 'weird poo poo from other countries' has been extremely well serviced by this delivery! There's a fridge magnet that is now on the fridge, post cards, old games (including THE POWER GAME which has the classiest photo on the back) a 'learn to speak Dutch' game, a jigsaw, beermats, some licorice candy which - hooboy that's salty - and the letter S made of dark chocolate.

Alas, I don't think the mug survived the journey, but the face part of it did and I will keep that. Maybe put it in some kind of resin, to memorialize it.

Anyway, thank you mysterious stranger for this weird box of stuff!

Oh no - I'm sorry that the mug didn't make it :( Still, I'm glad that you like the rest! I was very happy to share some Tilburg/Dutch weirdness! There's a second package coming soon, but I hope that this stuff will tide you over until then.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Email says main round gift part 2 has been delivered. Here's hoping it isn't in a bush/bin somewhere near Santee's house...

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

A tall, mysterious package came yesterday evening:

Inside was Onitama - a super cool two player game!

My wife and I gave it a go and *really* enjoyed it. I expect it will get a lot of play over the next week. Thanks, Santa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

Benedict posted:

I have spoken with Sion. They apologize they received the second gift but forgot to post and are away from their pc for a week. They appreciated the gift and asked me to pass it along.

Oh good! I was worried that it had been 'delivered' into someone else's hands/a bin/random bush. Glad it arrived safe and sound.

Let me add to the thanking LF for running this.

Finally, merry Christmas everyone!

Rid fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 25, 2021