Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

Not likely to last two more weeks

They’ll probably finish the year at 8 or 9 wins which is miraculous given the roster on the offensive side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm starting to look forward to the Packers selling stock just because of how incredibly defensive the Packers fans get over it every single time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That’s kind of sad

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’ll probably finish the year at 8 or 9 wins which is miraculous given the roster on the offensive side.

A winning season would absolutely be amazing but I don't see it happening, there's just too many decent challengers left and too much lack of talent on the offense to get 4 more wins.

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s kind of sad

Don't sign your posts

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

A winning season would absolutely be amazing but I don't see it happening, there's just too many decent challengers left and too much lack of talent on the offense to get 4 more wins.

They’ve got the Jets, Dolphins, Philly, and 3 divisional games left. I can see them picking up 4 wins out of that group. Hell, they could beat Buffalo and Dallas and lose the rest.

Exciting times.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Starting tomorrow the Packers are going to sell 300,000 shares at $300 a piece. Packers "shares" cannot be sold or traded, doesn't appreciate in value and doesn't pay out any kind of dividend. 300,000 people are about to donate $90 million to an NFL team.

Can I get my share as a NFT?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

tbh packers fans deserve to get scammed, a panera bread coffee card has more monetary value than a fake share of a bad football team

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can’t really call it a scam if you get what you payed for

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Just move Green Bay already no one cares about the super bowls they won in the 16th century and it's embarrassing to give a suburb a NFL team

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
People bashing the Packers stock sale remind me of Elon Musk cultists for some reason in their arguments or something, it's like a mega "well actually". Nobody gives a poo poo that you think people are getting "scammed" and there's no "monetary value" or it's not an "investment".

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Good Will Hrunting posted:

People bashing the Packers stock sale remind me of Elon Musk cultists for some reason in their arguments or something, it's like a mega "well actually". Nobody gives a poo poo that you think people are getting "scammed" and there's no "monetary value" or it's not an "investment".

Yeah I can't believe people are talking about Packers stock instead of what Henry Ruggs did

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lol this is the type of chucklefuck that gives a 300 dollar donation to a billion dollar company

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Yes the weirdo cultists are the people NOT donating money to an NFL team

Yes

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Starting tomorrow the Packers are going to sell 300,000 shares at $300 a piece. Packers "shares" cannot be sold or traded, doesn't appreciate in value and doesn't pay out any kind of dividend. 300,000 people are about to donate $90 million to an NFL team.

but it does entitle you to help make ownership decisions for the team, yes?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

we're the cult lol

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah I can't believe people are talking about Packers stock instead of what Henry Ruggs did

This is much more entertaining than what Henry Ruggs did

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
If this was any team besides the Packers nobody would care lmao

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

DariusLikewise posted:

Lmao I love that you're still taking my post out of context what like 3 week later? hahahaha

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

No other team recognizes their fanbase is stupid enough to fall for it

Cope harder

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I think the people donating their money to an obscenely wealthy organization are more like the Elon cultists tbh.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I think you will find that we would also think just giving Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones 300 bucks is stupid

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Everyone who buys Packer shares should receive one clump of Aaron Rodgers holistic anti-covid clay

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lol at the guy who melts down any time the Packers are made fun of, melting down while also giving them money. Bwahahaha. . . LOl... And so on.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

No it would make the news regardless because it's really loving stupid and only morons could possibly fall for it. You've been spoon fed the narrative your entire life that the Packers are owned by the people of Green Bay when the shares have always been worthless and the money from them go into a giant trust fund for the board to spend on whatever they want. The franchise has been feasting off of idiots in Green Bay for the rights to go to an annual meeting.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

DariusLikewise posted:

Everyone who buys Packer shares should receive one clump of Aaron Rodgers holistic anti-covid clay

Already been chewed or

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Doltos posted:

No it would make the news regardless because it's really loving stupid and only morons could possibly fall for it. You've been spoon fed the narrative your entire life that the Packers are owned by the people of Green Bay when the shares have always been worthless and the money from them go into a giant trust fund for the board to spend on whatever they want. The franchise has been feasting off of idiots in Green Bay for the rights to go to an annual meeting.

Do you know how other stadiums have been funded lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I fully support meltdowns in the NV thread and hell we should have more of them

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Henry Ruggs should have self-reported the car accident imo, how come nobody has mentioned that?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

No other team recognizes their fanbase is stupid enough to fall for it

Cope harder
There are a lot of teams with PSLs much pricier than $300.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Henry Ruggs should have self-reported the car accident imo, how come nobody has mentioned that?

I’m new here, but this is a bad post, lol.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
PSLs represent something physical and can be sold or transfered for money.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Lmao I love that you're still taking my post out of context what like 3 week later? hahahaha

Lmao, hahahaha, yes, truly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So can the stocks. They in fact do both of those things.

I don’t know why you would but you can if you wanted

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Imagine defending PSLs. What a hill to die on.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, when St. Louis Rams PSL owners sued the league they got a whole 25% of what they paid back minus lawyer fees!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
PSL's are a dumb money grab but you can at least make that money back when you are selling your season tickets should you chose to. I don't know how much of a market there is for flipping fake Packers stock for a profit

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Do you know how other stadiums have been funded lol

Do teams usually sell worthless stocks to fund a stadium like a demented lemonade stand

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I feel like I can safely say both are extremely stupid and lmao that people fall for it

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Diva Cupcake posted:

There are a lot of teams with PSLs much pricier than $300.

Including the Packers

https://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/seat-license-fees-get-a-boost-is5kbd3-156076755.html/

Edit: I think I saw someone in this thread talking about how the team paid for an expansion on the South end of Lambeau? This is how they paid for it - by making the fans pay for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Imagine defending PSLs. What a hill to die on.

You're defending your right to buy a 300 dollar certificate that says Thank You For Being A Rube