Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Nodoze posted:

PSL's are a dumb money grab but you can at least make that money back when you are selling your season tickets should you chose to. I don't know how much of a market there is for flipping fake Packers stock for a profit

It is (and has historically been) very easy to lose a substantial amount of money on them. Orders of magnitude more than $300.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’ll print out a certificate that says “You own one packer stock” for any Packers fans that want to buy one and will do it for only $150. That’s a deal you can’t afford to pass up.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

You're defending your right to buy a 300 dollar certificate that says Thank You For Being A Rube

Lots of worse ways to blow 300 bucks

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Good Will Hrunting posted:

It is (and has historically been) very easy to lose a substantial amount of money on them. Orders of magnitude more than $300.

I can guarantee that you will lose $300 on every packers stock you buy.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
How does it feel to be poor?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

lol, pathetic

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

accelerating the cope I see

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t remember the forum melting down like this the last time these came up.

Well good will hunting is always melting down but still

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Packers shares were NFTs before NFTs

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
It did melt down like this. Much like the steel in Henry Ruggs car when he was driving very fast under the influence and killed someone.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

It did melt down like this. Much like the steel in Henry Ruggs car when he was driving very fast under the influence and killed someone.

You're a stupid douche bag

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Yikes.

Log off my guy

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Nodoze posted:

PSL's are a dumb money grab but you can at least make that money back when you are selling your season tickets should you chose to. I don't know how much of a market there is for flipping fake Packers stock for a profit

I remember articles describing people cashing out home equity to 'invest' in 49ers PSLs in Santa Clara.

I have a hunch that wasn't a great move.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

:chloe:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
if this were actually being used in place of taxpayer funding of stadiums sure great but it's an and thing not an or thing

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Take a break dude

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you can believe it, this is the second time they've broken the "How does it feel to be poor" line in response to people laughing at Packers stock.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

MJeff posted:

If you can believe it, this is the second time they've broken the "How does it feel to be poor" line in response to people laughing at Packers stock.

Not surprising.

As an aside; we can talk about the Packers stock and PSL's being a dumb con by teams, but don't lob personal insults at each other over it please

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Packers suck and I hope Aaron Rodgers quits when he realizes people hate him for non-football reasons now.

I mean, I still hate him in football too, though.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

poo poo they’re making fun of my team time to break make light of an unrelated horrible tragedy that’ll show them

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’ll print out a certificate that says “You own one packer stock” for any Packers fans that want to buy one and will do it for only $150. That’s a deal you can’t afford to pass up.

Screw that, fill in your name and we're all now owners.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

look at this rich coastal elite

so elite can't even post lmao

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Lots of worse ways to blow 300 bucks

I can't think of any.

Having it fall out a hole in your pocket?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

At another sixer for this poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad that guy cares about shady business practices and the victims of henry ruggs and didn't prove the opposite with two consecutive melty posts

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Legitimately, just spend that money on a signed jersey or something. You can hang it, like you can hang a stock paper, but it actually looks cooler and can be sold again.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
So are the 49ers already confirmed frauds, or will their status be confirmed tonight with another loss?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bought a bengal cart

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ready to watch OBJ go the gently caress off

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1460394956032462857

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Woozie66 posted:

Legitimately, just spend that money on a signed jersey or something. You can hang it, like you can hang a stock paper, but it actually looks cooler and can be sold again.

Also you can burn it to gain internet points.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Hughmoris posted:

So are the 49ers already confirmed frauds, or will their status be confirmed tonight with another loss?

You have to look good at some point in the past to be a fraud, and the 49ers really haven't this season. they only had one reasonably good game this year and it was against the Bears.

Even if they had been good at some point, getting blown out by the Colt McCoy Cardinals ain't something you can come back from just like that. That is just horrible

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Van Jefferson will have more yards and catches than OBJ tonight :colbert:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
OBJ is returning punts tonight

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Solid meltdown everyone, I'm glad we did this

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
OBJ is washed garbage and he was probably only ever good because of scheme and eli.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Asproigerosis posted:

OBJ is washed garbage and he was probably only ever good because of scheme and eli.

:hai:

He might have a highlight or two left in him but he will never be consistently good again.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The money from fake packer stock (latest scam sale) went into making the stadium less 100 years oldy

Why they couldn’t do that with the billions of income from tv I don’t know.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers stock is silly but every other team would jump at the opportunity to do the same thing and their fans would buy em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hell, my Dad's been watching the NFL for 60 years so I'm honestly contemplating buying him Packers stock as a novelty Christmas gift. Of course it's dumb but it's not more dumb than buying a jersey or anything else with a NFL logo on it.