Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

wilderthanmild posted:

Back in the stupid no celebration era I remember someone scoring, then just putting the ball down and running to the bench, ignoring high fiving team mates, just to sit motionless and expressionless.

flagged for showing up the refs

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't even necessarily have a problem with taunting if the games were called in any way predictably, let alone fairly. Everything they released prior to the season was talking about players approaching their direct opponent and doing something in their face. Apparently in this specific occasion that translated to an entire bench on the opposite side of the official, who couldn't see what was happening.

Even if the player was doing exactly what the official said he was doing you could throw that flag a couple dozen times in any NFL game by that standard. It's idiotic. Meanwhile I've seen plenty of examples on both sides of the same game of people doing explicitly what the NFL highlighted in the off-season and not receiving any sort of penalty.

I don't know, it just it seems like the NFL is incredibly overlegislated. They've regularly shown that they can't coherently enforce objective rules, So why are we adding subjective rules and making them the most punitive punishments available.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1458118474828550155

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Look if you go into a sweet round house kick after getting a sack you get to stare down anyone you want.

Belichick at it again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Get your posting warm ups done, gonna be a doozy I bet

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1458119380429066244

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Watch the AFC championship be Pats vs Steelers

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

D'importance of being D'Ernest.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Get your posting warm ups done, gonna be a doozy I bet

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1458119380429066244

My body is ready and my mind is open.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If he walks the crazy back I’m gonna be pissed.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My old crusty bones are ready to learn some newfangled knowledge

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Taunting is definitely not to be encouraged. It's not a useful or good thing. I understand wanting to keep it to a minimum. If I had a child, I would not encourage them to style on their defeated opponent.

At the same time, what the gently caress. This poo poo has gone way too far in terms of selective enforcement. Subjectivity becomes an excuse for every kind of evil nonsense. Like loitering laws.

I guess they have to make clear guidelines. "If a player, within 3 feet of an opposing player, faces that opposing player directly and, through body language or speech, styles on him, then that is a foul."

Or maybe just loving stop.

It would be fun to read a defining of "styles on him" though.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Excited to hear Aaron's latest findings and thoughts after consulting his local shaman

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Larch posted:

Taunting is definitely not to be encouraged. It's not a useful or good thing. I understand wanting to keep it to a minimum. If I had a child, I would not encourage them to style on their defeated opponent.

Sorry grandpa but celebrating is awesome and I am extremely concerned that taunting is more of a priority than watching grown men try to kill each other.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hey Cassius Marsh, I remember that name...

Oh yeah that guy!!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's worth stating that taunting has one of the most severe penalties in football. You get ejected for a second occurrence and it's 15 yards. Saying something mean to a person is punished exactly as severely as launching helmet first into them and that just does not make sense to me.

It's so stupid on every level. I doubt even the fuddy people who dislike celebrations actually like this rule because I'm sure they can think of occasions where it hosed whatever team they root for.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sorry grandpa but celebrating is awesome and I am extremely concerned that taunting is more of a priority than watching grown men try to kill each other.

Taunting and celebrating arent the same thing. Taunting like inciteful stuff should be flagged maybe not always a 15 yarder though. But celebrating like being jazzed about a play should be allowed. I want players and teams with personalities not all the exact same.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Larch posted:

At the same time, what the gently caress. This poo poo has gone way too far in terms of selective enforcement. Subjectivity becomes an excuse for every kind of evil nonsense. Like loitering laws.

I guess they have to make clear guidelines. "If a player, within 3 feet of an opposing player, faces that opposing player directly and, through body language or speech, styles on him, then that is a foul."

Or maybe just loving stop.

It would be fun to read a defining of "styles on him" though.

Hey hate to break this to you but you typed this in the Awful App by mistake, Nextdoor is the one with the green N

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

seiferguy posted:

Hey Cassius Marsh, I remember that name...

Oh yeah that guy!!

This is the dude that plays MTG and posts about it right?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like taunting needs a much higher threshold to be called tbh

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Look the children need to maintain some composure after giving another child head trauma

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Aaron should spend the whole time talking about how Kennedy was shot by Oswald, but it was the secret service agent doing the world's biggest whoopsie daisy for the headshot.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
shut the gently caress up larch

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yeah, back when he was with the Seahawks, someone stole his MTG cards that were worth a lot of money. I think they got returned at least.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yep. Had a deck stolen from his car when he was playing in Seattle.

E. Cmon seiferguy

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Hola, amigos. What's up? I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but I been stressin' like a Hessian over the amount of poo poo going on. First off...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Hola, amigos. What's up? I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but I been stressin' like a Hessian over the amount of poo poo going on. First off...

Before I start, be sure to hit the like and subscribe button!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol.

It's a stupid rule, it shouldn't exist. If -for some reason- you had to keep it just don't make it game defining. if you make the first occurrence 5 yd, no automatic first down (cuz let's be real they hardly ever actually call these rules on the offense), and a warning for ejection hardly anyone would care.

Edit: honestly this isn't a good look for Pat either. If this guy is supposedly your friend maybe stop giving him a venue to hang himself on every week.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 9, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shirts and skins posted:

Hey hate to break this to you but you typed this in the Awful App by mistake, Nextdoor is the one with the green N
lmao

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

He looks like he should be next to Gary Oldman from True Romance.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dubious posted:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not familiar with McAfee but is he good or chud

I know he fell out with Barstool so that raises points but

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1458122477922566145?t=RRAPM6ocf45QB3Qq60mvzg&s=19

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Dubious posted:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pat seems largely apolitical to me. As far as I can tell dude only really likes money, edibles, and very standard sports takes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I was an adventurer like you until I took an arrow to the knee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dubious posted: