Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Discusting. Just count the wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
it'll correct itself after week 15 when everyone has the same denominator. right now bye weeks are fuckin with it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The cowardly bengals didn’t even play this weekend

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play with your speakers blasting

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1460249005284376579

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mr. Nice! posted:

5.5 out of 9 wins is a .611 winning record. 6 out of 10 is a .60.

get the hell outta here with your fancy math

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

This is killer

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

For a second I thought it was real and I was like hey he sounds like Eddie Murphy and then it clicked

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kalli posted:

Congrats to the Steelers for making playoff math super annoying going forward.

Nah, ties are a godsend for playoff maths Kalli. Any time you can remove an entire set of tie-breakers, the scenarios become far less daunting to analyze.

What makes a tie really annoying is it lowers the amount of RED ZONE CHAOS you could get on Week 18, especially in the 1pm slot.

Imagine Chris Hansen losing consciousness trying to describe the simultaneous events being shown in the octo-box, as 10 teams vie for 3 of the AFC division titles and the 3 wild card spots.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kalensc posted:

Nah, ties are a godsend for playoff maths Kalli. Any time you can remove an entire set of tie-breakers, the scenarios become far less daunting to analyze.

What makes a tie really annoying is it lowers the amount of RED ZONE CHAOS you could get on Week 18, especially in the 1pm slot.

Imagine Chris Hansen losing consciousness trying to describe the simultaneous events being shown in the octo-box, as 10 teams vie for 3 of the AFC division titles and the 3 wild card spots.

The obvious answer is every team needs a tie.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1460265193317883907?t=KF2MI-pr19tT8GBAzlUn3w&s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Aaron Jones just has a mild MCL sprain and is expected to miss a week or two. My guess is they hold him out until after the bye.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why would anyone want to see some high school football coach

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why would anyone want to see some high school football coach

All the players are his

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My condolences to St. Michael High School on your next couple losses.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Can I get a DADGUM

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Phobeste posted:

Discusting. Just count the wins

try and lose less maybe?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Coach Phillip Rivers: *throws hat down* "I can't believe it, now our backup QB is down! Where's our 3rd stringer!?"

Mrs. Rivers, surrounded by team of midwives: "HRNGH I'M WORKING ON IT YOU BASTARD I HATE YOU!"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Since Philip almost never swears I now picture Tiffany Rivers having the mouth of a longshoreman.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Najee Harris admitted he didn't know games could end in a tie

:mcnabb:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Since Philip almost never swears I now picture Tiffany Rivers having the mouth of a longshoreman.

This would rule

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Sean McVay should be given coach of the year this year for making the Superbowl with Jared Goff in 2019.

Nov 6, 2002

*STUMBLES INTO THREAD*

hey fellas can you believe this Najee guy lol!? egg on his face!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Being good enough to not have to bother to learn the rules of the game you are playing is both a real thing and also means he wins.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWTmk33jDVB/?utm_medium=copy_link

Rashan Gary said gently caress you Schefty lmao

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well this is unfortunate although expected.

I mean not like WFT was going to make any more noise than they did yesterday, but still that sucks for a good player.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1460307271649398785

Nov 6, 2002

Make everyone wear knee braces.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Well this is unfortunate although expected.

I mean not like WFT was going to make any more noise than they did yesterday, but still that sucks for a good player.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1460307271649398785

Sweat went on IR like last week as well. Not that their pass rush had been doing much of anything this year, but yeah.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

kalensc posted:

You're just reminding me that the NFL needs to bring back point differential as a major tiebreaker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ83nnODDjs

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 15, 2021

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Sean Payton Coach Of The Year for keeping this shambling corpse of a team above .500

Nov 6, 2002

Starting tomorrow the Packers are going to sell 300,000 shares at $300 a piece. Packers "shares" cannot be sold or traded, doesn't appreciate in value and doesn't pay out any kind of dividend. 300,000 people are about to donate $90 million to an NFL team.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
As opposed to people without $300 of disposable income to spend who would be hit in taxes to pay for a stadium, seems like a good deal for society imo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Starting tomorrow the Packers are going to sell 300,000 shares at $300 a piece. Packers "shares" cannot be sold or traded, doesn't appreciate in value and doesn't pay out any kind of dividend. 300,000 people are about to donate $90 million to an NFL team.

Are you like new to football.

Most of the time people don’t even get a choice

Nov 6, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

Are you like new to football.

Most of the time people don’t even get a choice

That's kinda my point.

These people are volunteering their money.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

That's kinda my point.

These people are volunteering their money.

Good for them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How much money have you spent on jerseys and other NFL merch?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I was under the impression that the last time they did this, you actually did get to have a 0.0002% share of vote for stuff that gets put up for vote.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Way better than raising taxes to pay for the stadium upgrades, like every other team does.

Nov 6, 2002

Sure. Except the renovations to Lambeau were paid for with $309.5 million of taxpayer money.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

GD_American posted:

Sean Payton Coach Of The Year for keeping this shambling corpse of a team above .500

Not likely to last two more weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Sure. Except the renovations to Lambeau were paid for with $309.5 million of taxpayer money.

Yeah, that was the first major renovation of the stadium ever adding over 12k seats and a small part of that was paid for by stock sale. The team fully paid for the expansion of the south endzone and the atrium renovations. They'll do stock offerings for smaller additions, like this one is going to replace the video boards.