Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
If someone brings lame snacks like Coke instead of Mountain Dew the dm can punish them in game but it's unfair to punish the whole party.

If someone brings "coke" as a snack do whatever because everyone is ha ING a good time until it inevitably rubs out.

Paladins must stay in "lawful stupid" character at all times.

Thief and rogue characters are allowed to take one (1) bill from any single other player's wallet just once in a storyline. If caught everyone must sigh-smile saying "oh you...".

Verily I say unto you, the era of the sword and axe is nigh, the era of the wolf's blizzard. The Time of the White Chill and the White Light is nigh, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt: Tedd Deireádh, the Time of End. The world will die amidst frost and be reborn with the new sun. It will be reborn of Elder Blood, of Hen Ichaer, of the seed that has been sown. A seed which will not sprout but burst into flame.

No cursing or rude language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

Knights move in an L.

biosterous

if you roll doubles the dice explode and you can roll them again and add the total, but if you roll doubles again we explode your dice. you have to bring your own dice.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Crossboarding should be done out-of-character.
Crossbowing should only be done in-character.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
if you cast fireball then things will go wrong and party members will take damage

Buttchocks

You can always choose to fail a challenge regardless of what you rolled, especially if party members will take damage.

biosterous

during a skill check, you can take 20 if you are not limited by time and the consequences of a failure are trivial, you can take 10 if it's not a dangerous or stressful situation to do an average job for someone of your skill level, or you can take 5 if you just need a break to grab some water or something

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
If someone rolls percentage dice and they roll a 69, the last person to say "nice!" gets punched in the arm by everyone else and they have to make the next batch of Hot Pockets with their damaged arm while everyone mocks them

Twenty Four

House log book of rules, page 214:

Okay fine, Jerry, the rule is that surf boards work on land as well as water in this universe, but because it's a medieval fantasy setting they haven't been invented yet so it's kind of a moot point and no you can't have one.

Buttchocks

Myconids are reskinned as living shrunken apple-head dolls.

Bright Bart

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

If someone rolls percentage dice and they roll a 69, the last person to say "nice!" gets punched in the arm by everyone else and they have to make the next batch of Hot Pockets with their damaged arm while everyone mocks them

D&D is a sombre affair and it is discouraged to audibly laugh unless something [i]really[i] funny happens like a 69 is rolled or the pizza arrives and it's Jerry's dad divering it even though he practically begged you not to use Domino's for this exact reason.

They Might Be

If you grapple an enemy the dm grapples you in real life

google THIS

No one is to speak or react in any way when Billy says "You know another D that has 20?" (or 10, or 12, or whatever die was mentioned immediately before) Maybe he'll eventually get the hint and stop. I'd kick him out entirely but we are playing in his basement after all and it's by far the nicest basement out of any of our houses.

ErrorInvalidUser

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finally found the place where i should be living

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

If failing a save on catching a flying melee weapon one is allowed to attempt the feat irl to overrule the roll.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

DM house rule: just make up the skill check modifier, it's not like anyone else knows how to calculate it either

Bright Bart posted:

Knights move in an L.

lol

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Bright Bart

google THIS posted:

No one is to speak or react in any way when Billy says "You know another D that has 20?" (or 10, or 12, or whatever die was mentioned immediately before) Maybe he'll eventually get the hint and stop. I'd kick him out entirely but we are playing in his basement after all and it's by far the nicest basement out of any of our houses.

In recompense for the fact that Billy will never get the hint there is an NPC villager called William who can be beaten within an inch of his life with no reputation penalties. In fact in order to go on any quest the party is required to give him at least a few jabs and/or kicks.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 12, 2021

Bright Bart

No you can't go on a date with the cute innkeeper your charisma stat is abysmal and you failed your Int+Wisdom roll to come up with a witty line. They feel awkward around you and in fact are closing up early for the night just to get away from you.

Yes I know the game is supposed to be an escape from real life but there are limits.

Yes your -15 chsm handicap was assigned at random. No it has nothing to do with your acne or that Heather won't go to formal with you.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 12, 2021

Bright Bart

On that note whoever got highest marks on the most recent math quiz gets dibs on making a mage. Whoever benches the most in gym gets to be the champion. Dodgeball king or queen can call archer or huntress.

Whoever has kissed a girl or boy (with tongue!) gets to be party leader and +5 to all stats IF they tell us how it feels.

Buttchocks

It is taken as granted that the party has a rotating watch when camping, but you must explicitly state that you shake your boots out before putting them on in the morning.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bright Bart posted:

On that note whoever got highest marks on the most recent math quiz gets dibs on making a mage. Whoever benches the most in gym gets to be the champion. Dodgeball king or queen can call archer or huntress.

Whoever has kissed a girl or boy (with tongue!) gets to be party leader and +5 to all stats IF they tell us how it feels.

It's like sticking your tongue into a warm pile of mashed potatoes filled with barbed wire... what? She has braces!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
do not get too attached to npc party members

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
do not engage with the stained rei ayanami anime body pillow. it will be in the room but under no circumstances should you make eye contact with, be in the general proximity of, or otherwise acknowledge it

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
doubly so for the sexy benjamin "the thing" grimm pillow

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
and if my mom kicks us out because we can't stop farting after getting the gas station nachos i swear to god so no more farting!!!

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
No falling in love

Manifisto

for a bard to successfully cast a spell, they must play the first verse of wonderwall PERFECTLY on dave's guitar after taking a number of shots (or bong hits, dm's choice) equivalent to the level of the spell

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

The Hello Machine posted:

No falling in love

important: big tiddy goth gf's only. no manic dream pixie gf's at this time please

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER