Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

Cardi BYOB posted:

another one will deliver by ALTERNATIVE MEANS soon.

Sleigh?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I just sent out my package! PLZ DON'T BAN ME!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Shhhh! We told them he wasn't real! This is a surprise!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

A second gift has hit the systems.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
GIVE ME MY GIFTS AND GIVE THEM TO ME NOW!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Escape From Noise

Zurtilik posted:

GIVE ME MY GIFTS AND GIVE THEM TO ME NOW!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Please wait 7-10 business days for gift.

Zurtilik

My gift is in the hands of a skilled artisan! I can't rush perfection, sadly.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Getting ready to ship our package out this weekend, just gotta find some nice stationary for the little note!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Gramps

Secret Satan shopping was a great success and I found everything I had in mind so I hope my Santee is as pumped on what I got em as I am. Should be able to get it out the door and on the road in the next day or two.

WindmillSlayer

Can't wait to see what I get :)

FluffieDuckie

WindmillSlayer posted:

Can't wait to see what I get :)

The good news is anticipation is the best part of receiving a gift!

Goons Are Gifts

If you recently sent me an email and I somehow didn't respond yet, don't worry, it's not because I hate you but because somehow I've been kinda busy over here AND I COULDN'T EVEN GET MY CHRISTMAS CARDS DONE YET (:argh:) but be assured that I most probably did read your email and if I didn't scream at you back yet, consider your matter okay and fine or under construction!!

Especially those of you who realized the deadlines are coming up and you need some more time and you wrote a lot of words to seduce me to not ban you on the spot, bans will not happen at all if you tried to send something out somewhat in time and certainly not now either, so relax and get some gifts going!!

Also please remember to post itt if you do receive your gift, so I can cross you from my list and your Santa knows it all works out and the elves didn't steal all of it

Goons Are Gifts

By the way for that Christmas card project, since everyone who signed up was willing to get their address out into the wilderness by an insane stranger with a butt av on some internet forum, I'd consider you all willing to get some Christmas cheer from me personally, too! So I'll just send out cards to all addresses I got from you guys and delete them afterwards as promised.

If you do not wish to get a card, no problem, just poke me and I'll won't bug you

Stickers might be involved

Zurtilik

Don't ever erase my address GaG fill my mailbox with cards for all eternity.

Escape From Noise

I hope you're doing well GaG! I am hoping Satan directs my package straight and true!

How Wonderful!

I got an unmarked tin of delicious pralines in the mail today-- if that was from my BYOB secret santa, thank you, I love them. If it was from somebody else, well, these pralines still rule, come on over to my house, I've got plenty to share.

Escape From Noise

My secret Santa arrived today. Thanks Manifisto! I know who it is because he had to contact me about some stuff. I'm waiting until Christmas to open it! That's the right thing to do... right?

Escape From Noise

I sent my package on the 10th, estimated time is "about 2 weeks" so it just might get to my Santee on Christmas! But knowing how these things go, probably the week after.

Manifisto

Escape From Noise posted:

My secret Santa arrived today. Thanks Manifisto! I know who it is because he had to contact me about some stuff. I'm waiting until Christmas to open it! That's the right thing to do... right?

sweet, glad it got there! when you open it is entirely up to you, if you want to wait that's fine but if you'd rather open it now go ahead!

ty nesamdoom!

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Zurtilik posted:

Don't ever erase my address GaG fill my mailbox with cards for all eternity.

or for at least as long as postage is not prohibitive over here!

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Lock

OK so I have fully received all of my gifts from my Santa, FLUFFIEDUCKIE. And oh my god. Oh my GOD. Oh my god. I can't process this properly right now. I'll post with pics later. Just wanted to get this out here so that 1) her name can be safely removed from the naughty list and 2) oh my god.

Gramps

My secret santa haul has arrived from Japan! I got part yesterday and the rest landed today. I assume my Santa must be EFN (not sure who any other Japan orbs would be)? Edit:CORRECTION! My santa is LOCK! Thank you a mazillion times! Thanks a ton this is so cool! (not pictured: a VERY nice handwritten note on a postcard from Hiroshima)

Gramps fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 14, 2021

Lock

Gramps posted:

My secret santa haul has arrived from Japan! I got part yesterday and the rest landed today. I assume my Santa must be EFN (not sure who any other Japan orbs would be)? Edit:CORRECTION! My santa is LOCK! Thank you a mazillion times! Thanks a ton this is so cool! (not pictured: a VERY nice handwritten note on a postcard from Hiroshima)

Awesome!! I worry the music might not be for all tastes but hope some of it is up your alley.

But yeah, so, I noticed that there is something I wrote about on that postcard that is not in this picture...and it just so happens I saw a tin of said item in my kitchen the other day that I didn’t remember having there before...is there perhaps something I wrote about that wasn’t in the box? Because if so, I’ll fix that up!

Zurtilik

11 days left for my wonderful artisanial products to be crafted but a small amount of anxiety has begun to set in. Hopefully I won't have to issue a Santee IOU.

:ohdear:

Gramps

Lock posted:

Awesome!! I worry the music might not be for all tastes but hope some of it is up your alley.

But yeah, so, I noticed that there is something I wrote about on that postcard that is not in this picture...and it just so happens I saw a tin of said item in my kitchen the other day that I didn’t remember having there before...is there perhaps something I wrote about that wasn’t in the box? Because if so, I’ll fix that up!

Spices perhaps? I just reread the note and I don't see em in the box

Lock

Gramps posted:

Spices perhaps? I just reread the note and I don't see em in the box

gaaaaah, I knew it.

Yup. Sorry about that! It’s a small tin so it won’t be expensive to send out on its own.

How Wonderful!

The eagle has left the building, but more saliently for this thread, I sent out my BYOB Secret Santa package. Now somebody tell where to post about finding my eagle..

How Wonderful!

Wow, we got our package from Escape From Noise and it so much stuff and all of it is beautiful!

Here's the entire spread! Bingo Bango used google lens to try and figure out what some of these things are:
-"corn pottage, crispy thunder god: rest assured, it's delicious"
-"Choco-Bar Japan: Black Thor"
-"Black Victory: Encouragement Snow"
-"God Flakes Flavor: Let the Snow of Victory Roar"
-"Gori Gori Gorilla Is Delicious"
-"Persimmon Seed Candy: Sea of Persimmons, High Speed Steel to the Middle"
-A big old tube of wasabi paste!!!!
-yuzu paste which I'm very excited to use
-green perilla which is new to me but very thrilling
-kabosu sudachi paste which is also brand new to me but sounds very good
-black sesame pudding mix, which I have loved in the past but never made at home!!
-dried sweet black soy beans
-a mysterious sachel of little colorful beans with stuff on 'em
-some kind of natto treat
-plus green apple hi-chew which is miraculous because I just turned the grocery store upside down earlier today looking for a pack

-and then some green tea which I showed to my tea expert friend and she seemed extremely enthusiastic

He was here because he could tell we were dealing with food.

Meanwhile we freed nut and his brother and his son

Finally this very cute tin which had MORE candy inside

And two outrageously beautiful tea-cups from Kyoto!!!

Thank you so much EFN! All of this stuff was insanely cool and I can't wait to make use of the condiments and try out all the sweets, Nut is already hanging out with my keys and will be by my side forever unless I lose my keys!!!

Bingo Bango

Thank you Escape From Noise!! I apologize for Google Lens' not being a reliable translator. Also, here's Nut in action, now keeping me company at work.

more falafel please

forums poster

Bingo Bango posted:

Thank you Escape From Noise!! I apologize for Google Lens' not being a reliable translator. Also, here's Nut in action, now keeping me company at work.

looks like nut is keeping up with the cardassians!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

more falafel please

forums poster

i put my package in the mail today, it doesn't need to go far and is estimated to get to my santee this friday!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Bingo Bango

The Gul must avert his eyes from Nut's brazenness

FluffieDuckie

Foods look excellent!

alnilam

more falafel please posted:

looks like nut is keeping up with the cardassians!

lol

alnilam

My package is on its way!! Thanks to recent events i couldn't find about half of what i wanted to send out so i improvised, hope it is well received, preëmptive :glomp: 2 my Santee and all yobbos

Zurtilik

I'm almost just as excited to see who my Santa is as I am to get a gift!

Derpies

by sebmojo
my ornaments get delivered tomorrow then it’s right to shippin!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

*freaks out about tracking numbers*

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

Thank you so much EFN! All of this stuff was insanely cool and I can't wait to make use of the condiments and try out all the sweets, Nut is already hanging out with my keys and will be by my side forever unless I lose my keys!!!

Bingo Bango posted:

I'm finally out of kitty jail and can post this all publicly! Yay! I'm really glad you both enjoyed it! I'm also pleasantly shocked it got to you so quickly! I only shipped it Friday here, so Thursday your time? Wild. Thos beans are actually sweet. It's a little weird, but that's kind of a traditional Japanese sweet!

As I mentioned in my message to you, I actually think it's pretty smart of you that you used Google lens! Not sure I would have been that smart!

Also I opened up my package from Manifisto and thanks so much!

What a haul!

I was actually just thinking about buying some jasmine tea before I got this package! Excellent!

Keeping it clean like a kitty!

I even got a fancy fountain pen even though I write like a child! Time to practice!

The box also had a bunch of wild Mexican candies and stuff. Thank you so much!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

you're very welcome! as I explained in the enclosed card, I wanted to include even more stuff (that I had actually purchased), but shipping was insane and I had to watch every gram. for example, that bottle of hot sauce was part of a trio of locally made sauces but there was no way I was going to be able to include the other two bottles. also the chili-infused chocolate bar was only one of several chocolate based things I had acquired (but I hope you find the chocolate bar itself delicious!). I have to say though, those mexican candies are something else, I did not try every variety I sent but for example that "pulparindo" tamarind candy is just an explosion of spicy, salty, sour and sweet all wrapped into one. anyway, hope you enjoy it friend!!

ty nesamdoom!