Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Manifisto posted:

you're very welcome! as I explained in the enclosed card, I wanted to include even more stuff (that I had actually purchased), but shipping was insane and I had to watch every gram. for example, that bottle of hot sauce was part of a trio of locally made sauces but there was no way I was going to be able to include the other two bottles. also the chili-infused chocolate bar was only one of several chocolate based things I had acquired (but I hope you find the chocolate bar itself delicious!). I have to say though, those mexican candies are something else, I did not try every variety I sent but for example that "pulparindo" tamarind candy is just an explosion of spicy, salty, sour and sweet all wrapped into one. anyway, hope you enjoy it friend!!

Yeah, international shipping adds up fast. No worries!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

As a huge fountain pen nerd myself, i am jealous of that pen

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Pulparindo rules, I can only eat a little bit at a time before the salt is too much but it tastes really good.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Great posted:

As a huge fountain pen nerd myself, i am jealous of that pen

alnilam

Message to my Santee: there are two additional parts of my gift that i will reveal when you get your package :iiam:

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dear Carlos Santana,

My santanee should have received a card in the mail but knowing the USPS (United Santana Parcel Secrets) the card will not arrive until Tuesday the 17th of Smarch, the day BYOB will be deleted according to our lord and savior, St. Jeffrey of YOSPOS, PBUH.

I have made a small donation, and will increase this donation monthly until my donation eclipses the sun with 10 x 10bux every month, in accordance with the prophecy, to the Frontierspersons of Medellin. I mean, Medicines. Something like that. They are doing the good works, and I have big love for them for their work in not only my adopted home country of Peru but also their work on the home front.

Additionally a small package of Santana's finest merchandise shall arrive slightly late, as I, an idiot, smonked of the devil's left handed jazz beepin cabbages and somehow hosed up my own address. Good. Great. Doing great, Carlos, please love me, PLEASE LOVE ME I WANT TO REPLACE ROB THOMAS IN YOUR HEART CARLOS PLEASE I LOVE YOU COME HOME

Derpies

by sebmojo
Ornaments arrived, shipping tomorrow. Was hoping today but my pre work drug test I had to take took loving forever and was demeaning as hell so I had to go home and sit.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gramps

My santee's good stuff is in the loving arms of United Parcel Service and should land on the 22nd or so. Very excited for them to receive their goodies. I had a lot of fun hunting around for just the right thing.

Gramps fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 16, 2021

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm sending something not digital and still hoping and praying for the digital to be done in time for beautiful Christmas!

FluffieDuckie

OMG OMG OMG SANTA CAME!!!

hang on I have to catch my breath

ok so the first thing you should know is How Wonderful was my Santee last year and I love her very much

so you can imagine my delight when I saw my box this morning and it had How Wonderful's name in the return address!!

and I'm so so excited because everything in the box rocks

FIRST was a beret in one of my favorite colors HANDMADE by Bingo Bango!!! Living in Cali I never owned a beret like this but I have to say I look fabulous in it and I can't wait to wear it Christmas Eve when we walk around the neighborhood looking at lights and freezing our butts off. Every year I say "why don't I buy warmer clothes??" So this is perfect and the fact that Bingo Bango made it AND they correctly guessed the right color is over the top.

Then there was a gorgeous mug made by a local craftsperson. As soon as I pulled it out of the box I knew I was in trouble bc my daughter was WOW I LIKE THAT. I tried to ward her off with a glare but I can tell the mug is in danger. But I like it too much to share it so if you hear a ruckus it's just a tussle over a mug in the duck house.

A BOOK which I'm totally reading today (after I get my breakfast because the package arrival interrupted my breakfast and if I don't eat soon I'm going to get cranky)

Vermont Hot Chocolate and Candies which I will likely inhale while I read my book.

Thank you so much How Wonderful and Bingo Bango!!! You nailed it and you made this duck very happy :love:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

Also I just totally doxxed myself because you can see my FOOT in that picture.

Manifisto

FluffieDuckie posted:

OMG OMG OMG SANTA CAME!!!

hang on I have to catch my breath

ok so the first thing you should know is How Wonderful was my Santee last year and I love her very much

so you can imagine my delight when I saw my box this morning and it had How Wonderful's name in the return address!!

and I'm so so excited because everything in the box rocks

FIRST was a beret in one of my favorite colors HANDMADE by Bingo Bango!!! Living in Cali I never owned a beret like this but I have to say I look fabulous in it and I can't wait to wear it Christmas Eve when we walk around the neighborhood looking at lights and freezing our butts off. Every year I say "why don't I buy warmer clothes??" So this is perfect and the fact that Bingo Bango made it AND they correctly guessed the right color is over the top.

Then there was a gorgeous mug made by a local craftsperson. As soon as I pulled it out of the box I knew I was in trouble bc my daughter was WOW I LIKE THAT. I tried to ward her off with a glare but I can tell the mug is in danger. But I like it too much to share it so if you hear a ruckus it's just a tussle over a mug in the duck house.

A BOOK which I'm totally reading today (after I get my breakfast because the package arrival interrupted my breakfast and if I don't eat soon I'm going to get cranky)

Vermont Hot Chocolate and Candies which I will likely inhale while I read my book.

Thank you so much How Wonderful and Bingo Bango!!! You nailed it and you made this duck very happy :love:

wow, great gifts, and we'll have to be satisfied by imagining you in the beret but you do indeed look fabulous in reconstruction!

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

Manifisto posted:

wow, great gifts, and we'll have to be satisfied by imagining you in the beret but you do indeed look fabulous in reconstruction!

Omg were you peeking in my window?

Manifisto

FluffieDuckie posted:

Omg were you peeking in my window?

I would never!! I am just uncannily good at reconstructions!!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I'm very glad, we actually spent some time agonizing over which color to pick but ultimately decided to synergize with the mug. I want to say that the candies and the hot chocolate are from one of my favorite places in Burlington, and literally every time I go downtown in the fall and winter I stop in and get a cup of hot chocolate. Also that if anyone remembers my thread about translating the weird moon novel from a little while ago, the book is by that guy-- I love him and I think he is extremely BYOB.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

FluffieDuckie

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm very glad, we actually spent some time agonizing over which color to pick but ultimately decided to synergize with the mug. I want to say that the candies and the hot chocolate are from one of my favorite places in Burlington, and literally every time I go downtown in the fall and winter I stop in and get a cup of hot chocolate. Also that if anyone remembers my thread about translating the weird moon novel from a little while ago, the book is by that guy-- I love him and I think he is extremely BYOB.

:glomp:

FluffieDuckie

I used the mug for my morning tea and it works! It held the tea like a champ.

But now that I know I’m supposed to wear my beret while using my mug I’m going all out next time.

more falafel please

forums poster

ooh I got my package today!

there's a Sasquatch tote bag, some native art on a window decal, and a sweet looking mug (the cat is saying HECK)

there's also a postcard (spoiler for mild :nws:)

there's no username though, so I don't know who to thank!

also I think you dropped your pen in the box but I'm going to pretend it was part of the gift, it's mine now

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Zurtilik

I got my gift!

My most generous Santa is More Falafel Please! and this rules. The frame feels so good and I got a nice wood smell opening and it's all very exciting. This picture is rad as heck and I'm gonna hang it in the near future where it will grace my wall for ages to come.

I'm gonna try these drinks tomorrow and give you a report.

Thank you so much Falafel! Yobbers are the best.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 17, 2021

biosterous

haha oh boy i am looking forward to the malort report

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Zurtilik

Most first-time drinkers of Jeppson Malört reject our liquor. Its strong, sharp taste is not for everyone. Our liquor is rugged and unrelenting (even brutal) to the palate. During almost 60 years of American distribution, we found only 1 out of 49 men will drink Jeppson Malört. During the lifetime of our founder, Carl Jeppson was apt to say, 'My Malört is produced for that unique group of drinkers who disdain light flavor or neutral spirits.' It is not possible to forget our two-fisted liquor. The taste just lingers and lasts – seemingly forever. The first shot is hard to swallow! Perservere [sic]. Make it past two 'shock-glasses' and with the third you could be ours... forever.

Sounds... Promising.

Finger Prince

more falafel please posted:

ooh I got my package today!

there's a Sasquatch tote bag, some native art on a window decal, and a sweet looking mug (the cat is saying HECK)

there's also a postcard (spoiler for mild :nws:)

there's no username though, so I don't know who to thank!

also I think you dropped your pen in the box but I'm going to pretend it was part of the gift, it's mine now

Hmm, maybe your secret Santa left a clue to their identity, on the butts postcard perhaps?

Escape From Noise

Zurtilik posted:

Most first-time drinkers of Jeppson Malört reject our liquor. Its strong, sharp taste is not for everyone. Our liquor is rugged and unrelenting (even brutal) to the palate. During almost 60 years of American distribution, we found only 1 out of 49 men will drink Jeppson Malört. During the lifetime of our founder, Carl Jeppson was apt to say, 'My Malört is produced for that unique group of drinkers who disdain light flavor or neutral spirits.' It is not possible to forget our two-fisted liquor. The taste just lingers and lasts – seemingly forever. The first shot is hard to swallow! Perservere [sic]. Make it past two 'shock-glasses' and with the third you could be ours... forever.

Sounds... Promising.

https://www.eater.com/drinks/2016/4/27/11148504/malort-liqueur-chicago-sommelier-new-york-city

Bingo Bango

FluffieDuckie posted:

I figured I couldn't lose with fluffy yarn for FluffieDuckie! Bonus yarn facts: it's vintage wool from Norway that I inherited from a stash of my grandmother's yarn. The yarn is probably from the mid 80s? Anyway, I lovingly washed it and whipped up a hat for you while thinking chill thoughts, so it should also be good for protecting you from psychic damage (in addition to keeping your noggin warm)

Escape From Noise

Man. I actually really love this whole thing so much. I really enjoy getting stuff for other posters and seeing what they got. Nobody ever slacks off and it's actually really neat to experience as a whole.

Edit: Thanks again GaG for getting this organizatized once more!

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Hmm, maybe your secret Santa left a clue to their identity, on the butts postcard perhaps?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumpology

FluffieDuckie

Bingo Bango posted:

I figured I couldn't lose with fluffy yarn for FluffieDuckie! Bonus yarn facts: it's vintage wool from Norway that I inherited from a stash of my grandmother's yarn. The yarn is probably from the mid 80s? Anyway, I lovingly washed it and whipped up a hat for you while thinking chill thoughts, so it should also be good for protecting you from psychic damage (in addition to keeping your noggin warm)

I will cherish it :glomp:

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

oh! i get it now! thanks orb!

(there was a fingerprint on it in lieu of a signature)

more falafel please

forums poster

Zurtilik posted:

I got my gift!

My most generous Santa is More Falafel Please! and this rules. The frame feels so good and I got a nice wood smell opening and it's all very exciting. This picture is rad as heck and I'm gonna hang it in the near future where it will grace my wall for ages to come.

I'm gonna try these drinks tomorrow and give you a report.

Thank you so much Falafel! Yobbers are the best.

hell yeah, enjoy friend! if you let me know vaguely what time you're introducing yourself to the greatness of malört, I'll do a shot with you

Derpies

by sebmojo
I am shipped everyone pray to the customs gods they ignore my lies my terrible lies and crimes

----------------

FluffieDuckie

Derpies posted:

I am shipped everyone pray to the customs gods they ignore my lies my terrible lies and crimes

I don’t think we’ve ever had a yobber arrested for lying on their customs form.

You could be the first!

Derpies

by sebmojo

FluffieDuckie posted:

I don’t think we’ve ever had a yobber arrested for lying on their customs form.

You could be the first!

my extremely illegal hot sauce

----------------

Zurtilik

more falafel please posted:

hell yeah, enjoy friend! if you let me know vaguely what time you're introducing yourself to the greatness of malört, I'll do a shot with you

I did the Malort and it was rough. It started like how an IPA tastes like to me and then it just grew worse and worse and the chaser wouldn't clear it.

more falafel please

forums poster

Zurtilik posted:

I did the Malort and it was rough. It started like how an IPA tastes like to me and then it just grew worse and worse and the chaser wouldn't clear it.

that's the spirit!

more falafel please

forums poster

i did one with you bud

Escape From Noise

Zurtilik posted:

Welcome to the Malort Experience.

"That's pretty rough but not so ba-OH MY GOD THIS IS NEVER LEAVING MY MOUTH IS IT?!"

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Ok, so, time to tell the tale of my Santa.

Due to miscommunication on my part, my Santa unfortunately had to out herself early, but she did so with a haul of FOUR (4) (!!!!) games from my Steam wishlist. Perhaps the key in the group was the latest Ace Attorney collection. If you have never played an Ace Attorney game, and like a good story with awesome characters, rectify that.

FluffieDuckie had gone above and beyond for an overseas yobber.

But wait, she said. There is a letter coming.

She did not tell me just what that letter would contain.

I listed three charities as options for my Santa to donate to. She donated to all three (3) (!!!). She donated $100 to each of them.

These three charities are important to me for very personal reasons. Colitis runs in my family, and I had to have major surgery as a kid due to it. MS runs in my family. And Jimmy V, the founder of this cancer research foundation and a name familiar maybe to only a few of you, is a personal hero of mine. My favorite quote from him, given in a speech while he was months away from succumbing to cancer, is this:

https://youtu.be/rvay2Ex5_T0

Whole speech is worth a watch. Dude is hilarious even in the face of death.

Anyway, FluffieDuckie, thanks to this neat little gift exchange, was able to do something I simply cannot afford to do at this point in my life, and I managed to check off the ‘moved to tears’ goal for that day, and this day, thanks to that.

Thank you so, so much.

e: removed potentially personal stuffs

Lock fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 18, 2021

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

FluffieDuckie

Lock posted:

Ok, so, time to tell the tale of my Santa.

Due to miscommunication on my part, my Santa unfortunately had to out herself early, but she did so with a haul of FOUR (4) (!!!!) games from my Steam wishlist. Perhaps the key in the group was the latest Ace Attorney collection. If you have never played an Ace Attorney game, and like a good story with awesome characters, rectify that.

FluffieDuckie had gone above and beyond for an overseas yobber.

But wait, she said. There is a letter coming.

She did not tell me just what that letter would contain.

I listed three charities as options for my Santa to donate to. She donated to all three (3) (!!!). She donated $100 to each of them.

These three charities are important to me for very personal reasons. Colitis runs in my family, and I had to have major surgery as a kid due to it. MS runs in my family. And Jimmy V, the founder of this cancer research foundation and a name familiar maybe to only a few of you, is a personal hero of mine. My favorite quote from him, given in a speech while he was months away from succumbing to cancer, is this:

https://youtu.be/rvay2Ex5_T0

Whole speech is worth a watch. Dude is hilarious even in the face of death.

Anyway, FluffieDuckie, thanks to this neat little gift exchange, was able to do something I simply cannot afford to do at this point in my life, and I managed to check off the ‘moved to tears’ goal for that day, and this day, thanks to that.

Thank you so, so much.

e: removed potentially personal stuffs

:glomp:

Goons Are Gifts

So I kinda missed reminding everyone of the deadlines that did turn up, but I hope you guys have your life in better order than I handle my posting!
Technically all gifts except digital ones should be on their way by now, if anyone is still sitting on a huge pile of gifts waiting for my go, it's a go!!

Please let me know if any troubles arise or if you couldn't send anything out yet, just so I have an idea of who I should poke
Also please remember to post itt if you get a gift, so I can mark your Santa as an official state licensed Santa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Also im working on the Christmas cards but had a rough time finding proper ones and I couldn't leave the house for a few days because of suspicion of a some virus infection (turned out negative, all cool), so now I'm running late and what I'm saying is, I'm finding excuses to not do more cards!!