Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

anime was right posted:

i have left this thread for like 2000 posts and i am so, so confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

What’s this about lowtax and transsexuals
this is pure speculation, but i'm gonna guess he wasn't very comfortable with his own sexuality

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

What is the cum status from the front lines, Lieutenant?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Miss Broccoli posted:

hey listen poo poo on the dead wife beater all you want but gently caress off with transphobia. dude was straight.
i'm sorry
i see how my post can be read as transphobic, but that really wasn't my intention

i'm fortunate that i've not had a lot of bad experiences coming out as bi, but the few i've had have generally been down to people not being comfortable about their own sexuality - something that's come to light after i've taken the time to sit down with the people to try and talk about it

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

isn't ladyambien his goon wife?

how the gently caress do I remember this poo poo
yes

i dunno - i don't remember poo poo because of chemobrain.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Indiana posted:

Without these forums i wouldn't have met my wife of 19 years. My 15 year old son knows the story of this site. it is a weird lore. Lowtax was a fucken awful person. But he created something bigger than himself here.
if you think about it, lowtax is more like the landlord that takes credit for the stuff people make on a plot of land

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dewgy posted:

posting a picture of themselves with a mouth full of jizz to expose the real truth behind them sending lowtax pictures of them with a mouth of hot load

lmfao

lol

hmbol
the internet would be a lot less of a wild place if attention seeking behavior wasn't rewarded

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ganbare Gincun posted:

Face it, you just can't deal with her hard-hitting journalism!
She's spitting truth like there's no tomorrow! And also semen! But mostly truth!
The cum has landed with a particularily sickening thud.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Twigand Berries posted:

do you mean "not enough you ask me" as in more goon progeny should have been snuffed out or literally you know the exact amount of misery this forum has generated and it has barely quenched the appetite of your hungry god?
Those two don't seem mutually exclusive to me, so I'm gonna guess both.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

CornHolio posted:

I'll be honest, I'm nostalgic for the pre- social media internet.
:same:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

Two worlds is way more fine than i ever thought he would be in 2009. He has a good job and is able to maintain healthy relationships with people, even when intoxicated he doesn't say super weird or inappropriate stuff anymore. He's two worlds 2.0
I think it's genuinely just very neat that 2.0 Worlds is that well-adjusted. :allears:

EDIT: loving beaten by Ganbare Gincun :argh:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

President Kucinich posted:

Ah, everything is proceeding according to bukkake
lol, lmao even

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Has anyone done a funny picture of a somber, realistic funeral with like 5 normal people and then the rest is just all of our avatars? That would be really funny, and I would have done it already but Im bad art friend

:unsmith: with a little grenade flag over the coffin, and maybe a :getin: frog on the headstone
Some of the people who've died over the years have a frog on a cloud avatar with the text "got out" on it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ymstztcv posted:

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Ah, it was a Dare rereg.

I should've guessed.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

smoobles posted:

might be good to permaban everyone who posted itt
but op, i've already been permabanned once

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

but what if it's blood-filled cum?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

here have my sad cat
you need to pet your cat

I said come in! posted:

Whatever happened to Radium? I think he was permabanned, so I dont think he will be posting in this thread, but what is he up to these days?
Doesn't he still work for a three-letter government agency?

astral posted:

I'll share a Lowtax story. Back when the future of SA was totally going to be XenForo, really, they promise, etc., Lowtax was looking for people that knew anything about anything to advise/help/etc. him about the migration. I told him I'd be happy to consult on the code modifications side of things and/or help with auditing the then-current setup. After exchanging and confirming contact information, I never heard from him again.
That seems entirely on-brand. I once offered to do some server admin duties to try and improve things, and he never got back to me.

I mean fair enough if he didn't want to trust some stranger on the internet, but even a courtesy "no thanks" wouldn't be too much, I would've thunk.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 13, 2021

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I edited out the link here - don't do this poo poo. I realize it's a "joke" but I don't want "teehee don't donate to this....unless?" style fundraisers here. If someone wants to donate to the RSPCA, they can go to their website.
Screamy got :fivecbux:

EDIT: ↓ :ninja:edit failed :argh:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I don't know if this is the right thread for it, but since the pusher and shover bots came up earlier in the thread and it wasn't addressed then, I think it needs to be mentioned somewhere:
The Laziest Men On Mars aka. Jeffrey Ray Roberts - who made the gabber versions of All Your Base and Terrible Secret Of Space - passed away like a decade ago.

I only found out about it recently, so I guess it's possible it's something everyone knows.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

No! I hate this!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Also, in case people are interested, there's a thread for posting about how you found out about SA.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

My brother currently has our 20 year old cat who passed away last Saturday in a freezer as well because he lives in the tundra and the ground won’t thaw until May or June and I hope his very young son won’t be telling a psychiatrist someday that there was a dead cat in the freezer growing up. It’s a screamy situation.

Screamy - adjective

The quality of being frozen in death and being denied a graceful burial
I've never put any thought to how you bury a pet when you live above the polar circle, but yeah I guess you simply have to keep them frozen until the ground thaws.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna be over here petting my cat Randy, because now I'm sad.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

If memory serves, this incident is the inspiration for the spermwhale and bowl of petunias being in Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, in addition to being a setup for a very opaque joke later on.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Just because Lowtax owned the servers that a lot of great content got created on doesn't make him a comedic genius, though.

At best, it makes him a landlord.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

some bust on that guy posted:

I'm watching that 2005 speech and still laughing. He was funny. We have to give him that.
He was funny at times, sure - especially with something rehearsed. That doesn't mean that he has to be forgiven for what he did later on.

If you want to practice death of the author, that's your prerogative of course - but at the very least, it seems to me to be a good idea to say that that's what you're doing?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

It’s going to be pretty tight if the rumours are true
It seems like rumors of the death of the queen come about every fortnight or so - I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

verbal enema posted:

its not a meltdown duh they have a life in canada
Yes, people from Canadia simply simmer on the inside.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Bonaventure posted:

you do not know what “death of the author” means
Wait, what do you think it means?

Ganbare Gincun posted:

We sure did, someone even provided a Google Maps link from 2014 so we can gaze upon it forever.
I apologize for forgetting WHO posted this link, but once again, thank you!

Up in the blue part next to the star for bookmarking threads and the link to who posted in the thread, there's an easy way to search the thread itself. I just typed in maps, and it led me to this:

Tuxide posted:

I've never been there myself, but I think this was the building.

I almost went when it closed, but I ended up not doing that because I got sick that weekend.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Heath posted:

Naw dawg you gotta explain what you think it means. You don't get to use a phrase wrong and then be like "well why don't you tell the class what you think it is" when called out on it
Well, I'm not completely sure about it, but so far as I remember, it's a concept in literary criticism which dictates that only what's in the text can be used to judge an authors work.
Sometimes it gets applied by people trying to argue that the author is no more right about the interpretation of the work than is anyone else, but other times it gets used to divorce the author from their work in case it turns out the author is a right prick.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

petit choux posted:

(I bet it involves authors.)
If you think about it, on a long enough timeline, everyone's dead.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

petit choux posted:

Which using deductive reasoning would indicate authors are in there somewhere.
That was the central points to one of Heinleins later novels, lol.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

petit choux posted:

Front page? Front page of what?
:iiam:

Also, speaking of that, oldtimers may remember this.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Darko posted:

I know where it is because I was "stile." I like to keep it buried because I changed about my usage of the n word since then haha.

It was funny to do back then because stile and I were trolling his readers but doesn't work as much without the context.
It's still loving brilliant.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Pablo Fanques posted:

ah, one more. According to rumors and wikipedia, Jeffrey Ray Roberts (better known as The Laziest Men on Mars,) passed away a decade ago, but if anyone wants to hear "We Are Something Awful" again here you go:

https://sndup.net/2bxt
Yep :(

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I don't know if this is the right thread for it, but since the pusher and shover bots came up earlier in the thread and it wasn't addressed then, I think it needs to be mentioned somewhere:
The Laziest Men On Mars aka. Jeffrey Ray Roberts - who made the gabber versions of All Your Base and Terrible Secret Of Space - passed away like a decade ago.

I only found out about it recently, so I guess it's possible it's something everyone knows.
The first link in my post contains the complete collection of his songs.

JRR was TLMoM, as evidenced by the credit on the mp3s.com artist page.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 14, 2021

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ah, so you were being perscriptivist, gotcha.

While I'm not a very cunning linguist, I try to be descriptivist - and it's easily provable that the concept gets used by people that way; just look at Rowling.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

God Futa is basically gonna pay for the server costs this month herself

I've never understood the incessant need to rereg permas. If this was a free forum, sure, register away with no consequences. But this costs money, like poo poo man. Are you really owning us by paying what's now like $100 to post for three minutes?
I'm gonna presume they were groomed by Richard and are grieving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

spouse posted:

:screamy:How can I get a screamy gangtag? that poo poo slaps.:screamy:

Darko posted:

Also someone asked earlier, Stile got a TON of hatemail when all the supremacist people thought he was black all along.
:rubby: