Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Death Duck posted:

I had to reset my password so that I could log back in to this dumb place i used to shitpost as a teenager to wish a rip to a guy who apparently became way more of an rear end in a top hat since i last logged in

so rip i guess

yeah the last few years were real bad for the guy. stick around tho the forums are better than ever

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

wonder how uwe boll feels rn knowing he killed a man

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

anyway enough about lowtax, have some pizza matrix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzYulkD13D0

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

disposablewords posted:

Uh well I know I'm only a very recent joiner but I've been lurking for ages and involved in some goon-adjacent communities, so I've got the weird feeling of realizing that this site and thus Lowtax are at least indirectly responsible for meeting my boyfriend. Welp.

there's millions of people out there that will never understand how lowtax shaped their world in a weirdly deep and direct way and, well, they're probably better off not knowing

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

wow lowtax invented NFTs???

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

That Dang Dad posted:

BREAKING: A second plane has hit Fark.com

sources are saying that the hijackers were mostly from ebaumsworld

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

A Lamer posted:

I still hang out with goons on discord, even if the forums drove me away by turning to poo poo for a long time.

we're better now

e: or worse, if you're a bad person. only stay if you're good please

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Diogines posted:

I could be mistaken but I think watching other people play games on YouTube and Twitch sort of evolved from Lets Plays on SA, right? Did any community online really have a dedicated area to watch other people play games? I could be mistaken but I am not aware of any?

I sometimes wonder if Lowtax saw it that way and felt cheated on not becoming a zillionaire when a concept started on SA later made metric assloads of money?

if he'd had any sense at all he could have been at ground zero on monetizing it with some kind of specialized platform but the only way he could conceive of making money from LPs was by putting up the paywall whenever the dangan ronpa LP updated. unironically the funniest gag he ever pulled tho

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

just saw a tweet about how lowtax somehow ruined the roblox forums??? lmao

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

spouse posted:

i saw that too. his abusers were GOONS :argh:

i don't really blame people who have negative feelings toward SA but i do wish i could convey to them all of the positive things that have come out of this website too because the hatred for a vague amorphous concept they don't really have a handle on is real weird sometimes

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mola Yam posted:

there's an alternate universe, where lowtax was like 20-40% less of a self-sabotaging fuckup, where he ends up a billionaire

currently astrally projecting into that alternate universe and it seems richard ended up dying today on an orbital flight with jeff bezos. choked on a goldbelly in zero g

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zetamind2000 posted:

Would it be funnier to honor his memory by unbanning the furries or by bringing back lf

Maybe both

unban literally everyone he ever banned imo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

karphead posted:

lowtax would have loved this thread i think and that's why i can't completely sign him off - rip lowtax

lowtax like, eight years ago would have loved this thread. the guy he was a month ago would have banned everybody. sad poo poo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

Since he indirectly created the internet, that means the kill switch to delete the internet has been activated, right?

the bombing will begin in 5 minutes

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

forbidden dialectics posted:

We act like we're all joke's, all the time here, but putting aside the ironic facade for a brief minute, I'm genuinely conflicted about my feelings - I'm nobody on here, just a lurker-turned-whitenoise poster, and my cynical side is screaming "how can you have feelings about this parasocial relationship!"; but I've spent the better part of twenty years reading these forums and Rich's website.

it wasn't really a parasocial relationship the way you would define it now imo. lowtax was never a Content Creator with a Brand, he was just himself and that was sometimes really funny and more often kind of awful

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Who should play Lowtax in the biopic: Timothee Chalamet or Chris Pratt? It's 2021, those are your only two options.

idk but i do know it should be directed by uwe boll

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

forbidden dialectics posted:

ok but if that;s the case then why do i still laugh every single time I walk though the korean grocery store and see these:

youre laughing at a man, not a brand

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ah i see, not only are you constantly a bitter weirdo in qcs, you're also part of the vanishingly tiny fraction of posters that still hates furries

lmao

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fagus posted:

I don't know the guy outside of forum posts, front page articles, baseball alarm clocks, doom house, mood house, flash tubs, hot sauces, whimsical boxing matches, and his gaming garbage videos so this more recent stuff is really shocking and kind of hitting all at once.

:feelsbadman:

Perhaps one day I can come back and there won't be such godawful news about a former moderator, admin, or forum celebrity being ousted in memory as a terrible person, but today is not that day.

RIP Lowtax
Your high was high, but your low was a little too taxed.

I don't hate you, but I pity that you will never get to redeem yourself now.

drat trying to imagine being in your position and it's some rip van winkle poo poo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

SA right now:

as if this could possibly be an accurate representation of the goon psyche without electrochemistry

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

t3nken posted:

All this to avoid paying out some cash to his wife and kids?

to avoid facing the fact that every person who told him that he was ruining his life and the lives of others for the last decade (at a minimum) was right

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If he could have gone back in time, I hope he would do it again

pretty sure the only thing lowtax would have changed is avoiding getting his spine pulverized in vegas. entirely possible that would have led to a happier, healthier, less abusive richard kyanka, but also maybe not. hard to say.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

sebmojo posted:

I've never seen a specific figure, I think that was pulled out of the air.

one of ladyambien's friends (the one who set up the gofundme i believe?) posted a tweet saying lowtax blew through $400k in a year. presumably that's a combination of jeff money, gaming garbage money (to the extent that it made money), and leftover cash he made over the years from the forums and hadn't already funneled straight to goldbelly HQ

not sure where the idea that it was all jeff money came from. i know lowtax pretended to be headed for destitution due to radium code there for a while but it wasn't, like, true.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

just found this while i was rooting around my hard drive

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/699373160516157533/908454515483758612/lowtaxsavestheforums_-_Copy.mp4

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

posting runs in the blood

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Valko posted:

I hear he is rebranding his company as 'Meta' or some poo poo.

As for newspaper articles? I have no idea why TheSun.uk is reporting on this. It's the sort of British tabloid that features Momo and Black Eyed Kids as front page stories (maybe it was The Star?).

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/celebrities/16707416/richard-lowtax-kyankas-ex-wife-megan-austin/

Why they are taking an interest just now is beyond me and now they are bringing one of his ex's into it. I read the article and it seems like someone clueless who just found out about SA and is trying to condense the entire history of the forums into several paragraphs.

"The company was bought by YOSPOS for an undisclosed amount."

Who is this mysterious YOSPOS organisation?

i like how they introduce him as a TV producer

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Booty Pageant posted:

rich lived a clowns life, he created and entertained but behind the mask was a man with a string of broken relationships

can't bust the krust cause he busted himself

rest in piss you fuckman

lowtax as krusty is pretty much exactly on the nose tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

caught up with the last few days of posts and gotta say i didn't expect this to turn into a revival of cum thread

but, well, since it did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsKsvKQJDU0

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 14, 2021