Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello everyone and welcome again to the AEW Prediction Game!

Here's the form - https://forms.gle/Hc9CvX85s7Hqe2ZHA

Once again I lucked into being able to go to the PPV, so no open prediction because there's no chance I can score that accurately by the time I'll be able to get around to it. But I still love reading them so please drop them in here if you have one!

Also tell me about the coolest seats you've ever had for a big event because we got floor seats :toot:

e: just to clear up any possible confusion: the prop bet for people ending up outside the arena is for the street fight, not falls count anywhere. It's sandwiched between those two questions so I could see someone not being sure.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My open prediction is that the street fight is going to end up inside First Ave somehow

also it doesn't really count as a big event I guess but I had front row seats at a Weird Al concert once and that was a shitload of fun

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Is the number of pinnacle members question including MJF and Wardlow?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So excited!

Best seats I ever had was on the floor and right next to the alternate entrance/exit aisle at Wrestle Kingdom 10 :hellyeah:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hope I do better than I did with All Out. What a great card.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Guesses are in.

Best seats I've had were at 2020 Revolution: 4th row right next to the ramp. You can see me being all "nononono" when Matt was suplexing Hangman.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eeevil posted:

Is the number of pinnacle members question including MJF and Wardlow?

I am known to interpret things very literally when scoring questions like this

no I will not be changing submitted answers for this question unless someone gets hurt before the show or something

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I kinda like doing these just to go over them and be like aaaaahhhhh, what a great card whereas the WWE ones I can remember opening the page and being blech I don't even want to make guesses for this!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kind of surprised the majority of people feel Andrade/Malakai will win---I was thinking Cody and PAC were going to win this, as I'm a pessimist lol.

Pleasantly surprised Miro/Bryan is nearly 50/50; it's really loving cool to think that there's a possibility Miro gets the biggest win of his career here.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

My open prediction is that Don Callis is finally going to suffer violence at the hands of an AEW roster member and it’s going to be -1.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DLC Inc posted:

Kind of surprised the majority of people feel Andrade/Malakai will win---I was thinking Cody and PAC were going to win this, as I'm a pessimist lol.

Pleasantly surprised Miro/Bryan is nearly 50/50; it's really loving cool to think that there's a possibility Miro gets the biggest win of his career here.

My logic is that it'll be one of the key heel wins so the mood isn't too overwhelmingly positive from Hangman winning. That, MJF and CM Punk turning heel should balance things.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

DLC Inc posted:

I'm going in assuming Cody is going to get jealous that PAC is getting cheered while he's getting booed and will overextend himself, leading to him getting pinned.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Final Battle 2010. I think I got seats up on the stage? So I could see the action in the ring and got to see some backstage stuff as well. Homicide came up to our section and took pictures but I was too timid to approach him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My best seat was on the floor for Royal Quest, probably about a dozen rows back. When we KAZE NI NAREd it was like standing in an explosion of sound.

So dang hype for this PPV

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh if we're going beyond wrestling I was front row for Klaxons at Benicassim 2010, loved it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DLC Inc posted:

I figure Andrade/Malakai are more of a long-term alliance so they need the win to establish their cred

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

MorningMoon posted:

My logic is that it'll be one of the key heel wins so the mood isn't too overwhelmingly positive from Hangman winning. That, MJF and CM Punk turning heel should balance things.

i think darby being the 1 guy of the other 3 "pillars" that has MJF's number is the best option for this

Rarity posted:

I figure Andrade/Malakai are more of a long-term alliance so they need the win to establish their cred

also pac should decide to beat up cody too

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Open prediction: At least one of the video game nerd signs is going to be complaining about the FFXIV Endwalker delay

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DLC Inc posted:

On the basis that Hangman wins, because otherwise would be stupid, I think you need top heels for Hangman to run through. I assume that those would be Andrade, Malakai and MJF. I assume that's why Jon was turning so he could feud with Bryan and then maybe move onto Hangman.

I still think Bryan still wins, though, because he'd be kept for a top program, but if Miro wins it's a definite that Hangman wins because you don't need to give all the heels Momentum otherwise.

TV Zombie posted:

Final Battle 2010. I think I got seats up on the stage? So I could see the action in the ring and got to see some backstage stuff as well. Homicide came up to our section and took pictures but I was too timid to approach him.

First wrestling IPPV I watched online! I'm pretty sure I ordered like UFC 129(?) before that but FB was my first wrestling PPV.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The only reason I think Miro might lose is so he can come back and cost Bryan his title shot vs Hangman because Miro can't please his wife until he murders Bryan.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

never had a big seat.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Open Prediction: Dark Order will take out Kenny's Elite goons and Adam Cole will be conspicuously absent during it.

My Dad, brother and I were in the 5rd row for WWE's Armageddon 2007.

Looking at the card, it looks pretty dire. We got both Big Daddy V and Great Khali in matches? Mr. Kennedy in the midst of his huge push? A DQ finish for the WWE title match?

But it was super fun being that close. There was a family in front of us; a mom, dad, and two really young kids. The mom started drinking IMMEDIATELY and my Dad turned to us and said "she's gonna pass out before this is over." The beers kept coming, I swear every match either she was coming back with a beer or her husband was grabbing her one.

Well, my Dad was kind of right, because about halfway through the show, she projectile vomited and they asked her to leave, then had to mop up the area while her kids started crying. The dad and the kids stayed and watched the whole show, and I'd love to have heard the conversations in that family afterwards.

When we were leaving we saw somebody smash into a concrete pole in the parking lot and a bunch of people started chanting "You hosed up! You hosed up!". I read online that it might have been Taz that was driving that rental car, but who knows. Maybe I'll tweet and ask him.

The other thing I remember is we got to keep the folding chairs from the show, and I still have mine. It was my kitchen chair in college and now serves as a chair I can stand on if I need to change lightbulbs or something.

A Fancy Hat fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 11, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What does "the main card" mean for Eddie/Punk? To my mind, it's all the main card, and that's including the buy in and any Darks that will run on sunday.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I've never had a great seat to a big event since they cost so much but I did have pretty good seats at the Living Dangerously ECW show and I was a few feet away from where Taz suplexed Bigelow into the crowd off the ramp.

Also go Eddie

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Squishy posted:

What does "the main card" mean for Eddie/Punk? To my mind, it's all the main card, and that's including the buy in and any Darks that will run on sunday.

Pre show isn't the main card, only stuff on the actual ppv

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
My open prediction is 1 new man and 1 new woman will debut. Also 1 heel turn.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My unscored prop bet is Punk winning through sketchy but not illegal means

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I predict Punk will.... PULL THE TIGHTS :ohdear:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

the table's all set for the biggest swerve in the history of the business....

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think we'd riot tbqh

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Don’t even joke about it :argh:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
drat, I predicted MJF to win because I figure it's not going to be a total babyface sweep through the whole show, but now I think MJF is gonna lose in such a way that he can blame it on Wardlow, I think we're building to that turn.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I went with MJF cause he's one of the most likely people to take the belt off Hangman so he's going to be kept strong

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

I went with MJF cause he's one of the most likely people to take the belt off Hangman so he's going to be kept strong

I think that match is far enough in the future that it doesn't even factor into my thinking with this prediction. And if I was thinking that way a loss helps delay the match anyway by keeping MJF further down the rankings.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

El Generico posted:

drat, I predicted MJF to win because I figure it's not going to be a total babyface sweep through the whole show, but now I think MJF is gonna lose in such a way that he can blame it on Wardlow, I think we're building to that turn.

it's not a babyface sweep. Eddie/Punk is winning! (delete as appropriate)

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Open prediction: Hangman wins the belt within 90 seconds after kicking out of the One Winged Angel

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Mr. Squishy posted:

Just see where it goes, this is part of the lore of the Hangman! Yall always wanna rush the buildups and have them over in under 2 years.

Oh man if he gets OWA'd and everyone is bracing for the kickout and that hand slaps down a 3rd time. It could be the next undertaker streak break level of silence. Hopefully with crooked glasses mouth agape guy there.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

El Generico posted:

Britt is 100% not dropping the belt to Tay.

Best seats I had were 3rd row from floor at the Dynamite in Milwaukee (the one after CM Punk's debut). I was even on screen during Mox and Eddie's entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I think the best seats I've had for a non-indie show was at Double or Nothing 2019. I was on the floor about five or six rows back from the action.