Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Yaya posted:

Open prediction: Hangman wins the belt within 90 seconds after kicking out of the One Winged Angel

After he teased Kota in the promo, I'm thinking Kenny won't hit it and he won't kick out, but they'll manage some cool counter spot instead. It feels like an Kota/Kenny match is not so much a pipedream any more, and while it's probably a ways off still I'm thinking Kenny wants to keep Kota as the only person to kick out of it.

I was 1000% positive Hangman was going to kick out of it until that promo, so I'm gonna go wild when I'm wrong and he still gets to kick out of it on Saturday and the roof blows off the arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I wasn't able to put a bonus prediction, but I predict the show will be a lot of fun to watch

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't think Hangman kicks out of a OWA, because you should only do that when the match result is in question.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Edward Mass posted:

I don't think Hangman kicks out of a OWA, because you should only do that when the match result is in question.

What if he kicks out of it, gets hit with a second one, then loses.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Just got mine in. As always, I love looking at other people's responses ( https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdEPMsHXzW5RnsBPtA4wWuCun_FtS4k5uoo4Si8iqkJxDT1Ug/viewanalytics )
Somehow, my picks are often aligned with the majority this time around.

A bit surprised this many people think Hangman will kick out of the OWA. I don't think it'll happen. I don't think it should happen.

But I'll pop nuclear if it does.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Generico posted:

drat, I predicted MJF to win because I figure it's not going to be a total babyface sweep through the whole show, but now I think MJF is gonna lose in such a way that he can blame it on Wardlow, I think we're building to that turn.

Would certainly justify that squash of Yuta last night if MJF/Wardlow is on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hangman should kick out of a top rope owa onto the exposed ring or onto the ring apron. if you don't think so, i'll flip you off.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Cavauro posted:

hangman should kick out of a top rope owa onto the exposed ring or onto the ring apron. if you don't think so, i'll flip you off.

:(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was at Mania 30. It loving ruled.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I was at Mania 30. It loving ruled.

Probably the most feelgood show WWE has ever done.

I think the feelbad matches are going to be the Codyverse tag, Miro going over Dan Bandana and naturally Britt over Tay.
We're due for more B-Dry v Kenny matches and Hangman/Miro feels inevitable. If not now, then later. But it'll be now.
At the start of this feud MJF screamed 'NOBODY HAS BEATEN ME CLEANLY'. It's time for that to change I think.
I won't rule out FTR over Lucha Bros. I don't think it will happen but I won't rule it out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I had seats to the first Dynamite on the 100 level next to the big entrance thing that Mox and Kenny fought into the back from.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Not wrestling but I went to Beetlejuice the musical and our seats were second row dead center.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mr. Squishy posted:

the table's all set for the biggest swerve in the history of the business....

I think if Hangmin was going to lose, they would've saved the Callis reveal until the PPV. Imagine the "six weeks hiding in my basement" promo AFTER costing Page the title shot.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So many wrestlers, I don't know who to vote for. Can't I just bet that all the wrestlers will have a fun time?

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Edward Mass posted:

I think you can have that slight creeping doubt of, "Oh my god what if it's not" like they did with CM Punk's debut.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Is this the first PPV they have had where there’s not a debuting wrestler expected?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Mons Hubris posted:

Is this the first PPV they have had where there’s not a debuting wrestler expected?

I think there have been a few where no one was expected perse.
There usually still was some kind of debut though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mons Hubris posted:

I've heard minor rumblings about Jay White, but more like his dates line up rather than an actual expectation.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sticklefifer posted:

I've heard minor rumblings about Jay White, but more like his dates line up rather than an actual expectation.

he'd have to debut at the start of the PPV to even have a chance of making it to San Jose in time to main event the NJPW show there

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

a fuckload of NJPW guys could maybe debut but where and why would they? Doing at the end of a show would take the shine off Hangman's win/the threat of either Miro or Bryan. Cameo appearance by someone big like Okada, White, or Ibushi would not have much of a place within Full Gear's storylines so I doubt now's the time for it. Some point in 2022 I'm sure one of those big names will show up for an excursion.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tokyo Pimp Invasion

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I think NJPW is saved for a Winter is Coming style pop as a lead up to a WK match

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Me and exactly two other goons are gonna be very happy when FTR wins

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Best seats was front row for New Japan at the copper box because now i have video evidence i touched okadas hand.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
wow the current miro/danielson results are fascinating

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

Best seats was front row for New Japan at the copper box because now i have video evidence i touched okadas hand.

Michelangelo took a photo and put it on the ceiling!

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Best seats I had for a televised/PPV event were mid tier facing the hard cam. I’ve been in row 6 for house shows though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Sir Tonk posted:

wow the current miro/danielson results are fascinating

God's favorite wife is going to interfere and the Miro and said wife are going to make whoopie on Danielson's corpse

bartok
May 10, 2006

I was close enough to the ring at Money in the Bank 2015 to hear Rollins shout "How can you climb a ladder with no legs, Dean?". Random dude next to me grabbed and hugged me and shouted "Holy poo poo! John Cena did a Yoshi Tonic!" during Cena's rematch with Kevin Owens which was match of the night. After the PPV Mox cut an amazing promo to send the crowd home happy after the lovely confusing finish.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

sticklefifer posted:

The only reason I think Miro might lose is so he can come back and cost Bryan his title shot vs Hangman because Miro can't please his wife until he murders Bryan.

Nah

Open prediction: Miro wins after CJ interferes in some way, because she wants her dang husband back. I feel Miro is a way better first challenger than Bryan, Bryan would then be free to do all kinds of things, namely challenge Kenny about who's better.

I haven't seen poo poo, I live in Australia. So many amazing matches occurred in my town of Brisbane that I only found out about afterwards (McGuiness vs Danielson, Chuck Taylor defending PWG title, I'm sure hundreds of great Indy people). Best was Queen of the Warriors, seeing super young Jessie McKay vs Tenielle Dashwood.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Thank you again IcePhoenix for doing this

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lol 100% for Hangman to win, Tony will see this and swerve us all

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Just voted. Still no Kenny supporters lol

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Open prediction: Bryan's titty finally springs a proper leak.

Also Australian, also seen gently caress all live. Biggest show was the CMLL international gran prix 2019 which I went to by accident. Wanted to see some lucha libre in Mexico City, got the flyer when I sat down and thought "hm a lotta seppos on the card. Who knew!" Seats were just okay.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the most even split we've ever seen in a prediction game?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
submitted

i see most of the faces standing tall this show to end the year happy after so much heelin', but we'll see

Punk/ Eddie is gonna be a heartbreaker

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Voted with my heart not my head, that's why I think Eddie is going to win.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
this was actually kinda difficult

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Penguin Patrol posted:

Is this the most even split we've ever seen in a prediction game?

With this many responses, yes. Closest I could find otherwise are these two

All Out 2019

Full Gear 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

IcePhoenix posted:

Full Gear 2020

I had forgotten this accursed match.