Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

vyelkin posted:

gotta say, im happy that lowtax created these dumb forums, im happy that these forums outgrew lowtax, and im sad that he chose not to grow along with the forums, the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

do something quick holo duck quick before its too late

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Holo Duck posted:

I agree with this 100%. 4chan was created because childish dweebs like these who cried when someone told tell them to grow the gently caress up, now they're all over this site with their edgelord bullshit that would never fly in reality.
The internet doesn't just make you stupid, it creates vile scumbags who have lost their rational grasp on life.
"Waaah my $10 sent his kids to college!" Oh really? He sold the site and it still charges you money. Who you gonna target now? Broke-rear end pussies.

:munch:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

christmas boots posted:

IIRC didn't it turn out that he didn't actually have all that much money because he'd pissed it away on vanity purchases and/or most of the assets were in his mom's name

if one lives in a mansion and drives an expensive toy and survives off mail order baked goods one is rich(ard) no matter how many mommies monies are to blame

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

"Oh man! I gotta get rid of all this money, and QUICK!" said the poor man

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

jeffery recently said in gbs that lowtax served him mangosteen juice at a meeting to sell the website. that had me thinking about lowtax tbqh

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This was after we had agreed on the sale but before anything was signed. I basically figured that he was the sort of person who would need to meet in person to actually sign anything. My sales "strategy" was "try to make him laugh and make sure not to rub in how hosed he is". We did share some sad laughter at his fate, which is a little more haunting knowing what I know now. It was mid-pandemic so we got delivery barbecue, like brisket and ribs and stuff, which was pretty good and he put on a weird horror movie. He had mangosteen juice to drink and goldbelly cookies for dessert. He really did seem pretty laid up as far as back stuff goes, he stayed in his basement and had his bed down there facing a big projector screen. The rest of the house felt like a museum, a place where a family had once been. It was.... heavy, knowing at least some of what he was in for. He still didn't sign anything and stalled for a few more months. That's the story of my lunch with lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mangosteen