Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Google for local welding shops call them up and ask if they can tig a cracked aluminum motorcycle case and how much it costs. They’ll have questions for you to help figure out if it’s doable and at what cost

I am the type of person who, if I know a part of the engine fragged, I’m getting every last molecule of crud out before I reassemble it and run it, so I get it if you want to strip it all the way and wash it out, I would do the same even though I know I probably don’t technically have to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah look at how bad it seems in there. If it’s just big chunks, that’s probably for the better.

Like was mentioned above, it didn’t run long, so it didn’t have long to grind those chunks into fine powder

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Machine a new engine out of a solid billet of jb weld