Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Once again, Something Awful is in the news, and once again no mention of BYOB. Do they talk about Goon Squad? Sure! FYAD? You better bet your bottom dollar! But BYOB? Not even a little mention. When do we get to lick the brass ring? Any ideas on how to get mentioned? Maybe send out some fruit baskets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

I dunno in that old article they mentioned goon meets and kids doing drugs I thought that was a callout somehow but I just ctrl-fd for "hammock kitten" and the results are mildly disappointing

maybe we need a hammock puppy as well?

Escape From Noise

Goons Are Great posted:

I dunno in that old article they mentioned goon meets and kids doing drugs I thought that was a callout somehow but I just ctrl-fd for "hammock kitten" and the results are mildly disappointing

maybe we need a hammock puppy as well?

True. We might be missing out on the key demographic of "dog people" (people who like dogs. Not dog/human hybrids).

Glop Demon

Of course, by "climb on something", I mean "masturbate"
someone talking about everything that's going on mentioned that the forums are good now and they mentioned byob specifically so I thought I'd swing by. It wasn't the news though, just some girl I kind of know so idk if that counts

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
HNGHHHH!!!! *drops dead*

My last wish... is for my Vice article to mention BYOB...

FluffieDuckie

Glop Demon posted:

someone talking about everything that's going on mentioned that the forums are good now and they mentioned byob specifically so I thought I'd swing by. It wasn't the news though, just some girl I kind of know so idk if that counts

Hello! We’re glad you stopped by! If you haven’t already stopped by the chat thread to say hi I’m sure the folks over there would love to see you.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Escape From Noise

Glop Demon posted:

The News is where you find it imho

Escape From Noise

FluffieDuckie posted:

Hello! We’re glad you stopped by! If you haven’t already stopped by the chat thread to say hi I’m sure the folks over there would love to see you.

Also, can confirm. Wolcume, hallo, & chatte

Robot Made of Meat

Escape From Noise posted:

Once again, Something Awful is in the news, and once again no mention of BYOB. Do they talk about Goon Squad? Sure! FYAD? You better bet your bottom dollar! But BYOB? Not even a little mention. When do we get to lick the brass ring? Any ideas on how to get mentioned? Maybe send out some fruit baskets?

On the internet, as well as in real life, I'm pretty happy when "the news" ignores me and my environs.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

@astral please make hammock cat 50% bigger to attract the media

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Escape From Noise

your friend sk posted:

Good idea! More bigger=more newsworthy

French Accent

i second the hammock dog. i'm sure the dog would hang out with hammock cat, too

Escape From Noise

Someone posted the hammock dog pretty recently, right?

Escape From Noise

Putty posted:

HNGHHHH!!!! *drops dead*

My last wish... is for my Vice article to mention BYOB...

Please, the media! Would you deny the dying wishes of our beloved friend?

astral

your friend sk posted:

What if, and hear me out, we instead make everything else 50% smaller?

Goons Are Gifts

just imagine, we'd have more posting on the same surface area as before AND a bigger hammock kitty

consensus has been reached, push the button

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

True. We might be missing out on the key demographic of "dog people" (people who like dogs. Not dog/human hybrids).

What is wrong with Me Peanutbutter? He is a good boy and Bojack's friend.

Oh I see they aren't not allowed, they just aren't the target! Like how cat people doesn't mean Princess Caroline.

Stoner Sloth

astral posted:

was unaware that admins had access to shrink ray technology but all for this idea

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

astral posted:

Everything but Tiny Myers, he's already VERY small!!!

fps_nug

horsing around no longer

Mormon Nailer posted:

Everything but Tiny Myers, he's already VERY small!!!

I shudder at the thought

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

astral posted:

This would make me sad, I'm old and have bad eyesight.

But a hammock dog to keep company to hammock cat? An excellent concept sure to attract the spotlight if there's still any light left in this world.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
We can call the News and invite them over for tea and sweets? Then when they get back to the News House they can report on the delightful time they had over at BYOB.

Khanstant
hey the news why dont you come here and say nothing about us for once

FluffieDuckie

I think the problem is we’re not controversial enough.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Escape From Noise

Khanstant posted:

hey the news why dont you come here and say nothing about us for once

I guess you could say The News is lurking and refusing to post.

Escape From Noise

FluffieDuckie posted:

I think the problem is we’re not controversial enough.

What? We're just going to pretend there's not a huge divide between those that believe that all foods are sandwiches (correct) and those that (unfortunately) believe all food is soup in a bread bowl (wrong)?

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

What? We're just going to pretend there's not a huge divide between those that believe that all foods are sandwiches (correct) and those that (unfortunately) believe all food is soup in a bread bowl (wrong)?

look i'll accept all foods are sandwiches, but the hammock cat IS both a hot dog and a cool cat and i'll die on that hill

Join the BYOB Army

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Maybe we should drop a big cuss word on live TV

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

I can say hell on twitch

Join the BYOB Army

Zurtilik

your friend sk posted:

I can say hell on twitch

Not juicy enough. But a food direction!

Escape From Noise

Zurtilik posted:

Not juicy enough. But a food direction!

Cursing food? That may be taking it too far! But maybe we need to cross some lines? :ohdear:

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Curse the tea and sweets? Then the News will get on the TV to compliment our cursed tea and sweets or face the wrath of a curse :)

Zurtilik

The cursed Tea and biscuit factory sounds lije an old fashioned Scooby-Doo plot.

Stoner Sloth

buy huey lewis an account!

Stupacabra

read Merry Hell

Stoner Sloth posted:

buy huey lewis an account!

"i'm just happy to be stuck with goons" - Huey Lewis

biosterous

if we need controversy i could make a vid where i show a squirrel the bird aka my middle finger (the rude one)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

biosterous posted:

if we need controversy i could make a vid where i show a squirrel the bird aka my middle finger (the rude one)

... jesus christ

bog pixie

we need a byob petting zoo, and it needs to be an absolute disaster

Twenty Four

*Goes to Boston harbor and gently underhand tosses a single tea bag into the ocean* "That outta get their attention!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You frickin dip weed news agents are gonna hack me off if you don't recognize the edgy comedy and dark underbelly of BYOB, the controversial forum about getting too fuckin high to finish making your noodles so you just bite into the dry cup-shaped form and crunch it up while drinking Gatorade so basically it IS soup since citric acid, you know. So anyway every food is a soup in a bread bowl.