Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Woof that was sure a game of football. I guess the shirts will be printed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

that was terrible and totally on the offense

the Ravens seemed completely unprepared for cover 0, Miami had free rushers all game and on third downs in particular. Ravens tried screens which extremely did not work, and never got the inside slants or quick outs going (until they did and Sammy fumbled it for a Dolphins TD)

Bateman appears to be our best WR already. Whenever he's not on the field, all the other players should be asking "Where's Bateman?"

defensively I think they battled but got burned by some big plays again. worth remembering they lost starting safety Elliott last week and rookie Brandon Stephens is promising but he's clearly a huge step down as a starter.

this was the game sealer, he's 21: https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1459016115821158400

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

starting to like the chances of the plucky young guy out of Tampa Bay finally winning his MVP

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

that was terrible and totally on the offense

the Ravens seemed completely unprepared for cover 0, Miami had free rushers all game and on third downs in particular. Ravens tried screens which extremely did not work, and never got the inside slants or quick outs going (until they did and Sammy fumbled it for a Dolphins TD)

Bateman appears to be our best WR already. Whenever he's not on the field, all the other players should be asking "Where's Bateman?"

defensively I think they battled but got burned by some big plays again. worth remembering they lost starting safety Elliott last week and rookie Brandon Stephens is promising but he's clearly a huge step down as a starter.

this was the game sealer, he's 21: https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1459016115821158400

this is all about right. really insane playcalling the whole game. i dont really know what they were thinking other than 'lets get people back healthy'

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah completely on the offense. Tone was set when Watkins just failed to track what should have been a TD pass. Then once Tucker missed that kick on the next drive you kind of knew it was going to be this sort of game.

Our WRs are overall good. But we have no one who can make contested catches except maybe Bateman. Andrews' dead grandma powers have dissipated.

Someone needs to lecture the Ravens on how to construct a screen play. Cause what we do does not cut it. If you have like two or three tacklers coming freely at the guy you're trying to do a screen to that's what most teams would consider a busted play. Yet we do it again and again like it's supposed to work.

Instead we could have been running short quick plays to get like 5 yards. And just do that all day until they back off then make them pay. We can't do that though

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
By the transitive property the Jaguars are better than the Ravens

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

JT Jag posted:

By the transitive property the Jaguars are better than the Ravens

The Ravens might be one of the worst teams in the league. And I mean might literally. I just don't even know with this group.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens might be one of the worst teams in the league. And I mean might literally. I just don't even know with this group.
bro you're 6-3

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

JT Jag posted:

bro you're 6-3

We basically should have lost to the Lions. Needed miracles to beat the Chiefs and Colts. Vikings was a good comeback I won't knock us too hard for that one. Got blown out by the Bengals.

We've only played one divisional game so far. I honestly would not be shocked if the Ravens went like 1-5 or even 0-6 in the division this year.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1459022888980205571

when something works, why stop?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kawalimus posted:

Frame the post, lmao

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Miami Dolphins won a prime time game against a quality opponent. I am flummoxed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
yall get sucked in by Kawalimus so easily

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The AFC is very fun this year if you don't cheer for any of the teams. Just need the Titans to inexplicably drop one to the...say Texans in a couple of weeks to spice things up.

If you do cheer for an AFC team it's quite exhausting.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

The AFC is very fun this year if you don't cheer for any of the teams. Just need the Titans to inexplicably drop one to the...say Texans in a couple of weeks to spice things up.

Yeah

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah completely on the offense. Tone was set when Watkins just failed to track what should have been a TD pass. Then once Tucker missed that kick on the next drive you kind of knew it was going to be this sort of game.

Our WRs are overall good. But we have no one who can make contested catches except maybe Bateman. Andrews' dead grandma powers have dissipated.

Someone needs to lecture the Ravens on how to construct a screen play. Cause what we do does not cut it. If you have like two or three tacklers coming freely at the guy you're trying to do a screen to that's what most teams would consider a busted play. Yet we do it again and again like it's supposed to work.

Instead we could have been running short quick plays to get like 5 yards. And just do that all day until they back off then make them pay. We can't do that though

yup

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Ravens have inferior élan.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Ravens have inferior élan.

Coach John Conrad von Harbaughdorff

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I didn't think blitz every down worked outside of madden vs rookie AI but here we are

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I don’t think the Ravens have been able to string together four straight quarters of decent football all year, and that’ll be the thing that does them in if they make the playoffs. It’s not losing this game that’s a big deal since I think pretty much every team that is considered a contender has had a head-scratching loss this season, but the fact that it takes so long for either unit to really get into gear and rarely are they doing that simultaneously. You might be able to get away with that against the Colts but a team like the Bills will absolutely boat race them if they get the sorts of opportunities the Dolphins did tonight.

e: also that 2nd and 17 run to Bell of all people made me viscerally angry. Execution mistakes aside the playcalling was really bad.

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 12, 2021

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

TheBizzness posted:

The Miami Dolphins won a prime time game against a quality opponent. I am flummoxed.

#1. It's TNF. This happens all the time.

#2. Ravens aren't a quality opponent.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Congrats to the current leaders of the AFCN on what I assume was a routine victory

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sorry sorry I bet the ravens would be the first team in the game to get to 15 points. My bad.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

#1. It's TNF. This happens all the time.

#2. Ravens aren't a quality opponent.

Sorry this parade is happening under covered walk ways, go rain somewhere else grumpy.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Freaquency posted:

I don’t think the Ravens have been able to string together four straight quarters of decent football all year, and that’ll be the thing that does them in if they make the playoffs. It’s not losing this game that’s a big deal since I think pretty much every team that is considered a contender has had a head-scratching loss this season, but the fact that it takes so long for either unit to really get into gear and rarely are they doing that simultaneously. You might be able to get away with that against the Colts but a team like the Bills will absolutely boat race them if they get the sorts of opportunities the Dolphins did tonight.

e: also that 2nd and 17 run to Bell of all people made me viscerally angry. Execution mistakes aside the playcalling was really bad.

they did against the Chargers but that was the only time

but yeah, with the tons of issues the team has and all the injuries, if Lamar somehow drags this team to the playoffs by himself they will lose the first game and dumb fucks will come out of the woodwork to say "Lamar can't win playoff games lmfao!!!"

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Grittybeard posted:

Titans already lost to the Jets. But it would be nice for them to drop some more games against bottom feeders.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Only watched some of game last night, lol @ the ravens!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

th3t00t posted:

Titans already lost to the Jets. But it would be nice for them to drop some more games against bottom feeders.

They will probably lose to the Pats and Dolphins somehow

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Kawalimus posted:

You really, really, really need to follow a team like the Lions or the Jaguars for a season. The worst season the Ravens ever had was 4 and 12 their very first season, 25 years ago. Since then, you have won two Super Bowls.

In that same time span, the Lions have had 7 seasons of 4 and 12 or worse, including one season where they didn't win one single game. They went to the playoffs 3 times and didn't even make it past the wild card.

So no, your 6-3 team is not "one of the worst teams in the league." Get some goddamn perspective. Do you even like your team?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

kazil posted:

Do you even like your team?

Like? Your? Team?

What is this sorcery. I hate every team, but my team especially.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

kazil posted:

You really, really, really need to follow a team like the Lions or the Jaguars for a season. The worst season the Ravens ever had was 4 and 12 their very first season, 25 years ago. Since then, you have won two Super Bowls.

In that same time span, the Lions have had 7 seasons of 4 and 12 or worse, including one season where they didn't win one single game. They went to the playoffs 3 times and didn't even make it past the wild card.

So no, your 6-3 team is not "one of the worst teams in the league." Get some goddamn perspective. Do you even like your team?

I'm talking about this season. And we got beat up pretty bad by the winless Lions in the 2nd half of that game this year and only a 66 yard FG kept us from losing.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I think Baltimore is worse than their record, but they're not in the bottom eight I'd say qualifies them as among the worst (I'm not ordering them, just listing:)

Jets
Lions
Jags
WFT
Giants
Eagles
Bears
Texans

They are normally bad in LB coverage but teams haven't exploited that weakness in the last couple weeks. Their line is beat up (probably don't trade your backup linemen here?) And Lamar's not very good against cover 0. They're still passing at the best level of Lamar's career and can rebound if anything on the ground is worked out. They're probably a playoff team, but not an obvious SB contender. That's where they've been for like seven years.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Kawalimus posted:

I'm talking about this season. And we got beat up pretty bad by the winless Lions in the 2nd half of that game this year and only a 66 yard FG kept us from losing.

My point is you have no idea what a bad team is like.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

guys he's right, the ravens suck and they should fire harbaugh and trade jackson for watson

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

a neat cape posted:

i love him

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Apparently Kawalimus only watches Ravens games because there's no way you could have watched more than a game or two of teams like the Jets, Jaguars, Lions and Texans and concluded that the Ravens are even in the same galaxy of badness.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

guys he's right, the ravens suck and they should fire harbaugh and trade jackson for watson

They should trade someone else for Watson and put Jackson out there as RB and confuse everybody.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lamar took a poop…on the field

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

kazil posted:

My point is you have no idea what a bad team is like.

a neat cape posted:

Seriously how do you people keep doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ravens just got their poo poo pushed in by the Dolphins on primetime. Let him have this.