Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
80% of this thread is a dude ranting to homeless people that his steak wasn't cooked right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

shirts and skins posted:

Seriously how do you people keep doing this

It's a dumb gimmick that TFF thought was cute 10 years ago and we just keep going with it.

It's like a toddler that learned the word "gently caress" and keeps saying it every thanksgiving.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

kazil posted:

It's a dumb gimmick that TFF thought was cute 10 years ago and we just keep going with it.

It's like a toddler that learned the word "gently caress" and keeps saying it every thanksgiving.

The reason the toddler keeps saying it is because people keep reacting to it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

After watching the game last night I think it's right to assume that the Ravens stink; that they're absolute frauds; that they deserve all the abuse they can possibly get and a few more indignities besides.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/studrew1/status/1459148827848499204

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I feel like even if people didn't react to kawalimus, he'd still act that way.

Also there's only like 5 good teams in a sea of terrible this year, Ravens will still be around probably.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Still bullshit they didn't let that stand. Dgaf if he was ineligible, it was awesome.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's glorious!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

GenericMartini posted:

I feel like even if people didn't react to kawalimus, he'd still act that way.

Also there's only like 5 good teams in a sea of terrible this year, Ravens will still be around probably.

Reacting to him is fine? He's a homer with pessimistic takes but he also clearly watches the games and analyzes the mistakes they actually make, it's not that bad. Plus his bird watching updates are sweet.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

shirts and skins posted:

The reason the toddler keeps saying it is because people keep reacting to it

Ive been ignored my whole life. It wont stop me :D

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I thought the ravens looked alright. they just need a few tweaks.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

yall get sucked in by Kawalimus so easily

Kawalimus constantly predicts doom. So when the Ravens lose a game - which like any good team they're gonna drop some, as well as the occasional stinker - he sounds like a genius and people are all "oh woah man Kawalimus was right". Literally a stopped clock.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I keep thinking about Sammy losing the ball in the endzone and fumbling on the slant. Rashod Bateman probably makes both of those plays and possibly swings the game. Bummer.

Sammy didn't even have that many snaps last night but he sure made the least of the ones he had.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Kawalimus is way more annoying with hockey talk tbh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Kawalimus constantly predicts doom. So when the Ravens lose a game - which like any good team they're gonna drop some, as well as the occasional stinker - he sounds like a genius and people are all "oh woah man Kawalimus was right". Literally a stopped clock.

I always feel like we're going to lose but I dont always think we will.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I yearn for the simpler days of a decent OL and Dobbins and Edwards just pummeling defenses

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

The Ravens going winless in the division would be pretty funny though.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ZentraediElite posted:

The Ravens going winless in the division would be pretty funny though.

My guess is we go 0-2 against the bengals, 0-2 against the Steelers and split with the Browns.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I don't think the Bengals are that good. I think the AFCN is going to be a mess for the whole season and couldn't predict a winner if I had to. The Steelers winning it would seemingly anger lots of folks who think they're washed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kawalimus they're just jealous you make good posts

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ZentraediElite posted:

I don't think the Bengals are that good. I think the AFCN is going to be a mess for the whole season and couldn't predict a winner if I had to. The Steelers winning it would seemingly anger lots of folks who think they're washed.

Steelers are washed at QB--everywhere else they are pretty strong. Theyre my favorite to take it.

Bengals are shaky but I dont trust the Ravens to win in Cincinnati if the Bengals are anywhere near decent.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ZentraediElite posted:

The Steelers are washed. That sadly won't keep them out of the AFC North race.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

80% of this thread is a dude ranting to homeless people that his steak wasn't cooked right.
I'm a Jaguars fan, I'm the homeless guy here

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Metapod posted:

Kawalimus they're just jealous you make good posts

They hated him because he spoke the truth

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AndrewP posted:

I keep thinking about Sammy losing the ball in the endzone and fumbling on the slant. Rashod Bateman probably makes both of those plays and possibly swings the game. Bummer.

Sammy didn't even have that many snaps last night but he sure made the least of the ones he had.

Yeah Bateman was the one bright spot last night. 6 catches on 8 targets for 80 yards, and a couple of those were just beauties. He seems like he’s coming along very quickly.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

How do you let this own you the entire game??

https://mobile.twitter.com/JCohen_NFL/status/1459200639020322816

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

John Harbaugh.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Has Greg Roman reached his 3rd year collapse as has happened everywhere he's been before?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Reminds me of the time I beat my older cousin with an early 2000s Steelers defense and he quit before the game ended. Engage 8 all day

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

Has Greg Roman reached his 3rd year collapse as has happened everywhere he's been before?

He hasnt been that bad this year considering the circumstances. But this was putrid--like the kind of game you see a team have like once a decade when taking everything into account.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know. It's hard to blame Roman for losing his entire backfield and left tackle. I think he's a brilliant run game designer but no RBs and no OL make it pretty hard to do what he wants. Otherwise he's nothing special in terms of passing game and in-game adjustments (clearly).

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The biggest complaint I kept reading was the lack of making adjustments to the reality theyre dealing with, using whatever pieces they have left. After watching Lamar get sacked or hurried for the 50th time facing the same blitz, I would have to agree with that assessment

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

I don't know. It's hard to blame Roman for losing his entire backfield and left tackle. I think he's a brilliant run game designer but no RBs and no OL make it pretty hard to do what he wants. Otherwise he's nothing special in terms of passing game and in-game adjustments (clearly).

This game aside the passing game looks more functional than it has looked in 20 years and thats with the line in shambles.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Whoever said it was like playing Madden against someone who called Engage Eight every other play was right.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Time to give Brian Flores that 5 year extension

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i don't remember a single play where there weren't multiple unblocked linemen in lamar's face as soon as he received the snap

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

why does marqise brown start if lamar can’t hit him for 3 TD against cover 0 all game

shameful

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
IMO the AFC has a high floor, not a low ceiling.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

pmchem posted:

why does marqise brown start if lamar can’t hit him for 3 TD against cover 0 all game

shameful

Brown did have like 3 bad drops. Now like 15 receptions for 200 yards to Mandrews up the seam is what should've happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

pmchem posted:

shameful

Mostly the line and Lamars fault. Lamar just cant seem to pick up and react to blitzes and make an accurate throw, and the coaches arent doing enough to help him through it.

Im not sure why people keep ragging on Brown when hes on pace for a very strong season at the end of the year and Lamars passes to him are often not on the mark