Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

TheBizzness posted:

The Miami Dolphins won a prime time game against a quality opponent. I am flummoxed.

#1. It's TNF. This happens all the time.

#2. Ravens aren't a quality opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ZentraediElite posted:

I don't think the Bengals are that good. I think the AFCN is going to be a mess for the whole season and couldn't predict a winner if I had to. The Steelers winning it would seemingly anger lots of folks who think they're washed.

The Steelers are washed. That sadly won't keep them out of the AFC North race.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

the hot read being a bunch of bubble screens was awful lol. especially when jackson, very weirdly, throws absolutely dogshit screen passes. i have no idea why they didn't attack the middle more

The Dolphins did a good job dropping back their coverage unit to clog the middle of the field then rallying to the ball when the screen passes came. Most likely this weakness is a nice little combination of not being able to run and having no good release valve in the passing game thanks to all the RB and OL injuries. The real concerning thing is the Ravens weren't able to beat them with deep passes in the face of that pressure. Hollywood and Watkins in theory should eat well constantly matched up one on one. Both had a bad game.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Literally doesn't change his job one way or another. Proper jock strap laundering is also essential to a successful football team, but they have guys for that too.

This is it. Football players are so uniquely obsessed with their specific role on a football field that they often don't pay attention to the broader details of the game. It's irrelevant to executing their function.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Woozie66 posted:

This season has been so chaotic. Not just with upsets, but with blowout losses. Look no further than the Bengals blowing out the Ravens, getting blown out by the Browns, then the Browns get blown out by the Pats. Parity!

This is after the Ravens blew out the Chargers who beat the Chiefs and blew out the Raiders.