Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens might be one of the worst teams in the league. And I mean might literally. I just don't even know with this group.

You really, really, really need to follow a team like the Lions or the Jaguars for a season. The worst season the Ravens ever had was 4 and 12 their very first season, 25 years ago. Since then, you have won two Super Bowls.

In that same time span, the Lions have had 7 seasons of 4 and 12 or worse, including one season where they didn't win one single game. They went to the playoffs 3 times and didn't even make it past the wild card.

So no, your 6-3 team is not "one of the worst teams in the league." Get some goddamn perspective. Do you even like your team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

I'm talking about this season. And we got beat up pretty bad by the winless Lions in the 2nd half of that game this year and only a 66 yard FG kept us from losing.

My point is you have no idea what a bad team is like.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Seriously how do you people keep doing this

It's a dumb gimmick that TFF thought was cute 10 years ago and we just keep going with it.

It's like a toddler that learned the word "gently caress" and keeps saying it every thanksgiving.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

There's literally one or two ties a year. Players are dumb.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Who gives a poo poo if a random player doesn’t know the overtime rules? He made it to the NFL without knowing it clearly wasn’t that important until just now.

I think it's more annoying that football media goes out of their way every time there is a tie to find someone that didn't know you could tie.

When it famously happened to McNabb (2008), there hadn't been a lot of ties. There was one in 02 but I could see it not being a big deal.

Since 2012, though, there has been at least 1 tie game every year except 2015 and 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Number 1 seed in both conferences is going to be so crucial this season. Wild card week, you just know one or two high seeded teams are going to get destroyed by barely .500 teams.