Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Randarkman posted:

Surely, Short Circuit smokes?

Of course he smokes. They didn't even give him a heat sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
All i know is i grew up watching my dad prematurely age and cough constantly and it just 100% never appealed to me. Parents make sure to smoke so your kids think it's uncool!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
only smoke when i drink and its open mic night so i dont have to watch my coworkers god awful stand-up

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Hey at least it gets them outside OP

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

This is the best ad for them in forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w79SdvSDLIA

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I know a bunch of alcoholics and party people so I know plenty of zoomers who smoke. I'm guessing you've got a pretty narrow social life OP.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Interesting fact to consider OP. All your coworkers that are getting promoted above you, are probably getting promoted because they are outside smoking cigarettes just chatting with your boss. Makes you think.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

roomtone posted:

stiil looks cool. it never won't.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Smoking is bad imo

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Schlong Connery posted:

they want to die

This, doomer misanthropy, the fact that Truth ads make not smoking seem like the kind of thing some loving loser narc would do.

Its a *real lovely time to be a young person*. Youre being handed the breakdown of civilization and being told its your generations job to fix it, and being given none of the tools to do so.

Who the gently caress cares if someone smokes. Or drinks. Or does loving pcp. Its all pretty harmful as gently caress.

Caffeine isnt great for you either, and sugar isnt either, let people have their vices, llfe is short and loving miserable, and you will die anyways.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Interesting fact to consider OP. All your coworkers that are getting promoted above you, are probably getting promoted because they are outside smoking cigarettes just chatting with your boss. Makes you think.

Lmao I literally am the boss and own my company

Amarcarts posted:

A lot of people smoke at parties. Do you get invited to parties?

Yes, we are inside on the couch or in the basement or each other’s bedrooms doing cool drugs off of each other’s tiddies and asses like hot people in EDM music videos and laughing at our dumb friends who smoke, excusing themselves to go stand in the rain every 25 minutes and inhale a burning tube of paper that makes you feel anxious. It’s very very dumb!

bossy lady posted:

We had a project come in to do security testing on a bluetooth low energy enabled vape pen and my first thought was "smoking is cooler than this".

*sucking candy-flavored water out of a robot’s tiny dick* oh yeah dude I just swapped my coils and now I’m getting the thickest rings with smoke and the chicks… well you can tell they’re starting to notice!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
drat you sound like a lame as poo poo dude to work for id need something to get me through the day if i was stuck with you too

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao my company is entirely based off an ap, I never even see 90% of my employees. They probably all smoke, most of them are over 50 and terminally brain damaged from lead. My curiosity is where do Zoomers and young people see smoking in 2021 and go “oh yeah that looks cool and easy to imitate!”

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Dixville posted:

All i know is i grew up watching my dad prematurely age and cough constantly and it just 100% never appealed to me. Parents make sure to smoke so your kids think it's uncool!

:same:

Everyone in my immediate family smoked except for me. I never got the appeal. Still don’t.

At least they all quit smoking :unsmith:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My dad literally died from throat cancer lmao, and my brother and mom both smoke, and both insist they are unrelated. loving cope.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Zoomer Smokers kick your rear end
Zoomer Smokers kick your face
Zoomer Smokers kick your balls into OUTER SPACE!!!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

kntfkr posted:

Also I thought this thread was gonna be about the motion picture Short Circuit and honestly I think it's a better topic.

:colbert:

I cried & went to my room when Johnny 5 got the poo poo beat out of him, and my mom took me out of my room to show me when they fixed him all up & gilded him, but I wasn't comforted because they still beat him up in the first place.

edit: gently caress you autocorrect

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 13, 2021

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They're the losers of that particular generation, if you haven't died from krokodil by the time you're 17 wtf are you doing with your life

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

roomtone posted:

Amarcarts posted:

A lot of people smoke at parties. Do you get invited to parties?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I cried & went to my room when Johnny 5 got the poo poo best out of him, and my mom took me out of my room to show me when they fixed him all up & gilded him, but I wasn't comforted because they still beat him up in the first place.

We all cried when Johnny 5 was destroyed, YeahTubaMike. We all cried :smithfrog:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Why do we fall? To pick ourselves back up again

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Smoking feels kinda good when youre drinking and/or on coke. Last time I checked people still really like drinking and doing coke.

Menthols after smoking weed is also awesome.

Take notes kids.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly a generation of nerdy little kids being enraptured with a 90 minute blackface movie rules. I watched SC & SC2 probably 50 times each. Never did the back to back double feature though...

can you even stream Short Circuit these days or did it get pulled like the community episodes

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Real answer:
As a millennial I had all 3 co workers pick up smoking at a stressful job just so they could get breaks at work. That was the sign to quit.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Googling such things is actually quite difficult. I don't need to know that something streamed IN THE PAST, but right now.

I've been toying with that as a business idea, but I've been toying with my balls more

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Buy loosies that way you only smoke one or two and dont get addicted

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Why would you think young people are less foolish than us old farts?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
smoking looks cool af but also kids are stupid as gently caress regardless of the generation

didn't read the thread but i'm sure my sentiments are echoed

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

YeahTubaMike posted:

I cried & went to my room when Johnny 5 got the poo poo beat out of him, and my mom took me out of my room to show me when they fixed him all up & gilded him, but I wasn't comforted because they still beat him up in the first place.

edit: gently caress you autocorrect

yeah that was traumatic. he's such a friendly robot and they just didn't care!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Kim Katsuragi smokes one cigarette every night and he's cool.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
you ever think about how the lady who saved johnny 5 was absolutely an animal hoarder? there's no way she could have taken care of all those animals AND a robot in that little trailer but she did her best

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One time I had such loud sex with my super model girlfriend (thats not my sister in the attached .jpg) and we woke up the entire world and then this big biker dude wanted some because he was jealous so I kicked his rear end. Hell, the sex we were having was so loud that some humpback whales tried to get into my place and tell me how loud I was.

But then I smoked exactly one(1) cigarette and she won't let it go.

My life is a series of complicated small problems.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ProperCoochie posted:

late stage capitalism bay bee

Cigarette sales increased for the first time in 20 years.

It's because everybody is tired and worn down and needs to work two jobs to maybe afford teeth, op. People yearn for a release, an escape, a quiet 5 minutes outside of bullshit existence.

maybe they need to work two jobs to afford all those cigarettes

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

roomtone posted:

Smoking looks cool when a movie star does it in a perfectly shot scene with professional wardrobe and make up and poo poo, when anyone else smokes they just look like a person of walmart.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Virtual smoking will be really big in the metaverse

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Precisely. Have you ever IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE seen someone smoking IRL and thought it looked cool! Pee Ew, that is gross!

You know who smokes? Your fat math teacher Ms. Hanucus with the gross sweat stains under her boobs. No one wakes up and goes “oh yeah, Ms. Hanucus wolfing down a Marlboro Menthol in her car at lunch before she has to come back in here and deal with these animals… basically James Dean!”

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Bust Rodd posted:

Precisely. Have you ever IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE seen someone smoking IRL and thought it looked cool! Pee Ew, that is gross!

You know who smokes? Your fat math teacher Ms. Hanucus with the gross sweat stains under her boobs. No one wakes up and goes “oh yeah, Ms. Hanucus wolfing down a Marlboro Menthol in her car at lunch before she has to come back in here and deal with these animals… basically James Dean!”

You seem to know an awful lot about the thing you claim to hate or that nobody else could possibly conceive of OP

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I guess they just couldn't eliminate the lies in the end, OP.

until the ad wizards figure out how to force PSAs into tic toc challenges you'll just have to expect some cultural recidivism.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Id bet that nearly every zoomer that smokes has a parent(s) who smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

normal people may not look cool when smoking, but they 100% look cooler

this is something you'll just have to accept, you can't fight the world on this