Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

kntfkr posted:

yeah that was traumatic. he's such a friendly robot and they just didn't care!!

Yeah, I saw that when I was like 5. Apparently this was a PG movie too. drat.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

drat.... thread suvks....

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thread is…. ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssmokin’

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

How the gently caress is smoking cigarettes still picking up new idiots? It made sense for Millenials and Gen X because there millions and millions of dollars thrown at ads, you could still smoke in movies and TV shows, etc. it was genuinely depicted as cool 30 years ago.

These days, and for like the last 10 years, cigarettes have been pretty commonly portrayed as gross and expensive and pretty much only the preview of alcoholics and divorced white trash and Florida/New Jersey grandmothers. I honestly don’t even know where you’d see a cigarette ad these days.

Drinking, smoking weed, doing cool drugs, all of that makes sense, because drinking and doing drugs have never stopped being cool or popular. Cigarettes however… I mean everyone who smokes cigs is just a total fuckin loser right? Like you have a little paper dick in your mouth that makes you smell like dog farts and melts your teeth and the only other people you ever see smoking are people who look like they ride the bus because they don’t have anywhere else to sit down.

Young smokers, what’s the deal, how did you get hooked?

A good looking teen wearing leather, and smoking, It has always been cool. Whether it was deer leather or black leather it looks cool. Just hanging out on a corner, smoking, like life don't bother you at all

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It feels good and is addictive, hth OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Konar posted:

It feels good and is addictive, hth OP

:yeah:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

My mother in law and sister in law are about to visit for 2 weeks and they both smoke constantly and it loving stinks. They are going to spend 90% of the time out on the patio smoking and coughing and drinking whiskey and talking very loud and also wanting me to roll them joints and send me to the store for more smokes. They both believe they are clairvoyant and they see ghosts and poo poo and there is a non zero chance they will say a casual racial slur in front of my kid and I’ll have to tell them to knock it the gently caress off.

Just trying to mentally prepare myself here.
:negative:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ralph Hurley posted:

My mother in law and sister in law are about to visit for 2 weeks and they both smoke constantly and it loving stinks. They are going to spend 90% of the time out on the patio smoking and coughing and drinking whiskey and talking very loud and also wanting me to roll them joints and send me to the store for more smokes. They both believe they are clairvoyant and they see ghosts and poo poo and there is a non zero chance they will say a casual racial slur in front of my kid and I’ll have to tell them to knock it the gently caress off.

your mother in law and sister sound pretty cool

E: not the casual racism

Mumpy Puffinz fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 13, 2021

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ralph Hurley posted:

Not gonna tell you how to manage you famil but tbh if this were me I'm pretty sure I would just not have them visit!!!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

It’s gonna be interesting. And smoky.
MIL calls me “Mr. Ralph” which is both funny and annoying.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

drat.... thread suvks....

suck the thread, get it wet

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

suck the thread, get it wet

gross

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Have you tried adding weed?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

staberind posted:

Have you tried adding weed?

Yeah, doesn't work as well. I think the filter catches some of the THC

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'd watch a show about whisky drinking chain smoking clairvoyant aunts solving ghost mysteries, they sound pretty cool

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'd watch a show about whisky drinking chain smoking clairvoyant aunts solving ghost mysteries, they sound pretty cool

if your ok with swapping aunt with uncle Trailer Park Boys awaits you

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

if your ok with swapping aunt with uncle Trailer Park Boys awaits you

Nah that poo poo is too embarassing to watch

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Smokes, let’s go

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nah that poo poo is too embarassing to watch

Trailer park boys, or swapping your aunt with an uncle?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

GoutPatrol posted:

maybe they need to work two jobs to afford all those cigarettes

Actually it's because the US is the only western nation without free healthcare. Didnt even get it during a global pandemic. Oh hey there's a hundred new billionaires though. And yet wages haven't increased in 45 years while productivity has exploded. And yet simple brained morons like yourself continue to lick boots.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ProperCoochie posted:

Actually it's because the US is the only western nation without free healthcare. Didnt even get it during a global pandemic. Oh hey there's a hundred new billionaires though. And yet wages haven't increased in 45 years while productivity has exploded. And yet simple brained morons like yourself continue to lick boots.

hey! Elon Musk earned that money by being the son of a man who owned a mine in Africa. He is a genius because he has money and hair again

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

remember people that'd smoke goofy amounts of weed in their house but the second you try to smoke a cig they'd flip

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I am also jealous of everyone brave enough to trade cardiovascular health for totally legal, easily accessible, cheap uppers.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Rather b scoffin' than coughin'

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I have ADHD and before I knew that, I smoked and it made my thoughts clearer. Got off that poo poo, got onto the purpose made stuff, but dabs probably do damage so it's even in the end.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

I am also jealous of everyone brave enough to trade cardiovascular health for totally legal, easily accessible, cheap uppers.

Chrystal Meth isn't legal

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I make my children smoke cigarettes

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Ralph Hurley posted:

Lol hell yeah

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Chrystal Meth isn't legal

It she wasn’t they wouldn’t have hired her at the club ?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Partycat posted:

It she wasn’t they wouldn’t have hired her at the club ?

what am I? a Doctor?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I bum cigs off my zoomer employees, it’s fun
Like they’ll never turn me down or even hesitate.
I could go “hey Caiden lemme get that last smoke” and they’re all “I got u”

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 14, 2021

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I think the sad answer is that a lot of people just don’t care if they live or die, OP. That or maybe they think they’re still young and they can sort themselves out later.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ralph Hurley posted:

You should fake a haunting.

KittenCaboodle
Jan 16, 2014

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

How the gently caress is smoking cigarettes still picking up new idiots? It made sense for Millenials and Gen X because there millions and millions of dollars thrown at ads, you could still smoke in movies and TV shows, etc. it was genuinely depicted as cool 30 years ago.

These days, and for like the last 10 years, cigarettes have been pretty commonly portrayed as gross and expensive and pretty much only the preview of alcoholics and divorced white trash and Florida/New Jersey grandmothers. I honestly don’t even know where you’d see a cigarette ad these days.

Drinking, smoking weed, doing cool drugs, all of that makes sense, because drinking and doing drugs have never stopped being cool or popular. Cigarettes however… I mean everyone who smokes cigs is just a total fuckin loser right? Like you have a little paper dick in your mouth that makes you smell like dog farts and melts your teeth and the only other people you ever see smoking are people who look like they ride the bus because they don’t have anywhere else to sit down.

Young smokers, what’s the deal, how did you get hooked?

I've wondered this a number of times. It seemed like smoking was finally dying out (ok in favour of bubblegum vapes but one step at a time) but now young uns are picking it up again. How? Why?

It's not even legal to display cigarettes here so they're all hidden behind a fancy tarp in the shops.

Short Circuit was my favourite film as a kid, thanks for the throwback :lovebird:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Trailer park boys, or swapping your aunt with an uncle?

Yes.

KittenCaboodle posted:

I've wondered this a number of times. It seemed like smoking was finally dying out (ok in favour of bubblegum vapes but one step at a time) but now young uns are picking it up again. How? Why?

It's not even legal to display cigarettes here so they're all hidden behind a fancy tarp in the shops.

That makes cigarettes way cooler, it's the forbidden fruit y'all

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Is there anyone who smokes or vapes (nicotine) that didn't start at like 11 years old? I've hung around smokers my whole life and that seems to be where everyone picks it up, from family or peers at about that age.

I haven't asked the zoomers at work but I'm kinda curious about it now. The zoomers in particular have the "robot dick" hangup but every single one of them I've also seen vaping so idk. Don't worry about whether other people think you look cool while you ingest your drugs! You might as well worry about if you're "eating cool" in the break room or not!

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Whenever i'm at the tobacco shop (to drop off something to ship via DHL or whatever) the only people i ever see buying tobacco, are 50 years or older.
Same in the supermarket. I've literally never seen someone under the age of 40 or so buy cigarettes.

But i know there are definitely smokers in the younger age brackets. If the culture at work is one of smoking and smoke breaks, it's easy to pick up. I know a LOT of construction workers - even the younger ones - smoke, because everyone seems to smoke on the job site as long as it's outside work.

Instead of smoke breaks, i just sit on the toilet and scroll through social media for 10 minutes.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've smoked like three cigarettes in my entire life, and nicotine feels great, and even though I occasionally get the urge to take up the habit since I'm like "gently caress it, I'm almost 40 anyways" I never do because that poo poo's expensive. So is dispensary weed but at least that gets you high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

me seeing a zoomer who smokes: holy poo poo what aj idiot dont they know smoking is bad for you this is new knowledge for their generation and definitely wasnt wel known when i myself started smokint at 13 20 years ago!!!!