Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

there was a new study just recently anyway, and it said if you quit before you're 45 there's no real health issues.

or something, i don't remember all the details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Crespolini posted:

there was a new study just recently anyway, and it said if you quit before you're 45 there's no real health issues.

ah sick i got 12 years

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

So cool, it’s hot

So hot, it’s cool

Only the true rebels know what it means to hide in that corner near the loading dock to smoke one up and stick it to the man

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Partycat posted:

So cool, it’s hot

So hot, it’s cool

Only the true rebels know what it means to hide in that corner near the loading dock to smoke one up and stick it to the man

I know you're making fun of me but I can't help but agree

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
i was bored one summer and decided to start

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Partycat posted:

So cool, it’s hot

So hot, it’s cool

Reminds me of

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Not caring about stuff will always be cool. Unless it's hygiene or gun safety on the set of the motion picture Rust.

Long term health or your lungs are not cool to care about when you are a teenager. It's an act of rebellion OP.

I took up smoking because I needed something on fire to nonchalantly no-look-toss behind me into trails of gasoline leading back to rival gangs' home bases so much that the habit just became practical.

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Goose pussy

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
maybe it's just me but when tobacco products are all plastered with this horseshit

it might make me not want to do what they tell me, as a teenager

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
These are collectables, you can put together a really hosed up guy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think for me the disconnect is that smoking cigarettes doesn’t even feel good, it feels lovely and tastes like poo poo and makes you taste like poo poo. Weed makes food taste better after your smoke it, cigarettes make you feel worse!

I’ve done every drug, pretty much, but smoking is the only one I literally don’t get. I used to think maybe I was allergic to tobacco because smoking cigarettes sucked so much but I liked hookah in college so I know that wasn’t it. Cigarettes are just a bad boomer drug that sucks!

Also you don’t look cool, you look like you’re waiting to get owned in divorce court.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Wow this guy must be so cool, he's doing every drug in the book :circlefap:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Native Americans would smoke uncured tobacco and it produced a sedative effect. I've always been curious about that

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m no Miles Davis, but I’ve been a pretty hepcat for a while, dig

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

I think for me the disconnect is that smoking cigarettes doesn’t even feel good, it feels lovely and tastes like poo poo and makes you taste like poo poo. Weed makes food taste better after your smoke it, cigarettes make you feel worse!

I’ve done every drug, pretty much, but smoking is the only one I literally don’t get. I used to think maybe I was allergic to tobacco because smoking cigarettes sucked so much but I liked hookah in college so I know that wasn’t it. Cigarettes are just a bad boomer drug that sucks!

Also you don’t look cool, you look like you’re waiting to get owned in divorce court.

You just got old, and what's cool seems wierd to you now. It's no use raging about it, it happens to everyone.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

maybe it's just me but when tobacco products are all plastered with this horseshit

it might make me not want to do what they tell me, as a teenager

Whoa, the blindness one would make a dope album cover.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
How long should it take to get addicted? I got bored and gave up after 3 packs.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I just wish people wouldn't leave their used cigarette butts all over the place.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I just wish people wouldn't leave their used cigarette butts all over the place.

Do you hang out in a lot of crack houses?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
No but I go outside on occasion.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then thats on you.

You could always move to Japan or something, they have like robots that patrol the streets for cigarette butts

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

How the gently caress is smoking cigarettes still picking up new idiots? It made sense for Millenials and Gen X because there millions and millions of dollars thrown at ads, you could still smoke in movies and TV shows, etc. it was genuinely depicted as cool 30 years ago.

These days, and for like the last 10 years, cigarettes have been pretty commonly portrayed as gross and expensive and pretty much only the preview of alcoholics and divorced white trash and Florida/New Jersey grandmothers. I honestly don’t even know where you’d see a cigarette ad these days.

Drinking, smoking weed, doing cool drugs, all of that makes sense, because drinking and doing drugs have never stopped being cool or popular. Cigarettes however… I mean everyone who smokes cigs is just a total fuckin loser right? Like you have a little paper dick in your mouth that makes you smell like dog farts and melts your teeth and the only other people you ever see smoking are people who look like they ride the bus because they don’t have anywhere else to sit down.

Young smokers, what’s the deal, how did you get hooked?

the time i was in high school was the highest point of youth tobacco use since schools got rid of student smoking lounges. walking into the bathrooms was like walking into a thick fog. even then, the people smoking were basically the flunkies, 17 year old freshmen, and future drop-outs who would rotate being on lookout while the others sucked on a soggy cigarette that had been stashed in a puddle behind the toilet. they were gross losers who were the best anti-smoking ad you could ask for

now i can count the number of people i know under 60 who smoke cigarettes on one hand, and talking to the teenage kids of relatives, cigarette smoking in high school is basically nonexistent. they all vape now, which makes sense because they can just keep their vape pen in their locker, take a quick hit between classes and the vapor cloud and smell is gone in 5 seconds. kids also have debit cards now so they just order their vape juice from shady websites in china or albania or or wherever vs trying to get older people to buy them cigarettes

on the hierarchy of gross tobacco products, cigarettes are still 100x less disgusting than chewing tobacco though. who the gently caress chews tobacco anymore outside of 50+ year old hillbillies and rednecks who wear hats with tractor company logos on them?

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 15, 2021

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Bust Rodd

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The_Franz posted:

on the hierarchy of gross tobacco products, cigarettes are still 100x less disgusting than chewing tobacco though. who the gently caress chews tobacco anymore outside of 50+ year old hillbillies and rednecks who wear hats with tractor company logos on them?

Smokeless nicotine (not tobacco, the little pouches) are huge. There are way more people than you even notice using them because it's more discreet and you don't need to spit.

Also hats with tractor company logos on them are cool.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Bust Rodd posted:

I think for me the disconnect is that smoking cigarettes doesn’t even feel good, it feels lovely and tastes like poo poo and makes you taste like poo poo.

You're wrong, this is wrong.

As a very occasional smoker, that initial nicotine high is amazing.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how does on person have the worst opinions on everything

smoking makes you thin and cool, god

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Bust Rodd posted:

I think for me the disconnect is that smoking cigarettes doesn’t even feel good, it feels lovely and tastes like poo poo and makes you taste like poo poo.

stupid post op

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Peter Daou Zen posted:

how does on person have the worst opinions on everything

smoking makes you thin and cool, god

So does Crystal Meth

My point is you should smoke meth

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
My last cigarette was at 11:59 pm Dec 31st 2015 and I lust for nicotine every single day

If you vap I feel bad for you, son

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
It is cool and feels good when your drunk OP sounds like a real square

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I quit smoking because it was too expensive and cigarettes on top of my weed and booze budget was just ridiculous, really. Also bad for me.

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014
You know what I miss? Cigarette machines in restaurants. I was too young to start smoking but it was cool to look at all the brand packaging. The Marlboro and Camel ads were kind of badass.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

a creepy colon posted:

Then thats on you.

You could always move to Japan or something, they have like robots that patrol the streets for cigarette butts

w-what?? :confused:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Once I read this weird book about jungle folk and ayahuasca and crazy crystals, and there were some tribes who view tobacco as a holy sacrament and use it to get closer to the interdimensional snake gods that dwell within all creation. I assume smokers are all chasing that same dragon, OP 🐉

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

MakaVillian posted:

You're wrong, this is wrong.

As a very occasional smoker, that initial nicotine high is amazing.
Relax dude, it just makes you kind of lightheaded for 2 minutes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My favorite is when smokers (with gross breath, hair and teeth) like to insist that NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, eats the cigarette after sex.

Buddy, if the best part of sex is the part where it’s over, I’m sorry, but you’re bad at sex. That’s just the facts!

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Just trying to achieve post-coital clarity +1

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

This is getting embarassing are u ok

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Between covid and cigarettes something is going to kill my lung. might as well have control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Colonel Cancer posted:

This is getting embarassing are u ok

lmao u love cigarettes ha ha u like smoking an ashy little dick all day ha ha ha puff puff puff la la la that’s you puff puff puff