Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

death, taxes, and texas losing to kansas. you can set your watch to this drat game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
KANSAS. THE JAYHAWK.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

welcome to the SEC

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Borsche69 posted:

welcome to the SEC

Maybe they'll have better luck against Vandy

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Jayhawk fans in Austin chanting S-E-C at the Longhorns was one of the best things to happen today. Baylor chanting S-E-C at OU was second.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

dude. you cant do this. thats not cool. im, suspending bowl eligibility for every team except texas now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1SEEMkc-qw

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NoContextOU/status/1449182596143980548

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Seriously though lmfao how loving bad is that Texas job tho

Texas was talkin' so much poo poo about how they were too good to play with scrubs in the Big 12 and then they can't even beat KU at home lmfao

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1459743624195985416

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Seriously though lmfao how loving bad is that Texas job tho

Texas was talkin' so much poo poo about how they were too good to play with scrubs in the Big 12 and then they can't even beat KU at home lmfao

people were talking about the buyout for sark (which they probably SHOULD) but theres loving NO ONE that is ever going to be able to run that loving job lmfao

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

perfection

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Someone should go check the last time Kansas beat Texas 57-56 in basketball

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

and I wanna make one thing very clear

I like this Leipold guy

I think he's gonna have a decent shot at making KU into a decent team in time.

But also

I've seen enough of their other games to say

they ain't there yet

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Dana Holgorsen and WVU broke both Tom Herman and Texas in 2018 and you can't convince me otherwise

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I like this Leipold guy

But also

they ain't there yet

oh yeah, no, kansas loving sucks this year. they sucked this game. i know you keep saying this is regular texas for you, but for real, this is literally the worst game of football i've ever seen texas play. sark should be fired by morning.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

oh yeah, no, kansas loving sucks this year. they sucked this game. i know you keep saying this is regular texas for you, but for real, this is literally the worst game of football i've ever seen texas play. sark should be fired by morning.

well okay yeah, this was definitely worse than usual Texas tonight lol, but in fairness I was more just making a joke about how a program that throws a tantrum every time people refuse to acknowledge it as a national title contender has probably spent more time closer to this end of the spectrum than the championship end for the duration of my time watching this sport

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Oh certainly, the last time this team was any good was Colt McCoy.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Chucktesla posted:

If Kansas wins then Texas will be the only team they've beaten more than once since mangino was fired

Lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Texas is back?

no, Texas is cack.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I like this Leipold guy

But also

they ain't there yet

Leipold is a great coach who will probably only be able to do so much in such a bad job

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Roasted Donut posted:

Leipold is a great coach who will probably only be able to do so much in such a bad job

Oh yeah I'm not picking him to like KU to a title game any time soon but, like, just becoming a reasonable bowl team and finding some sort of recruiting niche would be a sea change after the decade Kansas has had, right?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This conference record is already a vast improvement of the coaches that came before him.

Having said that, I don't think Kansas will ever be bowl game good again, at least not in the near future, because the Mangino years benefited heavily from Mack Brown not recruiting as well from Texas as one would like and not as many Texas colleges being in the big leagues as there are at present. I just don't think enough crumbs fall to Kansas for them to be truly competitive. The ambition, for me anyway, has been Texas Tech good, like, during the Kingsbury years, lovely but with a shot at winning games. Leipold probably doesn't pull that off, but maybe he puts us on the path to getting there a coach from now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh yeah I'm not picking him to like KU to a title game any time soon but, like, just becoming a reasonable bowl team and finding some sort of recruiting niche would be a sea change after the decade Kansas has had, right?

Winning four games in a season is an improvement for KU these days. Looking it up the last time they did that was 2009 (5-7 -- the year they fired Mangino) and they're not going to come close to getting there this year, christ. They have been so consistently amazingly bad.

Trying to figure it out I think Turner Gill to Charlie Weis just ruined them for years afterwards, Beaty didn't have a chance, then a terrible AD screwing him over for Les Miles who you just have to fire (and he probably knew about this)...whew. There doesn't seem to be a single thing they did correctly after firing Mangino.

...well, other than beating Texas a couple of times.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Probably Magic posted:

This conference record is already a vast improvement of the coaches that came before him.

Having said that, I don't think Kansas will ever be bowl game good again, at least not in the near future, because the Mangino years benefited heavily from Mack Brown not recruiting as well from Texas as one would like and not as many Texas colleges being in the big leagues as there are at present. I just don't think enough crumbs fall to Kansas for them to be truly competitive. The ambition, for me anyway, has been Texas Tech good, like, during the Kingsbury years, lovely but with a shot at winning games. Leipold probably doesn't pull that off, but maybe he puts us on the path to getting there a coach from now.

I think if Kansas keeps scheduling nothing but trash OOC games, by the time Texas and OU are replaced with Houston/Cinci/UCF/BYU they ought to be able to string together a couple 6 win seasons.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SEC should rescind the offer

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

They're your problem now. Congrats on your purchase.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Posting in the thread for Kansas beating Texas because that’s what happened.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

D.N. Nation posted:

Vandy could use a free SEC win.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Just woke up and remembered Kansas beating Texas. Lmao

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
horns down

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chucktesla posted:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I can't get over KU's last road B12 win being over Gene Chizik. The Chizik era at Auburn seems like 20 years ago, and that was still more recent than that KU win.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Chucktesla posted:

feels good man

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I don’t think Texas moving to the sec is going to work out like they think. Lol

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The University of Kansas football team traveled to Austin, Texas and defeated the University of Texas at Austin football team in their own house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I just remembered that time when Kansas beat UT in Austin and had a hearty chuckle