Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

no, I didn't want to order anything thank you. I saw the "help wanted" sign in the window and it's obvious you're in a jam. could I perhaps volunteer my services?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pecan

thank you for hearing me out. Please sit down, lean back, close your eyes and let me float this one past you...

Happier meals...

Manifisto

the family here has given so much to the community, I just thought it was time the community gave something back.

salary? benefits? wouldn't dream of it. you have much more important things to do with that money!

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

coming in on my lunchbreak from my job to straighten the plastic-wrapped plastic forks in the basket

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

google THIS

I stride through the door dramatically. The restaurant goes silent, all eyes on me, as I take in my surroundings, square my shoulders, and step toward the counter. The line parts. Patrons and staff alike can sense that I am everything they desire and everything they fear. The dust on my clothes speaks of my long journey, the toolbox at my side of my momentous task. My arrival is a portent, a sign that a new era is about to dawn. My footfalls are like the ticking of a bomb counting down its last seconds.

"Hello," I say to one of the stunned cashiers as I reach the counter. "I'm here to fix the ice cream machine."

biosterous

standing next to thhe counter, anxiously watching everyone order, just waiting for one of them to order a smile, i will spring into action i will give them the smile i am ready for this

gallery of sigs

he/him

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
serving food to the customers and commenting on how I cut my chops at this while volunteering at the soup kitchen. i am genuinely surprised to find out the customers arent homeless. at night as I drive home I chuckle at the thought of those people lying to me. they must be homeless.

biosterous

talking to the manager, playing it cool, saying maybe i could sweep up sometimes, trying desperately not to stare at the fries, telling the manager i'm good at wiping down tables too, not imagining using the scoop to shake fries into a box, not dreaming of the shk shk shk sound of freshly fried fries rubbing against each other and sliding down the small metal chute into a waxy cardboard basket

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

trying to pump up the staff by reciting old mcdonalds slogans but the manager got real mad when i got to "have you had your break today?"

gallery of sigs

he/him

pecan

no no, sir, the honour of working here is enough for me. Sigh...well if you MUST, I will accept 2-3 spongebob squarepants themed pullback happy meal cars in payment. though please, no doubles.

pecan

resting my palm on the greasy counter, wondering if I can still feel a molecule of the warmth I assume Ronald left here when he last worked in Southeastern Wyoming.

Manifisto

peace corps? no ma'am, nothing like that. more like the nine piece corps haha

ty nesamdoom!

pecan

Manifisto posted:

Twenty Four

Luvcow posted:

serving food to the customers and commenting on how I cut my chops at this while volunteering at the soup kitchen. i am genuinely surprised to find out the customers arent homeless. at night as I drive home I chuckle at the thought of those people lying to me. they must be homeless.

Manifisto posted:

lol

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Manifisto posted:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Corporate america just does so much for this country, and I finally asked myself, 'ya know, how can you give back?' So i come in every tuesday and thursday for a couple hours and clean every bathroom in this Walmart Supercenter. The manager tried to hire me, tried to pay me, said what I was doing is illegal, but I told him 'sir, it is an honor and a privilege to be allowed to help. After all this company has done for america? It is truly my pleasure to be allowed to give back. I mean if a man can't perform unpaid labor for a titan of industry, what the heck has this country come to?'

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I regularly cleaned up the drink area when I used to go in. This is reality for me!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

Luvcow posted:

vanisher

You know I don’t even mind cleaning urine out of the ball pit again. I’m just happy the local meth addicts found a moment of peace here.

vanisher

Dressing up in my homemade grimace outfit and doing an absolutely insane rehearsed sign twirling regimen

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Volunteering is inefficient. They have trusted people to handle most jobs.

No. It's more effective to make donations in kind. Consider annonymously sending a tray of beef mince. Or even just bring some napkins from home to fill the dispenser.

Bright Bart

I'm against volunteering at McD's because it's just propping up a problematic system.

If billionaires just paid their share of taxes then the government could afford to take care of all these restaurants like they do in Europe.

pecan

everyone keeps asking me if i'm in line and I say no and step a little more to the side where I can comment on how great all their menu choices are while they order

pecan

*loud whisper* "A quarter pounder? Can you imagine four of those things? *sucks air through teeth*"

Pissed Ape Sexist

Occupying the single restroom sink for eight straight hours, my pruney hands shredded, tears in my eyes. I wash my hands so you don't have to and I'm proud to give back

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Occupying the single restroom sink for eight straight hours, my pruney hands shredded, tears in my eyes. I wash my hands so you don't have to and I'm proud to give back

pecan posted:

everyone keeps asking me if i'm in line and I say no and step a little more to the side where I can comment on how great all their menu choices are while they order

vanisher posted:

Dressing up in my homemade grimace outfit and doing an absolutely insane rehearsed sign twirling regimen

Luvcow posted:

but really, all of the posts

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

lol

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

"I heard the news," putting my arm gently over the store #423 assistant manager Jeanette's shoulder. "I'm sorry your father, Old McDonald, no longer has his farm. I'm here to help."

Jeanette looked at me with questions in her eyes, but I laid a finger over her lips. "Shh, it'll all be okay. We'll make this work. I'll plant the bags of McDonaldland cookies if you'll hoe the rows of McChicken. Our boy, Tiny Jim, he can run the McFlurry machine during ice cream harvests."

"I'm calling the police," said Jeanette, recoiling.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'm here to wash the clown

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Heather Papps posted:

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

Pissed Ape Sexist

Heather Papps posted:

pecan

Heather Papps posted:

take the moon

by sebmojo

Heather Papps posted:

Luvcow posted:

& honourary emptyquotes to every other post itt

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

take the moon

by sebmojo
*le me, volunteering at le nonprofit*

homeless person: my family disowned me because of my 5 concurrent hard drug addictions. i have marrow cancer and my teeth are falling out. last night i slept in a dumpster and woke up with a gangrene toe. everywhere i go people spit on me and tell me to get out of their sight. i'll probably freeze to death in a month as winter descends on us with all its fury

me: god i'm so sorry to hear that. we'll do whatever we can to help you get back on your feet

supervisor: ahem

me: i mean, sir this is a mcdonald's drive-thru

Escape From Noise

For every dollar menu item you donate, Ms. Jenkins here has agreed to donate a Big Mac.

Jaguars!

Hello Police. Theres a man trying to steal our inventory. 6'6" male caucasian with red hair, glossy complexion wearing a black and white striped shirt and a fiberglass hat. He's hiding out in the playground at the moment, I'm worried hes going to take a kid hostage.

Bright Bart

The security force protecting the Big Mac Sauce recipe is entirely made up of volunteers as noone who would be concerned with something so mundane as a salary can be fit to guard such a treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

Bright Bart posted:

The security force protecting the Big Mac Sauce recipe is entirely made up of volunteers as noone who would be concerned with something so mundane as a salary can be fit to guard such a treasure.

Conscripted by the local mcdonalds