Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

got da crave rn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The word is sandwich

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I don't think this is something chains do well. Just find a food truck or BBQ place. Or a pub.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Or get a McRib.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Honestly? The Curly’s or Lloyd’s packaged microwaveable pulled pork at the grocery store is probably better than any chain’s pulled pork sandwich.

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 17, 2021

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
yeah just find a local bbq place

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Chain pulled pork is always too saucy, like a tub of that Lloyds stuff. I want pork meat and a sauce bottle

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

The word is sandwich

BBC usually I am down with this but let people call sub par sandwiches whatever

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

A Sometimes Food posted:

I don't think this is something chains do well. Just find a food truck or BBQ place. Or a pub.

honestly a lot of dedicated BBQ joints that have otherwise good meats smoked-on-site and house-made sauces still end up with mediocre pulled pork. It's never the first thing I would want to order when trying a new BBQ place.

It's one of the cheapest cuts of meat possible and if you have a smoker big enough to put a pork butt in there you can make pulled pork. I don't know why so many BBQ places put out quality smoked beef brisket or pieces of bone-in chicken but they drop the ball on pulled pork.

Things like the McRib are an entirely different beast. They taste pretty good as far as shaped extruded meat paste goes. Think of it not as actual BBQ, but a weirdly shaped meatball in tangy sauce on a bun. It is what it is. If that's what you want they are good. Pickles and onions go great with a saucy pork meatball tetris piece.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Since the OP asked for a chain, and since no one is giving him that answer (as is tradition), I'll take a shot.

Mission BBQ. But it's the only chain I know of that does a pulled pork bbq sandwich. It's not terrible. :shrug:

Also, the McRib is in no way shape or form pulled pork. I don't even know why on earth you guys would mention that.

Hey OP I know you asked for pulled pork so let me tell you about the my local place where you can get this amazing smoked salmon that you can't get anywhere within 500 miles of you!

edit: I forgot the classic "Why don't you just make it at home?! You can buy the ingredients for cheaper!"

----------------

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 19, 2021

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I suppose if I must drop a chain here, try it at Famous Daves

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
The crispy bowl, from Dave's Famous bowl

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I suppose if I must drop a chain here, try it at Famous Daves

god i miss the local Famous Dave's. it was replaced with a hooters and that poo poo sucks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Last pulled pork BBQ I had from a chain was from Dickies. It was okay.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014
Cook Out has or had a really good chopped pork sandwich. They dab in some hot sauce with it too.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Find a Rudy's BBQ, their pulled pork is decent with their regular sauce. But at the same time, their fatty brisket and smoked turkey is better.

e. If you are in Amarillo, find a Toot 'n Totum that does a BBQ chopped brisket sandwich.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

rndmnmbr posted:

Find a Rudy's BBQ, their pulled pork is decent with their regular sauce. But at the same time, their fatty brisket and smoked turkey is better.

e. If you are in Amarillo, find a Toot 'n Totum that does a BBQ chopped brisket sandwich.

lol they're in like 5 outta 50 states

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
oh poo poo, yeah Rudy's is probably the best pulled pork bbq sandwich out of a chain. Rudy's is loving great, I wish I lived closer to one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rudys used to be one of my go to spots when i lived in austin.

i wound up finding a local spot that had a decent pulled pork with the good pickles, a little too saucy but it hit the spot

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Rudy's belongs here since it's also a gas station/convenient store.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

lol they're in like 5 outta 50 states

There's no such thing as a nationwide bbq chain. If there was, it would be the shittiest bagged precooked heat & eat stuff you could find.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

rndmnmbr posted:

There's no such thing as a nationwide bbq chain. If there was, it would be the shittiest bagged precooked heat & eat stuff you could find.

Dickey's tries very hard to live into this.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Rudy's if youre in the southwest, cookout in the southeast

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

spookykid posted:

Rudy's if youre in the southwest, cookout in the southeast

Yeah it's this, though Rudy's isn't that widespread.

I vaguely remember Dickey's being OK and it's fairly widespread.

That's pretty much it for chains I think.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah we have a Dickey's around here

Or should I say had because they got closed down by the county for operating without working AC for a month+ in the dead of summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Cross-Section posted:

Yeah we have a Dickey's around here

Or should I say had because they got closed down by the county for operating without working AC for a month+ in the dead of summer

Any outcome where a Dickey's is closed by reasons other than Hep A or plague is a good one for mankind.