Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Halloween Jack posted:

No but seriously, I love to put "neologisms" in "quotation marks" while referencing "Lysistrata," a "play" I read in my "freshman year."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I fully support heterosexuals not loving as it may lead them down the golden path of homosexuality or the higher calling of the Budda in asexuality

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hope Woodard is 27 years old and should probably have her poo poo more together than this by now tbh

Anyway TT, syq because you keep finding the dumbest articles and I can't not know where they're from. Post full text all you want, just, y'know, put the link at the end

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Imagine pushing 30 and telling people you're going "boysober"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

heckin' off the wagon. smolbender

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

having no sex as a bold political statement and definitely no other reasons

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

inverting mgtow but giving it an even dumber name

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

All the feminist boys crying and starting fires at the first suggestion of no pussy.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
having sex is capitalist and makes you a d&d poster

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

loquacius posted:

you keep finding the dumbest articles

It’s truly impressive.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

tokin opposition posted:

having sex is capitalist and makes you a d&d poster

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

loquacius posted:

going "boysober"

it’s my only chance to stop being a girl drink drunk

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Alright, I take it back, dudes might well get scammed more than ladies, these dipshits are out here hitting on an illiterate Rob Liefield character.

https://twitter.com/polypocketknife/status/1764732522540523829?s=20

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Alright, I take it back, dudes might well get scammed more than ladies, these dipshits are out here hitting on an illiterate Rob Liefield character.

https://twitter.com/polypocketknife/status/1764732522540523829?s=20
https://www.askamanager.org/2024/01/men-are-hitting-on-my-scheduling-bot-because-it-has-a-womans-name.html

quote:

I provide consulting services for (mostly) small business owners. This generally involves scheduling some meetings, and I have an email “Personal Assistant” bot that does this for me. It has a female name (which was the default), and does not announce that it is a bot (though I don’t think it’s hard to tell). It gives a standard salutation and signs off with “Thank you, <bot name>.” All it does is schedule meetings, and it’s not nearly to the level of an AI chat bot or anything. Any parts of an email that it receives that don’t seem related to scheduling just get ignored by the program. The emails show up in my inbox and I review them to make sure everything got added to my calendar correctly.

However, this complete lack of personal-type interaction has not stopped several of the men (not usually the actual owners of the client businesses) it is scheduling appointments with from asking it out on dates. Sometimes this happens within the same emails that were used to schedule meetings, and once a man sent an after-hours email from his personal address (which is somehow both creepier and also better work/life boundaries? I don’t know!). So far I have just ignored these incidents and gone on with the professional relationship like nothing happened.

Obviously, this would be inappropriate behavior if it was happening to an actual human assistant, and I would deal with it. However, since it’s happening to a bot, what am I supposed to do? Obviously the bot doesn’t have opinions about the issue, but if one of my employees was asking out women after a very basic scheduling email with absolutely no personal content, I’d probably want to know about it so I could address it, because it’s probably happening to real human assistants as well.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

This is why I support state mandated asexuality injections

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

tokin opposition posted:

No evidence that this is not actually asexual people trying to "fit in" in a world they don't understand.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

There was a solidarity Palestine/IWWD event yesterday in my city, and I designed some pins to distribute that day. I was originally going to go with a much more provocative image (clotheshanger with a 🚫 over it), but apparently some groups have been discouraging the use of the clotheshanger at these events because it stigmatized self managed abortion. I learned of this when I presented my earlier draft to some of my comrades, and it was the first I heard of that.

Anyway, it's hard to go wrong with a solidarity fist, and green is the color of the abortion rights movement, so I went with that. I think it came out pretty good and they were pretty popular. But it's a little anxious how easy it is to make a misstep when designing visual propaganda. And it's good to have people to run ideas by.

Mr. Lobe has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Mar 9, 2024

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

you know if you had just written the phrase "self managed abortions" without context i dont know what i would have assumed you were talking about but i feel like i probably wouldnt have guessed "the unfairly stigmatized practice of sticking a clothes hangar up your vajayjay"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

tokin opposition posted:

I fully support heterosexuals not loving as it may lead them down the golden path of homosexuality

The Gay Leap Forward

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Some Guy TT posted:

you know if you had just written the phrase "self managed abortions" without context i dont know what i would have assumed you were talking about but i feel like i probably wouldnt have guessed "the unfairly stigmatized practice of sticking a clothes hangar up your vajayjay"

I'm just quoting the terminology verbatim. I get where it comes from even though I have mixed feelings about it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Gloria Allred, the attorney who represented Nicole Brown Simpson’s family in O.J. Simpson‘s headline-making murder trial, has spoken out after Simpson’s death. The family of the former football star and actor announced Thursday that the 76-year-old died from cancer.

Brown Simpson was famously found murdered in 1994 outside her Brentwood condominium, along with her friend Ronald Goldman. Her late ex-husband, O.J. Simpson, was accused of their murders and ultimately acquitted of the charges.

In wake of the news of Simpson’s death, Allred shared that she isn’t mourning the controversial figure and called upon the public to remember the victims instead.“Of course I immediately feel sorry for his children. O.J. Simpson did kill Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, may they rest in peace,” Allred told New York’s local ABC station. (Brown Simpson and Simpson were married for seven years and shared two children.)

Continuing to share her thoughts, Allred said she felt “that the system failed Nicole Brown Simpson and failed battered women everywhere.” Simpson was later found liable for the deaths of Brown Simpson and Goldman in a 1997 civil lawsuit.

“In the civil case which followed, he was found liable, responsible for her wrongful death. So, it’s fair to call him a killer. But in any event, I don’t mourn for O.J. Simpson. I do mourn for Nicole Brown Simpson and her family. They should be remembered. The system failed,” she said.

When reflecting on the high-profile case, Allred argued that the system failed because prior to the slayings, Simpson allegedly abused his ex-wife.

“Sometime earlier, he’d given her a black eye. She’d run from the house, she’s hiding in the bushes, she was terrified. What did the system do? They let him plead no contest to battery, gave him no jail time, so that emboldened him, that empowered him, and ultimately he killed her,” Allred continued. “This has to change. We talk about O.J. Simpson all day long, that’s fine, but let’s remember the victims, because they’re very important.”

Upon news of Simpson’s death, Lifetime announced that Brown Simpson will be getting the docuseries treatment and will be the subject of what is planned to be a two-night event titled The Life and Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson.

In addition to Allred, others in the industry also shared their reactions to Simpson’s death, including Caitlyn Jenner — who married Kris Jenner shortly after her divorce from Simpson’s defense attorney Robert Kardashian — who tweeted “Good riddance.”

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Fellas is it gay for a man to love himself?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

War and Pieces posted:

Fellas is it gay for a man to love himself?
Loving a man and letting his penis so close to your rear end at all times? About as gay as can be.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://twitter.com/embernic/status/1773069759996719277

Do they want to have a resume reference or what

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

at this point it's 50/50 if a man is potty trained to wipe his own rear end or if he thinks doing so is gay, can you blame straight women for not wanting to deal with that

luckily i have a solution and all they need to do is wear flannel and wait for bed death and never deal with men in bed again

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

the flip side is that men who do learn that stuff only did it to impress women

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the way this is written makes it seem like the boy was like "thanks for teaching me how to floss, dumbass! I got what I came here for!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

War and Pieces posted:

the flip side is that men who do learn that stuff only did it to impress women

As we know, all gay men are filthy and disgusting

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I Made Someone A Better Partner And more Functional Member Of Society And All I Got Was These Stupid Memories Of Our Time Together

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I Made Someone A Better Partner And more Functional Member Of Society And All I Got Was These Stupid Memories Of Our Time Together

I Had To Make Some rear end in a top hat Better To Tolerate Being Around Him And All I Got From It Was Being Called A Controlling Bitch, Again

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I've been saying for years that it is in fact relationships with women that make a man gay

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

I Had To Make Some rear end in a top hat Better To Tolerate Being Around Him And All I Got From It Was Being Called A Controlling Bitch, Again

sounds like a glass half empty situation

why would you wanna be with someone that calls you a controlling bitch lol

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
My dad did all the cooking cleaning and chores in my house cause my mom sucked rear end at it and hated doing it. He was also mad that he had to clean up after her. Feminism btfo or antifeminism btfo or something I don't actually care

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

is it easier to teach the cool guy hygiene or to teach the hygenic guy how to be cool?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

tokin opposition posted:

at this point it's 50/50 if a man is potty trained to wipe his own rear end or if he thinks doing so is gay, can you blame straight women for not wanting to deal with that
I'm with you on this one, but

tokin opposition posted:

I Had To Make Some rear end in a top hat Better
no you didn't.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

getting extremely pissed off that my ex is somewhere out there successfully using a coffee maker but not giving me credit every time for teaching her that you can't use paper towels as coffee filters

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Aren't they supposed to learn how to be a functional human being from their parents or something? What's going on there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
99.9% of American men cannot wipe their own rear end