Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/CBSMornings/status/1462050498379460609

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Never forget that Frida hosed Trotsky

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Feldegast42 posted:

and regretted it so much she became a stalinist

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lady Militant posted:

and regretted it so much she became a stalinist

trotsky really had a very persuasive personality, just not in the way he wanted

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
https://twitter.com/Weatherwax6655/status/1462553829657001989?s=20

These people are loving weirdoes, even on Trans Day of Rememberance they can't stop their gibbering hatred for us

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1462759297465692162

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

be afraid you stupid gently caress

e: not you SGTT, you're my favorite nose-avatar in cspam

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Her house and her address appears on both wikipedia and guide books for edinburgh lmao

This is like me standing outside the gates of the Queens address with anti royalist flags and taking pictures

Jk is so desperate to victimise herself

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
https://twitter.com/JaneFae/status/1463129559449100299?t=YFpWcvrrfuv5EgqjlIkj5A&s=19

Terfs love conversion therapy and they're organising against banning it in the uk

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Ash Crimson posted:

Her house and her address appears on both wikipedia and guide books for edinburgh lmao

This is like me standing outside the gates of the Queens address with anti royalist flags and taking pictures

Jk is so desperate to victimise herself

her feminism requires that she's a brave heroine, that's the part she caught

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Brain Candy posted:

her feminism requires that she's a brave heroine, that's the part she caught

Standing against the all powerful might of the trans lobby that is simultaneously very powerful but also still unable to secure basic poo poo for trans people

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Ash Crimson posted:

Standing against the all powerful might of the trans lobby that is simultaneously very powerful but also still unable to secure basic poo poo for trans people

the enemy is simultaneously weak and very powerful, now where have i heard that one before?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ash Crimson posted:

https://twitter.com/JaneFae/status/1463129559449100299?t=YFpWcvrrfuv5EgqjlIkj5A&s=19

Terfs love conversion therapy and they're organising against banning it in the uk

they've been doing the same thing in Canada with caWsbar and the like, it's gross from all sides

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Arivia posted:

they've been doing the same thing in Canada with caWsbar and the like, it's gross from all sides

Even more disturbing Is that they equate the act of "transitioning" (be it socially legally or medically) as being the same as conversion therapy.

One of their strategies is to claim that people who transition are actually just gay and that it's a form of homophobia to transition

Not even getting into the topic of children transitioning; they act like it's akin to child grooming, the same hysteria and fear that's evoked by homophobes irt gay people being around kids and recruiting them

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Brain Candy posted:

the enemy is simultaneously weak and very powerful, now where have i heard that one before?

God it's almost as if believing is biological determinism; that biology, genetics and genitals trumps every other consideration is deeply regressive when applied to social issues

Apparently real feminism is making the argument that certain groups are biologically predisposed to violence and therefore can't help themselves

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Brain Candy posted:

This doesn't quite hit the mark. These people actually just believe the trans lobby is very powerful, because it's really just the patriarchy trying to encroach on female spaces, they don't simultaneously hold the belief that it's weak.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ash Crimson posted:

God it's almost as if believing is biological determinism; that biology, genetics and genitals trumps every other consideration is deeply regressive when applied to social issues

Apparently real feminism is making the argument that certain groups are biologically predisposed to violence and therefore can't help themselves

This is pretty much what they get at yeah

Incidentally it's pretty much 100% white people

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

This doesn't quite hit the mark. These people actually just believe the trans lobby is very powerful, because it's really just the patriarchy trying to encroach on female spaces, they don't simultaneously hold the belief that it's weak.

they believe it's weak enough that they can fight it, a level appropriate enemy. a giant threat but one that can be destroyed with just enough heroic effort, purifying the volk

this is what reaction does, it takes groups of people that can be defeated and paints them as responsible for all the ills that are caused by structures too difficult to see & effect. it's ritual blood sacrifice in slow motion

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Ash Crimson posted:

Even more disturbing Is that they equate the act of "transitioning" (be it socially legally or medically) as being the same as conversion therapy.

One of their strategies is to claim that people who transition are actually just gay and that it's a form of homophobia to transition

Not even getting into the topic of children transitioning; they act like it's akin to child grooming, the same hysteria and fear that's evoked by homophobes irt gay people being around kids and recruiting them

To this, they make wild assertions like "that's why you never see gay trans people." It's such a surreal claim to see be made. It's on par with (painting trans women as predators) "trans lesbians never pursue each other, only 'real' women." Meanwhile, in real life, nearly every trans person I know is gay and/or dating a other trans person.

It's revealing how much, to them, trans people aren't real people who exist phenomenologically and whose behaviours can be observed, but are rather a philosophical abstraction. A curiosity to be pondered. This is also apparent by the belief that they can somehow rationalize trans people out of existence. Like, if they just did gender theory good enough, we'd just poof into the ether.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I for one celebrate western feminism's success at granting wealthy women the freedom to be just as oppressive and evil as wealthy men

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Dr. Stab posted:

To this, they make wild assertions like "that's why you never see gay trans people." It's such a surreal claim to see be made. It's on par with (painting trans women as predators) "trans lesbians never pursue each other, only 'real' women." Meanwhile, in real life, nearly every trans person I know is gay and/or dating a other trans person.

It's revealing how much, to them, trans people aren't real people who exist phenomenologically and whose behaviours can be observed, but are rather a philosophical abstraction. A curiosity to be pondered. This is also apparent by the belief that they can somehow rationalize trans people out of existence. Like, if they just did gender theory good enough, we'd just poof into the ether.

i think it's the negation of negation problem, that is you define if you define something a negation of something else, you've removed all the room you have for any other idea. so if your idea of the feminine is not-penis-haver, you literally can not understand a feminine penis, it's a contradiction

these categories in general and binaries in particular, are for our limited brains, you'll always be able to produce more gradients because there's always more to the world than the models we keep in our heads. the negation of the negation is not the original thing if you take it seriously, you find more than you started with

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Detransistioners (or at least those with some internalised transphobia) are frequently allied with terfs

https://twitter.com/ImWatson91/status/1463331246663163912?t=R4ecaSOPPUZaYROSEKaOvw&s=19

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Ash Crimson posted:

Detransistioners (or at least those with some internalised transphobia) are frequently allied with terfs

https://twitter.com/ImWatson91/status/1463331246663163912?t=R4ecaSOPPUZaYROSEKaOvw&s=19

if this chart were at all true i'd be the biggest transgender on the planet

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

I think, given some of the things you've said on this topic, that you should maybe give some thought as to whether your gender identity aligns with your assigned gender at birth, maybe ask your self some questions

Just some advice, feel free to disregard

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

Hopefully not a perfect score.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Ash Crimson posted:

I think, given some of the things you've said on this topic, that you should maybe give some thought as to whether your gender identity aligns with your assigned gender at birth, maybe ask your self some questions

Just some advice, feel free to disregard

drat the chart does work...

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ash Crimson posted:

for a second there, I thought that one square said, "Anglophobia" and thought this thing was way too on the nose

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

all the pieces are there they're just drawing the wrong conclusions lmfao

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Feldegast42 posted:

She did have an icy reputation

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/taderfxt/status/1463489149013430277

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

poo poo take

All work is sex work

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

tokin opposition posted:

All work is sex work

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Top terf very mad about suicide prevention for trans kids

https://twitter.com/LilyLilyMaynard/status/1463732147009818624?t=6wpE6OS50LaIn20i2FNRNg&s=19

I've noticed this weird line of thought with terfs in which they think the mere mention of suicide prevention or the risk of suicide for trans people and kids is enough to increase suicide attempts

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Worse than that, many of them in the replies see it as "threatening suicide to get what they want." This was a big point in abigail shrier's book, which she used liberally to dismiss people who advocate for trans acceptance and healthcare, because they cited sharply reduced suicidality and increased quality of life. I believe she called it "manipulative."

Another thing that's kinda weird is that they're being very dismissive of the study in the article, but transphobes love to cite studies that show the same thing, but they only talk about the parts where it says trans people have increased suicidality compared to their cis counterparts, and ignore the parts where it says medical transition/social acceptance sharply reduce suicidality.

Dr. Stab has issued a correction as of 14:53 on Nov 26, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's pretty much exactly along the lines of 'There wouldn't be so much racism if you'd stop talking about race!' They are extremely clumsily trying to shut down avenues for which they are rightly called out on their bigotry.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

tokin opposition posted:

Thanks for contributing nothing of use. You must be a second waver.

So what's everyone favorite feminist author? Mine is Judith Butler because I love words.

mine's emrazz

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/jessesingal/status/1463725597113339904

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!