Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Southpaugh posted:

Arm Women.

I'm more of a leg man myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think thats something a Cenobite does to you after you open the Lament Configuration.

Lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Communism will require a serious change in the consciousness of people, and part of that will mean a need to deprogram a lot of the patriarchal assumptions that shape an incel. That will be a long process, and maybe it'll never be complete, but right now we live in a social order that reinforces the ideas that make an incel. That is a problem that will never be solved under that regime we call capitalism.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Some Guy TT posted:

it rules that liberals think us tankies are the doomers when the philosophical construct they live their lives around assumes that most people are irredeemable shitheads

I'd say one of the core tenets of a communist should be the belief that people are generally capable of changing, in consciousness and character. It's certainly a core Marxist tenet. If you don't believe that, I don't know how you could believe the project of communism, or indeed any social change for the better, is possible.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

So what shall it be? Do you join the Unity, or do you die here? Join! Die! Join! Die!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

there was also a guy in jail too, until there wasn't

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

There was a solidarity Palestine/IWWD event yesterday in my city, and I designed some pins to distribute that day. I was originally going to go with a much more provocative image (clotheshanger with a 🚫 over it), but apparently some groups have been discouraging the use of the clotheshanger at these events because it stigmatized self managed abortion. I learned of this when I presented my earlier draft to some of my comrades, and it was the first I heard of that.

Anyway, it's hard to go wrong with a solidarity fist, and green is the color of the abortion rights movement, so I went with that. I think it came out pretty good and they were pretty popular. But it's a little anxious how easy it is to make a misstep when designing visual propaganda. And it's good to have people to run ideas by.

Mr. Lobe has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Some Guy TT posted:

you know if you had just written the phrase "self managed abortions" without context i dont know what i would have assumed you were talking about but i feel like i probably wouldnt have guessed "the unfairly stigmatized practice of sticking a clothes hangar up your vajayjay"

I'm just quoting the terminology verbatim. I get where it comes from even though I have mixed feelings about it