Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Sunny Side Up posted:

So I suggested he also include class analysis of transpeople, thinking that would maybe mean something to his CIS-poisoned brain and he came back with this:

“For that I would need published data on

Educational level
Median income
Average household size

None of which I currently have.“

None of which has anything to do with class. Lol.

Maybe he ought to ask if transpeople own the means of production?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

War and Pieces posted:

The 50's housewife was already on multiple magic pills

Magic pills are the basis of modern society. And that's not cool, actually.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Cloaca efficiency imo

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

People innately have very, very poor intuition about probabilities. Even if you learn how the probabilities in poker work and do all the proper math, you still end up with a lot of people having that feeling that they "shouldn't" lose a hand in which they are 90-10 favoured, even though that means 10% of the time they lose. And 10% represents an event that will occur quite frequently. So, sure, the player winning the 10% game gets lucky, but then, so technically does the player winning the 49% game. But the latter feels very different to people. Then on top of that comes faulty pattern recognition such that people are way better at remembering all the times they lost to the 10% odds versus all the times they won the 10% odds, let alone all the times they won the 90% odds.

You see the same thing when people complain about the RNG in a game like Xcom or a shuffler in a computer card game. The latter is extra funny because you'll see complaints like "I never draw 3x the same card in a row in real life", which is explained by people being bad at shuffling in a way that approaches true randomization and often deliberately spreading copies of the same card around in their decks so that it feels "more random".

Anyway, add in some tits and misogyny and the above can get real spicy.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I think he's pissed that she didn't fold with such a lovely quality hand like she was "supposed" to under whatever expected value system he was operating on. And like, yeah maybe mathematically she made a negative EV play. But then so does like every lottery winner ever.

Assuming all your poker opponent are perfectly evaluating every hand and making the perfect EV plays at all times is a great way to get yourself blown the gently caress out.

That tends to lead to big butthurt about "logic" and "rationality", which again doesn't mix well with tits and misogyny.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 13:14 on Oct 4, 2022

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Little mermaid is an illegal immigrant.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Getting people of <whatever minority> into positions of power and influence is utterly worthless if they reproduce the same rotten power dynamics that already were there before. Those with power know this so they specifically select those members of minority groups that are ideologically aligned with them for positions of power. Idiots call this progress.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

they should dress as a woman and take estrogen supplements just in case the book police come around

Is the book police JK Rowling?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

I Had To Make Some rear end in a top hat Better To Tolerate Being Around Him And All I Got From It Was Being Called A Controlling Bitch, Again

skill issue

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Where do you think those all got the idea from?

Most of the people clinging to it also not surprisingly seem to have raging internal self loathing and/or be clear malignant narcissists. Especially the men, given its basically 'I'm a man, I can't help it or control myself' coming from all those woke sexual predators.

It all seems extremely white.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Is the bear a marine and/or Einstein?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

What if it’s an anti-bear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Women: not special.